== OcUK Ultima 'Signature Series' 2010 ==

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Hi Folks

Allow me to introduce the new OcUK Ultima 'Signature Series' for 2010.

The OcUK technical team are passionate about what we do, we believe that our system range should reflect our own enthusiasm.
Thats where the Singature Series comes in!

Being a Hardware enthusiast is a big part of working at OcUK, we have taken our time and pooled together ideas to present you with a new range of flagship systems for the new year based on the latest performance hardware.

These systems have been chosen to reflect our own individual preferences in hardware and also represent reccomendations on our favourite current hardware.
But its not just all performance, a good looking system is just as important as a high performance system. So each 'Signature Series' system will incorporate great looks, matching colour schemes, and stylish presentation.
We are quickly gaining a reputation for building to a standard that we would build our own systems to and we want to take it much further with this range.

Each system concept has been individually designed to offer extreme performance but with a personal touch. Not only that but when your system is built it will then undergo an extended comprehensive testing and configuration process.

Each individual system in the range will be listed with the name of the technician who designed it. This makes every system individual and something that OcUK can be proud to offer.

keep an eye out for additions to the range in the next few days

rjk

*** *** "Ultima Nighthawk" Intel Core i7 860 2.80Ghz @ 3.80GHz Quad Core DDR3 System @ £2980.00 inc VAT *** ***

FS-000-SS_400.jpg

The Ultima Nighthawk has been lovingly hand crafted from today's premium hardware. With the Intel Core i7 860 overclocked to a massive 3.80GHz there is no faster Dual Channel DDR3 system available. The dual DirectX 11 graphics cards in Crossfire configuration define the meaning of high end with blistering frame rates in the latest games. Experience premium audio fidelity with the addition of the award winning Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card, it's integrated headphone amplifier produces less than 0.001% distortion to accompany its industry-leading 124dB Signal-to-Noise Ratio. The Intel Mainstream 160GB hard drive allows instantaneous access compared with a traditional hard drive meaning the Nighthawk feels faster than any standard system be it loading a game or browsing the web. With two 1.5TB low power Western Digital mechanical hard drives complimenting the Intel Mainstream Solid State for storage you will never be wanting more storage. A LG Blu-Ray Rewriter drive is the latest in optical media and allows full HD playback of the latest films.

Key Features

:- Latest Intel Core i7 technology to push the boundaries of PC performance.
:- Extreme gaming performance with full DirectX 11 support in the ATI Radeon HD 5970 2048MB Graphics Cards in Crossfire Configuration
:- All black stealthed design on the inside and outside of the system.
:- Lovingly hand crafted using the highest quality components ensuring the highest levels of reliability.

Key Components

:- Intel Core i7 860 2.80Ghz overclocked to 3.80GHz!
:- Asus Maximus III Formula Intel P55 (Socket 1156) DDR3 Motherboard
:- Corsair Dominator GT 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-16000C8 2000MHz Dual Channel Kit
:- 2x Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5870 1048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Cards in Crossfire
:- Intel X25-M Mainstream 160GB 2.5" SATA-II Solid State Hard Drive
:- 2x Western Digital Caviar Green 1.5TB SATA-II 64MB Cache in RAID 1 for Data Redundancy.
:- Coolermaster Cosmos PURE Black Silent Full Tower Case - All Black
:- LG BH08LS20 8x Blu-Ray-RW/DVD±RW Dual Layer SATA Drive - Black

Note - Specification not exactly what you are after? Drop our friendly Sales Team a call on 0871 910 9101, they will be more than happy to help you make your perfect system.

Note - The Nighthawk Systems are built and installed on demand and usually ship within 72 hours of the order being placed. During exceptionally busy periods this time can increase by 72 hours. The system can be supplied assembled with your choice of installed operating system but is supplied without keyboard, mouse, speakers or monitor (all of which are available elsewhere in this on-line store).

Only £2980.00 inc VAT .

ORDER NOW

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
at 2000mhz? :p

the system is aimed at gamers so 8gb isnt really needed

plus the overclocks stated are just conservative estimations at the moment.

please remember that this is intended as our flagship range.

the price reflects the cost of the performance components, the individuallity and attention to detail of each system, and of course the warranty

Caporegime
My initial impressions are it would be a better system with 8GB of 1600Mhz memory in it than 4GB of 2000Mhz; and what does an average user need RAID 1 for? RAID1 should be an optional extra.

Why a single 160GB SSD instead of 2x80GB in RAID0? Looks pretty sweet though. :D

Another excellent point.

Last edited:
Associate
@RJ
You say each machine is a signature of each system builder/technician? This one as far as I have seen does not have a name associated with it.. so I can only assume that this is your love child?

Soldato
My initial impressions are it would be a better system with 8GB of 1600Mhz memory in it than 4GB of 2000Mhz; and what does an average user need RAID 1 for? RAID1 should be an optional extra.

Another excellent point.

Because the typical person who purchases one of these systems opts for a mirrored RAID setup, pretty much over all Black Widow and Atlantis builds we did so it is now a standard feature of all our super high end builds.

@RJ
You say each machine is a signature of each system builder/technician? This one as far as I have seen does not have a name associated with it.. so I can only assume that this is your love child?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=43&catid=1270&subid=1486 Check out the "Make" Column, this is normally reserved for OcUK Value or Extreme but on these special systems the builder who had input in its design gets a big shout out for the work they put into its design.

Its called the 'Ultima NightHawk' so i'm guessing this has been designed by NightHawk :p

Check out the Osiris for some of Rich's work, has another one brewing at the moment as well.

Anything with OcUK Value or Extreme on is mine, but none are quite as mad as the signature series. This is the foundation for us maybe looking at making something called a Dream PC in the coming 18 months.... maybe....

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
This is the foundation for us maybe looking at making something called a Dream PC in the coming 18 months.... maybe....
the current ocuk dream pc is sitting in my room :D

members of our tech team are in the process of starting a build log for the forums
nick has a fully watercooled obsidian in the works
chris is working on a thermaltake level10 [this is what the ocuk divinity system is based on]

@RJ

craig came up with the name and concept for the nighthawk, it is designed for outright gaming performance, i think he chose the components well to make a balanced 'all rounder'

Why a single 160GB SSD instead of 2x80GB in RAID0? Looks pretty sweet though. :D

well i currently have a pair of 80gbs in my system and the performance degredation through lack of TRIM is pretty bad.

example:
500MB/s+ read speads when new
210MB/s+ read speeds after 2 months use

i dont even want to discuss the write speeds :rolleyes:

i am moving to a single 160gb drive soon myself as the latest firmware actually improves the 160gb's performance and keeps it performing that well

this is an important aspect to consider when selling a warrantied system like this, especially when you consider the premium nature of it.

raiding ssds without trim would be irresponsible of us, like i said in the opening post. a lot of time, effort, testing and careful consideration has gone into every aspect of these new systems. i think my team have done a great job in developing something that OcUK can be proud to call our flagship range.

Associate
members of our tech team are in the process of starting a build log for the forums

I'm greatly anticipating this, I've always wondered why you don't post more pics of the machines when you promote them.

Its all well and nice seeing the standard case pics, but I think if you were to show off with the great job you guys do with the guts would be a fantastic selling point. Afterall, your build quality is one of the things that sets you aside from other retailers of pre-built systems.

Soldato
Key Features

:- Latest Intel Core i7 technology to push the boundaries of PC performance.
:- Extreme gaming performance with full DirectX 11 support in the ATI Radeon HD 5970 2048MB Graphics Cards in Crossfire Configuration
:- All black stealthed design on the inside and outside of the system.
:- Lovingly hand crafted using the highest quality components ensuring the highest levels of reliability.

Key Components

:- Intel Core i7 860 2.80Ghz overclocked to 3.80GHz!
:- Asus Maximus III Formula Intel P55 (Socket 1156) DDR3 Motherboard
:- Corsair Dominator GT 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-16000C8 2000MHz Dual Channel Kit
:- 2x Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5870 1048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Cards in Crossfire
:- Intel X25-M Mainstream 160GB 2.5" SATA-II Solid State Hard Drive
:- 2x Western Digital Caviar Green 1.5TB SATA-II 64MB Cache in RAID 1 for Data Redundancy.
:- Coolermaster Cosmos PURE Black Silent Full Tower Case - All Black
:- LG BH08LS20 8x Blu-Ray-RW/DVD±RW Dual Layer SATA Drive - Black

so which is it? 2 x 5870 or 2 x 5970 in Xfire?

Make your mind up OCUK :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom