*** OcUK VR Sim Racing Thread ***

Still can't get ASM2 to look good, not sure what i'm doing wrong here.

Can hold a steady 90fps with plenty of performance spare, followed lots of recomendations online but the game still looks blurry/grainy.

Sure. Using a Quest 3 via Link cable.
  • Bitrate set to 400 via Oculus Debug Tool/Tray tool.
  • Set to 90hz/100% (think I should increase the render resolution, will try next).
In game (from what I can remember)
  • Anistoprophic filtering x 16
  • MSAA low
  • Textures high
  • Car textures high
  • Environmental medium
  • most other options low/medium.

Sure. Using a Quest 3 via Link cable.
  • Bitrate set to 400 via Oculus Debug Tool/Tray tool.
  • Set to 90hz/100% (think I should increase the render resolution, will try next).
In game (from what I can remember)
  • Anistoprophic filtering x 16
  • MSAA low
  • Textures high
  • Car textures high
  • Environmental medium
  • most other options low/medium.

What is the resolution reporting as in steamvr?

Looking at your GPU in sig (unless you have since upgraded), you won't be able to run at those settings. I'd recommended first taking MSAA off, turning everything to low, set the headset to run at 72hz and then focus on the resolution. Once you get that right, see how much headroom you have for anything else.

Don't worry too much about low/medium/high. I run everything at low and it still looks amazing. Resolution and dialing out the grain/shimmer is number 1.

The quest 3 is also having to encode, so IMHO 72hz is better anyway as you'll get less latency and far more gpu headroom.

Last edited:
Thanks for the signature reminder, updated as i now have an rtx 3090.

I've sorted the issue, increased rendering resolution to 1.5 in Oculus settings and now it looks much better.

Still holding 90fps with 25-30% headroom available, though will also try 72.

Making progress on the lap times too

Last edited:
Thanks for the signature reminder, updated as i now have an rtx 3090.

I've sorted the issue, increased rendering resolution to 1.5 in Oculus settings and now it looks much better.

Still holding 90fps with 25-30% headroom available, though will also try 72.

Making progress on the lap times too

That's good, also I just found out that the openxr toolkit works with AMS2. You can get an extra 10% performance boost using that.

Will take a look at openxr at a later date, need to get used to what current settings feel like etc. and not make too many changes at once.

Can lap consecutive laps in high 1.41's atm though Will be very different with other cars on track.

Not much time with AMS, AC has killed nearly all interest this week. Had a go in the advance in a quick online race, one has to wonder why we aren't racing that instead. That's a machine where jumping on the power leaves you to a point of the edge of grip, it's not just an exercise in keeping your wheels in line with the basic trainer.

After toying with every car and track combo under the sun in AC, today i finally found the perfect experience. The Toyota-GR Supra A91 S3 is absolutely phenomenal, nothing i've driven in VR before felt so natural. Everything about the experience is perfect, the ride height, roll, weight and balance of the car, the engine note, with FFB that is spot on. It drives like a beast, powering down gets the adrenalin flowing.

I was tossing between the two, but now i can solidly say nothing, AMS2 included, beats AC tricked out with CSP and Pure. Maxed out on the Crystal with it running like smooth silk, nothing i've experienced in 7 years of racing in VR leaves me so mind blown.

Get the car you'll love it: https://assettocorsamods.io/cars/Street+Track/toyota_gr_supra_a91_s3/

That Supra is a pretty decent drive, especially since I generally don't do road cars outside of free roam. Didn't blow my mind, but each to their own :)
If we were doing AC, I'd suggest something like the Lotus 2-Eleven. Open top and fast, but not too fast with just the right amount of challenge to keep it fun and accessible for everyone.

With AMS2, I agree that the advanced formula trainer is a better choice than the basic one.

I've not been on AMS2 for a while, but had a blast on it earlier today.

Which idiot picked that car? It's a nightmare

Did you pick it without actually driving it first? :cry:

Last edited:
That Supra is a pretty decent drive, especially since I generally don't do road cars outside of free roam. Didn't blow my mind, but each to their own :)
If we were doing AC, I'd suggest something like the Lotus 2-Eleven. Open top and fast, but not too fast with just the right amount of challenge to keep it fun and accessible for everyone.

With AMS2, I agree that the advanced formula trainer is a better choice than the basic one.

Did you pick it without actually driving it first? :cry:

I did :cry: I've gotten used to it again now. Managed to get my original time back before the wheel/game crashed on me for some reason :(

was looking for something which could add a few lols

Last edited:

A combination of everything mate, i was never a fan of road cars either. Always considered regular AC a bit lite weight, the world scale, weight of the cars, a bit toyish. ACC came along with a more weighted grander scale, i was absolutely and have been for the last 4 years all over that. The only reason i popped back in to ac was to check it out on the pimax, my opinion on it has totally changed. Now i feel the world scale, it's a night and day different experience. I think that's a combination of looking through the bigger front screens of road cars, the horizontal fov that goes all the way up which 'really' opens up the elevation and gives you a real sense of depth and scale. There are some parts of the Nordschleife where you drop from a corner and see the upward elevation that just look incredibly real. Another thing i think is the CSP and the work in that that's just made the world so much more believable, the shadows, the sky box, trackside foliage, when coupled with the pimax and it's clear monitor like display holding frame rate gives total persistence.

Honestly, if you know anybody local with a pimax with AC setup in a rig, get round and prepare for VR racing 2.0, gone is the helmet cam.

A combination of everything mate, i was never a fan of road cars either. Always considered regular AC a bit lite weight, the world scale, weight of the cars, a bit toyish. ACC came along with a more weighted grander scale, i was absolutely and have been for the last 4 years all over that. The only reason i popped back in to ac was to check it out on the pimax, my opinion on it has totally changed. Now i feel the world scale, it's a night and day different experience. I think that's a combination of looking through the bigger front screens of road cars, the horizontal fov that goes all the way up which 'really' opens up the elevation and gives you a real sense of depth and scale. There are some parts of the Nordschleife where you drop from a corner and see the upward elevation that just look incredibly real. Another thing i think is the CSP and the work in that that's just made the world so much more believable, the shadows, the sky box, trackside foliage, when coupled with the pimax and it's clear monitor like display holding frame rate gives total persistence.

Honestly, if you know anybody local with a pimax with AC setup in a rig, get round and prepare for VR racing 2.0, gone is the helmet cam.
Must get round to trying AC on my crystal at some point, rfactor2 is decent and runs really well too

Care to share your graphics settings for content manager and openxr?

Back
Top Bottom