• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OCUK X2 4400+ @ 3GHz on AIR

Associate
OP
Hi all,

Cheers Pumpman for the image advice:

ccpuz.png

Unable to get core1 prime stable at 3Ghz past about 20 mins at these volts. core2 is another matter, far more stable. still testing that one on its own.

Stepping is CCBIE0619 (can't remember rest but this is important part of code) a lot of people seem to be getting similar results with the CCBIE's on google. Product code i got is ADV4400CDBOX despite OcUK saying ADA4400CDBOX.

Psycho sunny: 38C idle 47C full load. 4800's don't come in ADV variation so might not overclock aswell as ADV 4400's. SI-120 is pretty cool to the touch at full load so I know that its not getting too hot unlike my opty 144.
In addition to SI-120 fan I have a 120mm side panel fan(quiet) mixing external air directly onto HSF fan.

Not all cores are the same, some run cooler than others due to the imperfect lithographic process.

THE ADV's run cooler and at lower power at stock settings with the same volts as the ADA's. They are even packaged with the normal A64 HSF vs the X2 heatpiped HSF. ADV max operating temps are 71C vs 65C of ADA's. See link:

http://www.amdcompare.com/us-en/desktop/SideBySide.aspx?opn=ADA4400DAA6CD&opn=ADV4400DAA6CD

Might try and increase volts when I get a bit braver.

Last edited:
Associate
IS 1.525 a little high if the default is 1.35 ? my chip does 2.8 on 1.525 but i backed it off to 1.4 thought it was a bit high so now running at 2.6

Associate
OP
Hi all,

benchmarked second core for over two hours before got bored. Seems pretty stable with prime95. damn you core0!.

bench.jpg

My first core was still a little hotter than the second core during this test even though it wasn't used. Maybe the HSF seating is slightly off. Has anyone had any luck with reseating the HSF under these sort of circumstances to get more even heat dissipation?

Russ

Soldato
Got myself a Socket 939 X2 4400 the other day, steal at £146.92 :)

The stepping is CCBWE 0612 DPMW

I have it currently at 2.5Ghz @ 1.45V ... my friend has his at 2.65ghz @ 1.5V [Same Stepping]

Overall I am thoroughly impressed :) Temps are up a little bit, but under constant load it hits about 59C (Dual Prime95) with a Thermalright XP-120 + 7V Panaflo L1A 120mm Fan.

Just need to give it a few days more for the AS5 to settle in.

Also which hotfixes and patches did everyone use?

I simply used the AMD Dual Core optimizer program which added an extra command to the boot.ini

I didn't run the Microsoft Dual Core hotfix nor the registry edit, as it is I am not sure if I need to. So I was wondering if everyone else did.

Last edited:
Soldato
dC2006 said:
Was yours from ocuk aswell ? if so means pot luck if you end up with the 89w or 110w, dont wanna gamble :p

Ahhh ... I bought mine from a competitor, the CPU is a :

ADA4400CDBOX

Which corresponds to the 110W Version, also apparently (after trawling XS) the CCBWE's require high vcore for stable overclocks, and this I can definitely see. I have to run 1.45v for 2.5Ghz and my friend runs 1.5v (which overvolt by 0.05v)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Don't quote me on this as conclusive but after a bit of brief reading the CCBIE's seem to be ADV's and the CCBWE's seem to be ADA's

Russty

Soldato
russty said:
Don't quote me on this as conclusive but after a bit of brief reading the CCBIE's seem to be ADV's and the CCBWE's seem to be ADA's

Russty

You're correctamundo :) Bit dissapointed, wish I did a bit more research, but still they're lovely CPU's for the price, and have made a world of a difference. Between my friend and I we have over 300 DVD's we need to rip to our computers :) Dual Core is certainly helping

Associate
Psycho Sonny said:
theres no way he should be putting that many volts through an X2, my 4800 on 1.45V goes up to 62C on a big typhoon
hi Psycho Sonny
you should not be hitting such high temps with a typhoon my temp come out at 48c . but note i have the fan 1480 rpm.

Back
Top Bottom