Poll: OcUKGraphics Comp - Season One: Round Two - "Opposites" DISCUSSION

Whose competition entry do you prefer (read first post before voting)?

• mrdbristol

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Mr_L

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Retorted

• Sp00n

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • NaTe

• Nimzicki

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • MaxPower

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SamHandwich

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
OcUKGraphics Comp - Season One: Round Three - "Opposites" DISCUSSION

OcUKGraphics Comp - Season One: Round Three - "Opposites" DISCUSSION

This competition is open to everyone who wishes to enter.

Theme: Opposites

Chosen by: RandomTom

Closing date: 8:30 PM Sunday 20th August 2006

Please post all entries for the current competition in the ENTRIES thread and keep discussions in this thread.
DO NOT post any entries in this thread!

Judges: The winner will be decided by a poll.

RULES

Rules must be followed. Failure to follow one or more rules will result in disqualification from the current round.

1. One image per entrant (may be a montage).
  2. If a montage is entered, all aspects in the image will be judged on their relevance to each other as well as the theme.
  3. Images must be posted in or linked to this thread for consideration.
  4. Images must be 800pixels * 600pixels.
  5. Images may have an optional border.
  6. Images must be available for viewing in this thread until the competition winner has been announced.
  7. Images must be your own work unless posting on behalf of someone else. If this is the case it should be stated in your post.
  8. If three or more people suspect you of cheating or passing off someone else’s work as your own, then you will be disqualified.
  9. Artists retain full copyright to their entries, so you must contact them before using their entries.
  10. The winner of each round will choose the theme for the next round.
  11. The winner of a round can not enter the following round.
  12. The theme chosen should not be one used previously in this season
  13. The theme can stipulate a stock image and/or slogan to be used, but does not have to
  14. Entrants may or may not be notified of their disqualification before the deadline.
  15. The individual challenge wins are added up to create a season champion. Seasons consist of 9 weekly challenges.
  16. Any season tie breaks are decided by a 1 day mini challenge.
RECOMMENDATIONS

It is recommend that you use the following marking system when voting for your winner; -

1. Technical ( 1 - 10 )

• + Multiple Photoshop techniques used in conjunction well
  • + Consistant Lighting/Saturation/Contrast throughout the work.
  • + Good use of own and stock artwork.
  • + Appreciation for Rule of Thirds, Golden Mean and other photographic rules.
  • - Overuse of stock artwork
  • - Inconsistant Lighting/Saturation/Contrast.
  • - Visible lack of effort.
  • - Cliched techniques.
2.Theme Relevance ( 1 - 10 )

• + Good interpretation of the theme
  • + Originality
  • / Your image should represent the theme without further commentary.
3. Impact ( 1 - 10 )

• + WOW Factor!
  • + Overall ambience of the image.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ok, I've started this one off and tidied up the rules because of the decision to use a poll instead of judges. I've stuck with letting the previous winner choose the theme as well as leaving in the rule reguarding not letting the previous winner enter the next round. Personally I would like to see that changed, I don't know how any body else feels about it.

The finishing date has also been extended to a week on Sunday, this is mainly because of the slowness to get this weeks one up and running. If we get more entries because of the extended entry period, then it may be a good idea to keep it to two weeks.

Any other suggestions, ideas or critique are also welcome.

Edit: And the title should be round three, if a don would like to change it that would be nice. :)

Soldato
RandomTom said:
That's good, all sorted, are we having season totals btw? :)

Im going to enter this one <3

_attachments_shang_shamus_Arnold-Schwarzenegger.jpg

rofl im done \o/

Associate
it hurts so much :(

first time could have let me off :( plus some times i liek my images to have different proportions because it gives them a different effect. Maybe we could have a min and max size? or different proportions you can use? just an idea

Soldato
OP
Yeah it does say Round Two. But if you look in post two, you will notice a ninja edit that points this out. So... you're really very slow. ;)

Soldato
Come on people!!! Entries! :)

I'm away at work at the moment so I haven't been able to check the threads but it seems to be slowing down a bit for this! :)

edit: where's the entry thread???

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
There is not one because no one has said they want to make an entry.

I or anybody else can soon make one if that's what you want.

Soldato
people aren't going to make one if there's nowhere to put it?

I'm going to make one tonight in a spare half an hour, just wondered if this comp was still on :)

Soldato
OP
RandomTom said:
people aren't going to make one if there's nowhere to put it?
I don't see why not. The people who have seen the this thread will know the comp is on. IMO it shouldn't all be down to one person, I just kicked this one off because the people who started it before appear to have lost interest.
RandomTom said:
I'm going to make one tonight in a spare half an hour, just wondered if this comp was still on :)
And you can't enter. I mentioned this in post two, but no one seemed to pay any attention.

Me said:
I've stuck with letting the previous winner choose the theme as well as leaving in the rule reguarding not letting the previous winner enter the next round. Personally I would like to see that changed, I don't know how any body else feels about it.
Anyway, I've put the entries thread up now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom