OcUK's History....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Originally posted by harmz
ill be ur tour operator

"aaaaaaaaand if u care to look the left ladies and gentlemen you will see..........a stack of hard drives. SOOOOOOO are there any questions?"

:D i want a hour lunch break and a cold can of coke.

ta:D

There is no way i'll ever go on that Microsoft rollercoaster

Don
Nice read , the first time I visited I had to use the counter at Millenium and they referred to the blokes "in the back"

Visited many times since , only once managed to catch Spie at home but he still took over half an hour out to show me round both OcUK and the recently vacated unit which at the time was being used as Spie's personal garage , bikes and cars everywhere :D

Well done and thanks for telling the tale :)

Associate
Originally posted by Stax10
Sometimes you just gotta take a risk, I did & it's the best thing I ever did. No orders from anyone:D

Just dont expect to get instant results, it takes hard work and time.

Good luck if you go for it M8.;)

do you run a business not all that dissimilar to OCUK? ;)

Soldato
Nice to know the full story, i had picked up loads of bits an pieces, like what it was called before and bits and bobs about pete and that you were partners and then you bought him out.

Congratumalations on you fine achievements Mr Spie, and long may it continue, just make sure OcUK are still around when it's time to buy a new Pc :D

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Shimmyhill
out of interest - My 1st purchase was a 550 amd @ 750 - where in the history time line would that of been ??

AMD 550's would have been in the 2nd Millennium shop before Overclockers opened. Overclockers opened around the time of AMD 1ghzs processors.

Godfather
Godfather
Originally posted by dmpoole
AMD 550's would have been in the 2nd Millennium shop before Overclockers opened. Overclockers opened around the time of AMD 1ghzs processors.
Close. The 2nd shop was actually Overclockers although when we started selling modded K7's we were still trading within the legal framework of Millenium Computers. The full seperation happened in April 2000.

Soldato
An excellent read Mr Spie:) I never realised how close you came to losing OcUK:(
However I'm glad that everything has worked out and your enjoying the success and happiness, which is rightfully yours!

If you ever decide to open a OCUK Shop in Edinburgh I'll be more than happy to run it for you!;) I have been a customer of yours since the early K7 Days and will continue to be for a long time to come!

Another question for you: I thought Gibbo worked for you from the start and was one of the first OCUK/Millennium computer employee's... I have no idea why I always thought this, but am I right??

Tumbler^

Last edited:
Associate
Originally posted by Spie
Close. The 2nd shop was actually Overclockers although when we started selling modded K7's we were still trading within the legal framework of Millenium Computers. The full seperation happened in April 2000.

Flashback time ! See below -:

oc1.gif

oc2.gif

OcUK Staff
Originally posted by Tumbler^
Another question for you: I thought Gibbo worked for you from the start and was one of the first OCUK/Millennium computer employee's... I have no idea why I always thought this, but am I right??

Tumbler^

I won't give you the Gibbo life story in this thread, so later I will make a post of my own explaining how I began working for OcUK and how I have moved upwards within the business. :)

Soldato
Originally posted by Lostie
There's been two "major" events during OcUK's history, the first was when Spie bought out his former partner and assumed sole ownership of the business, the second most important event was when I joined the forums.

;)

The ups and downs of business eh? ;)

Soldato
Originally posted by Gibbo
I won't give you the Gibbo life story in this thread, so later I will make a post of my own explaining how I began working for OcUK and how I have moved upwards within the business. :)

Don't forget to tell us about the pink shirt and the air-line business ;) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom