OcUK's History....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
Originally posted by JAMAL
People can just use thier credit cards:confused:

Yep they can, but not all and not when you have a huge order....

It just covers every area, so people have a choice on how to finance their goods.

Man of Honour
The first week that Millennium opened I bought the brand new Teac SCSI 4x writer, Plextor SCSI 40x (or was it Ultraplex) and an Adaptec 2940 SCSI card (oh how I still wish for SCSI). They cost about £650.

Perhaps somebody can get a date on that info.

When Overclockers opened I'm sure that the biggest processor was around 1.2 to 1.4 ghz. I bought a 1 ghz in the first week it opened but it was about third down the list. It cost over £200.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Originally posted by Davies
FAO Mr Spie / Or anyone...

does anyone have any photos of ocuk.. outside and inside?

for some reason i want to see what it looks like.. :rolleyes:

2nd'd:)

Dog

Dog

Associate
Very Interesting read Mr Spie S'ah!

Always nice when someone really makes a go of something and it pays off!
Makes all those late nights/long days all worth while! :)

Im sure the company will continue to grow and I wish you every success for the future!

Rich

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Davies
FAO Mr Spie / Or anyone...

does anyone have any photos of ocuk.. outside and inside?

for some reason i want to see what it looks like.. :rolleyes:

Lets give you a mental picture. Overclockers Unit 40 is on a small business park called IMEX. You go up the middle which is like a tunnel and OC UK is just a door on the right like all the other doors.

Once inside you face the counter. The rooms about 16 ft square (you could easily play snooker without hitting the walls) with a few computers and cases on display on the right hand side. On the left side is a rack with cables etc. Behind the counter is a shelf with a few bits of hardware on it. A computer sits on the counter too.

As you open the door OC UK is unusual in that you can see whats going on behind a window. Theres about four people sitting there answering the phones. Spies office is situated to the right. The room is quite large and leads to a back room where I've only ever been in once when it first opened and Pete was showing me around. (I think all the orders are sent out of here and things are fixed etc). Theres also a big store room attached to the side of OCUK.

I could be hallucinating.

Soldato
you forgot there are two enclosed offices.

Mr Spie's and now Gibbos (i think), Mrs Proudfoot sits in between both as she is now the company general director thinga majig.

The techie room at the back is quite big, ive been shown in there by a technician once.

Also there is more than 4 cubicals behind the window, a bit further down there is some more.

Permabanned
ive only been their once, waited 2 hours for my computer to be looked at hehe :p
I did not stop getting asked about cup's of tea!
enjoyed them while I was waiting though :D
well done spie :cool:

Soldato
LOL i remember that website !

But now i remember, before that chip i had dual Celery's @ 500 -550 on a Abit board. Im sure they where from OCUK, certinally ordered from a website as i live no where near the Imex busines park !!

I think they where 300a or 366a or something, remember they had 2 fans per heatsink = 4 just on cpu's. They where not quiet either as i remember the other half telling me they had too go and thats when i got the 500@ 750.

Brings back memories *sniff*

Soldato
Originally posted by Spie
Watch this space, because I've not finished yet :cool:

Although at times ive caused you minor trouble on these boards, i feel that you've done a great job over the years, and now i know why 2001/2 wasnt always smooth when ordering and returning etc.

Great Job, with the improvements since 1999 (think that was my first order) :D Keep it up :)

Soldato
Originally posted by doopydug
If you can fund it yourself, then do it. The flipside is that sometimes difficulties can arise and it helps to have someone on board with as much vested interest as yourself to share the burden (assuming you can find a good un that is)

the problem with this, is if the one and only owner falls ill, the shop falls to its knees and gets closed down/sued........... :o :( :mad:

Soldato
Originally posted by Overlag
the problem with this, is if the one and only owner falls ill, the shop falls to its knees and gets closed down/sued........... :o :( :mad:

YES, but only if they are short sighted enough to not have illness- insurance or trusted members of staff to help out.

Soldato
We're very keen on cups of tea here :D

Originally posted by rst king
ive only been their once, waited 2 hours for my computer to be looked at hehe :p
I did not stop getting asked about cup's of tea!
enjoyed them while I was waiting though :D
well done spie :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom