Odd Soundcard issue

Soldato
I really do thank you for your help, honestly I am grateful. Sadly this is an issue that cannot be resolved

I tried to help best I could, for sure it's an odd issue. At least you tried everything you could to resolve, please keep the thread updated as i'm curious if it's the mother board that's causing the issue.

EDIT.

One final thing, did you ever disable the on-board audio in the BIOS, just in case that was causing some interrupt / conflict with the cards?

Associate
OP
I tried to help best I could, for sure it's an odd issue. At least you tried everything you could to resolve, please keep the thread updated as i'm curious if it's the mother board that's causing the issue.

EDIT.

One final thing, did you ever disable the on-board audio in the BIOS, just in case that was causing some interrupt / conflict with the cards?

You did and I really do appreciate the help :)

Yeah I disabled both the on-board VGA/Audio and LAN. Plus resetting BIOS and then finally updating the BIOS.

I'll let you know the outcome in a few weeks when the board returns to see if it resolves the issue.

Soldato
You did and I really do appreciate the help :)

Yeah I disabled both the on-board VGA/Audio and LAN. Plus resetting BIOS and then finally updating the BIOS.

I'll let you know the outcome in a few weeks when the board returns to see if it resolves the issue.

No problem, lets hope the new motherboard fix's the issue.

Associate
OP
Darn. I hope my issue doesn’t return. It was clearly a driver issue. On board soundcwas fine. It even started causing stutter in games and when watching steam videos. YouTube was fine bizarrely.

I think our issues are very different as no audio works properly for me. Windows Sounds, Test sounds, games, YouTube, music files etc.

There is no stutter neither that I've noticed.

So you should be okay

Back
Top Bottom