Off to sit in some refurbished Herman Miller Aerons this weekend - anything I should look for?

Associate
OP
Hi, I'm possibly going to buy a 2nd hand Aeron as I've found one quite cheap local to me and was wondering what the latest was with your situation?

I sold it in the end! Managed to sell it for the same amount I paid for it fortunately (very quickly too). Opted for an IKEA Markus in the end and apart from the lack of adjustable armrests I'm very happy with it.

Absolutely loved the Aeron's back support but my butt pain never went away; I have a feeling it's probably due to me being too big for a size B (I'm a 6ft1 powerlifter build).

My advice would be if you can find it for a good price, give it a go. If I was able to sell it easily (I live in a small town in the South West) I imagine most could. If it works out for you then that's great, if it doesn't you'll be able to pass it on easily (as long as you don't soil it!).

I've started putting a saving pot towards something like an HM Embody / Steelcase Gesture in the mean time. If the Markus doesn't work out then maybe I'll stomach buying a 1k chair.

Hope my ramblings help.

Soldato
Absolutely loved the Aeron's back support but my butt pain never went away; I have a feeling it's probably due to me being too big for a size B (I'm a 6ft1 powerlifter build).

My advice would be if you can find it for a good price, give it a go. If I was able to sell it easily (I live in a small town in the South West) I imagine most could. If it works out for you then that's great, if it doesn't you'll be able to pass it on easily (as long as you don't soil it!).

Yeah, I'm about 6'4" and 100kg. I sat in a B size in John Lewis once, decided I wanted one but the moment I sat in a C realised the B was too small. I've had my C for well over 10 years now and it's the comfiest chair I've ever owned. I sit in it for hours nearly every day and if ever I've got back ache or some other complaint, it's my go to chair despite owning some very comfortable lounge furniture.

My only complaint about it is that the arms are quite hard to get out of the way when I want to play guitar whilst sat in it :)

Associate
For my Aeron (classic size B) I had to replace the lumbar support with posturefit to make it comfortable.

I have noticed that the arms slowly sink over time - maybe time to look at the remastered.

Soldato
I am borrowing an Aeron this week which was purchased brand new and I don't rate it over my refurbished Humanscale Freedom. Neither chair is amazing so I'm still on the lookout for one that is comfortable. I'm glad I haven't had to fork out full price for mine, and that I got to try this out to satisfy the curiosity.

Back
Top Bottom