*** Offers & Bargains, all Consoles ***

Soldato
kmetek;30485539 said:
why dishnored 2 on psn when retail at shopto limited cheaper? :D

Erm. Because the price really doesn't bother me ? And I don't have to faff about with discs ? And I don't have to listen to my drive spin up every time I boot the PS4 ? Etc etc.

I could have got it from amazon for £19 less vat. But chose not to. :)

Soldato
ic1male;30485936 said:
I'd love to see your face when they do eventually do that. :p

A long time in the future. Still loads of people who don't particularly want their console online and still people with poor/metered connections which makes constant downloading impossible.

Soldato
stoofa;30486622 said:
A long time in the future. Still loads of people who don't particularly want their console online and still people with poor/metered connections which makes constant downloading impossible.

In which case they'll sell an external optical drive. CDs were made redundant in the PC world for the majority of people a long time ago and consoles aren't too different.

Soldato
Different enough.
PC's are connected to the internet, not all consoles are.
It would be a suicidal move from any console manufacturer to remove the option for physical media.

Soldato
stoofa;30486936 said:
Different enough.
PC's are connected to the internet, not all consoles are.
It would be a suicidal move from any console manufacturer to remove the option for physical media.

PC's are connected to the internet?

Thats silly talk, maybe for serious gamers but not for your average Joe Bloggs who might have a tight bandwidth connection, Mifi with limited data allowances or no internet at all.

Even then not everyone can afford beefy fibre optic broadband with unlimited data allowances. Its silly to say how PC and consoles are not comparable in that aspect.

Soldato
Russinating;30486904 said:
In which case they'll sell an external optical drive. CDs were made redundant in the PC world for the majority of people a long time ago and consoles aren't too different.

The big difference is that consoles still have huge retail presence whereas the space reserved for PC gaming was already diminishing when Steam etc. became popular.

Soldato
JoeBoi;30487626 said:
PC's are connected to the internet?

Thats silly talk, maybe for serious gamers but not for your average Joe Bloggs who might have a tight bandwidth connection, Mifi with limited data allowances or no internet at all.

Even then not everyone can afford beefy fibre optic broadband with unlimited data allowances. Its silly to say how PC and consoles are not comparable in that aspect.

Not really. Every household has a PC and the majority of those will be online. They will be used for games, banking and everything else online - things that people will never do on a console.
Consoles however are sat in a corner, often purchased by mum & dad for the kids who won't be going online to play games and will only be using the disks purchased for them or they save up for.

Totally different online presence between PC's and Consoles because they have a totally different role in life

Associate
Picked up The Witcher 3 GOTY from the Playstation store for £21.50 from what I have heard about this game this sounds like a bargain. I imagine this will keep me busy for a while!

Associate
Tons of great Xbox One S console bundle going around right now. I'm so very tempted, especially since I've bought a new 4k (HDR) TV for the living room and I already have a spare Xbox One S controller I'm using on PC. A few of them even have digital cross-buy games, i.e. you own those games on your PC too, if you want to brave the Windows 10 store.

500GB Xbox One S with Gears of War 4 and Halo 5 - £229.99 from Microsoft Store
500GB Xbox One S with Battlefield 1 (Digital), Gears of War 4 and For Honour - £249.99 from Game.co.uk
1TB Xbox One S with Forza Horizon 3 (Digital Cross-buy) and Halo Wars 2 - £259.99 from Microsoft Store
1TB Xbox One S with Gears of War 4 and Halo 5 - £259.99 from Microsoft Store
1TB Xbox One S with Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition (Digital Cross-buy), Gears of War 4 and Rise of the Tomb Raider - £299.99 from Game.co.uk

PS4 console deals aren't nearly as good at the moment, makes me glad for already owning one. But games on the other hand...

Division Limited Edition PS4 - £19.99 from Game.co.uk
Doom with UAC Pack PS4 - £14.99 from Game.co.uk
God Eater 2 Rage Burst (Includes God Eater 1) PS4 - £24.99 at Gameseek.co.uk (the same place that did the crazy £199 Nintendo Switch deal)
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (claims to be day 1 edition?) PS4 - £14.85 at Base.com
Uncharted 4 PS4 - £20.85 at Base.com
Street Fighter 5 PS4 - £14.99 at Amazon.co.uk

I must apologise, but once agin nothing for Nintendo fans, since Nintendo are stingy ******** who never put their games/consoles on sale. Funny thing is, many of the XB1 deals above are way cheaper than pre-ordering a Nintendo Switch (though to be fair, it's the usual early-bird price hikes) and you get more for your money (unless you want portability), fancy that eh?

Associate
If you spend £50 in march on the PSN store you get a £10 wallet voucher free in april. It doesn't have to be in one transaction either. Don't forget CDKeys do cheap credit for even more savings. You can get £50 for around £46 and £35 for £30.30 (with 5% off code).

Anyone after Mass Effect or Zero Dawn can get it even cheaper now.

Associate
Hey all PS4 owners,

PSN Store has Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour for £7.99 at the moment, bargain price and has 19 venues to play at too

Soldato
So, I officially see Game as pointless now. Went in to trade in Until Dawn and found out they no longer price match.
They offered me £7 store credit vs £8 cash at their competitor. I think I'll be getting cash and buying at the Rainforest site a lot more now.

Back
Top Bottom