• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*OFFICAL* 9600GT Thread

Soldato
Its made for those people with a short budget, who want a cool, quiet and environmentally friendly graphics card.

And from the reviews Ive seen, a lot of the time it out performs the GT so I don't know what people are talking about

Soldato
Its made for those people with a short budget, who want a cool, quiet and environmentally friendly graphics card.

And from the reviews Ive seen, a lot of the time it out performs the GT so I don't know what people are talking about

By about 2fps, I rekon it could be due to its higher clocks, look at the above, seems shader heavy games the GT wins over which it should.

Soldato
Im really totally lost on what to buy. I dont want an 8800GT as its been out a few months and has already been replaced but I want a card for around £150 which will last me a good while, is cool, quiet and dosnt use much power

I had an order placed for an ATI 3850Pro (HIS) but they ran out of stock before they could ship mine (OcUK) which was perfect for me I think

Permabanned
Im really totally lost on what to buy. I dont want an 8800GT as its been out a few months and has already been replaced but I want a card for around £150 which will last me a good while, is cool, quiet and dosnt use much power

I had an order placed for an ATI 3850Pro (HIS) but they ran out of stock before they could ship mine (OcUK) which was perfect for me I think

i am in the exact same postion m8 i have around the same cash to spend and i have no clue what to buy 8800GT, 8800GS, 9600GT, 3870XT, 3850 :confused: :(

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
The 9600GT is a superb card card going by the reviews, it matches and in some games beats the 3870, when it comes to AA/AF the 3870 is ripped apart by the GT, get the cheapest one you can find and clock it, absolute bargain.

Last edited:
Soldato
Considering selling my HD 3850 Pro 512MB and getting one of these.

I don't like the constant drop to 15fps in Oblivion. :(

It's weird, it runs at about 60-70fps on average, but drops way down when I load a new area. It's annoying as hell.

Permabanned
If anyone could help us, it would be appreciated :p

EDIT: Im taking the plunge and going for this http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-165-SP&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=416

Google for some reviews - as I had a HD2900XT this is why this card appeals to me

im going for an EVGA 8800GS + EK fullcover waterblock (if it fits), more shaders appeal to me over the 9600 cause i can clock it to the same speeds if not more making it better in a shader intensive game

edit: well maybe not cause the block doesnt fit :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
Edit by Gibbo:- I made it very clear that any future price hints would recieve a free Holiday so consider you wish granted!

Was this infractions of Mavs related to competitors, or are we being told we can't actually make predictions about what the price will be in a few weeks time, even if its at OCUK? :confused:

Associate
Was this infractions of Mavs related to competitors, or are we being told we can't actually make predictions about what the price will be in a few weeks time, even if its at OCUK? :confused:

worrying if its the latter. Edit: Thanks for the clarification JediFragger.

I think we're looking at...

3850 Pro
8800 GS
9600 GT
3870 XT
8800 GT
8800 GTS 512
3870 X2
8800 GTX/Ultra

as the slowest to fastest enthusiast cards (at standard clocks).

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom