Office 365 Admin

Associate
Hi guys,

As an IT person looking after multiple businesses is there a way you can create one office 365 admin account to login to view and edit the businesses you look after in terms of the software/email licenses and renewals?

Other option is each company has there own admin account for office 365.

Thank you

Soldato
Why would you want to?

You are putting all of those businesses at risk by linking management of them to a single account.

I've dealt with businesses who have had their admin accounts hijacked, it's not pretty.

Soldato
Hi guys,

As an IT person looking after multiple businesses is there a way you can create one office 365 admin account to login to view and edit the businesses you look after in terms of the software/email licenses and renewals?

Other option is each company has there own admin account for office 365.

Thank you

If you are registered as a Microsoft Partner you can create a partner portal to manage them all from. Customer just needs to follow a link you send them and accept you then you can just login to the partner centre from your Office 365 account and access everyone's consoles.

Permabanned
As above you could become a partner. I work for a company that offers products. We can log in with a global admin to manage all tennants but also each tennent can manage their own company within their portal.

Try some company like Tech Data. I'll give you a head start.

Associate
OP
As above you could become a partner. I work for a company that offers products. We can log in with a global admin to manage all tennants but also each tennent can manage their own company within their portal.

Try some company like Tech Data. I'll give you a head start.

Thank you. I've used them before for another company I worked for years ago. Not sure if it's the same but you had to be VAT registered to use them

Associate
OP
Then in that case you might be stuck with having to log into each portal manually to manage the company, without having a partner to work along side.

Probably best for now. Trouble I have is a business currently uses a Microsoft partner by the sounds of it and wants to use me (not to happy with there IT support). Meaning they will need be transferred to direct billing and have there own standalone admin account. Not sure if ile need to mess with text records or not as effectively they are still using Microsoft for there emails etc. As they are with a Microsoft partner at the minute I'm not sure how much control they have and if they can just release that and go direct to Microsoft?

Permabanned
Probably best for now. Trouble I have is a business currently uses a Microsoft partner by the sounds of it and wants to use me (not to happy with there IT support). Meaning they will need be transferred to direct billing and have there own standalone admin account. Not sure if ile need to mess with text records or not as effectively they are still using Microsoft for there emails etc. As they are with a Microsoft partner at the minute I'm not sure how much control they have and if they can just release that and go direct to Microsoft?

Is this a new customer for you? Are they wanting to move over to you from their current involvement with the partner? completely cutting them out?

Permabanned
Yes, a new customer to me. They are wanting to use me for there support and leave there current provider/MS partner.

They would need to ask their current microsoft partner about leaving them.

Where I work we haven't had to onboard anyone as of yet from another partner but I have heard that MSPs/Partners are sometimes refusing the migration unless their contracts up (if they are in one). I have also heard of places where they just let them go as long as they are up to date with their bills, however they don't assist with documentation or migrations but allow the new partner/msp to log in and take over themselves with migration.

This could get messy....

Associate
OP
They would need to ask their current microsoft partner about leaving them.

Where I work we haven't had to onboard anyone as of yet from another partner but I have heard that MSPs/Partners are sometimes refusing the migration unless their contracts up (if they are in one). I have also heard of places where they just let them go as long as they are up to date with their bills, however they don't assist with documentation or migrations but allow the new partner/msp to log in and take over themselves with migration.

This could get messy....
I'm going over to have a look in a few days. The company who want to use me seem to have all the correct logins etc so ile double check exactly what's going on. They've been asked to create email addresses such as support@ and the IT support company didn't actually know how to put it onto there computer? May even be a case where they stick to them for office365 and just use me for on going problems on a ad hoc basis providing they aren't under contract.

Permabanned
I'm going over to have a look in a few days. The company who want to use me seem to have all the correct logins etc so ile double check exactly what's going on. They've been asked to create email addresses such as support@ and the IT support company didn't actually know how to put it onto there computer? May even be a case where they stick to them for office365 and just use me for on going problems on a ad hoc basis providing they aren't under contract.

I would be very tempted for your self to do a "pay per ticket successfully resolved" case scenario and leave it where it is. Let them have the contract with them but you do the support as long as you have the logins you will be fine from that side.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I would be very tempted for your self to do a "pay per ticket successfully resolved" case scenario and leave it where it is. Let them have the contract with them but you do the support as long as you have the logins you will be fine from that side.
It looks like they are going to cancel the partner licenses and just pay Microsoft direct going forward.

Associate
OP

I did mention possibly staying with them for licenses then use myself for on-going support/physical issues. I'm local as well, the other company seem quite far away.

The previous IT company have said they will guide them through paying direct. I know they have email accounts as well with office 365 so i'm not sure it's going to be as simple as just updating there payment option?

Back
Top Bottom