Office Chair vs. Gaming Chair

Associate
I've been looking at the Steelcase Please V2 with the headrest, seems to have everything I want in a chair, and by that I mean has a headrest. Bought a cheap £100 off Amazon and it's just not very comfy.

Man of Honour
Out with the old:

IMG-2874.jpg

And in with the new:

IMG-2873.jpg

(cables are being sorted soon)

The Noble will go up on Facebook market place, even if I get £30 I'll be happy as I've found it quite frankly horrible to sit on. I've only been in the Mirra 2 for a few hours now and I can already feel improvements. I'm actually astonished with the difference. To be fair though, the Mirra 2 was £700+ and I think the Noble cost me £200.

Man of Honour
I am returning the Mirra 2, although it is a vast improvement on the Noble, I don't get on with the hard edges around the edge of the seat and I find the seat base too firm. I've ordered an Orangebox Do so I'll have to see how I get on with that.

Caporegime
I am returning the Mirra 2, although it is a vast improvement on the Noble, I don't get on with the hard edges around the edge of the seat and I find the seat base too firm. I've ordered an Orangebox Do so I'll have to see how I get on with that.
Get a Giroflex 64 dude... they are super comfortable and can be had used for less than £150...

Man of Honour
I saw that site yesterday, I found quite a cheap Orange Do chair so I was going to give them a go after reading some reviews on the shop itself.

I might buy both and keep a cover on them for a day or so and see which I prefer and return the other.

Herman Miller took a while to get back to me but have arranged a return no questions asked - good CS there, the delays are understandable due to Covid etc.

Soldato
Get a Giroflex 64 dude... they are super comfortable and can be had used for less than £150...
Are they really that comfortable? damn, they certainly don't look the best hah.
I am in the market for a new chair, currently using a 10yr old Markus that needs to be replaced.

I may give one of these Giroflex ones a go, worst case I just return it I guess!

EDIT; Found a local place that has the G64 and the Orangebox Do thats been mentioned also for really good prices, may try and see if I can go and try them.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Are they really that comfortable? damn, they certainly don't look the best hah.
I am in the market for a new chair, currently using a 10yr old Markus that needs to be replaced.

I may give one of these Giroflex ones a go, worst case I just return it I guess!

EDIT; Found a local place that has the G64 and the Orangebox Do thats been mentioned also for really good prices, may try and see if I can go and try them.
Yes man they really are that comfortable... and I don't think they look too bad! :D Adjustability is really good and the cushion is very comfortable. Mine (Giroflex 64 3578) has a little extra padding I think over the base model.

Definitely try one and if you get one make sure it has at least 3D armrests, preferably 4D. :)

Soldato
Yes man they really are that comfortable... and I don't think they look too bad! :D Adjustability is really good and the cushion is very comfortable. Mine (Giroflex 64 3578) has a little extra padding I think over the base model.

Definitely try one and if you get one make sure it has at least 3D armrests, preferably 4D. :)
Cheers mate, will take a look around.
@Richdog , just pinged you a trust to ask a question!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Cheers mate, will take a look around.
@Richdog , just pinged you a trust to ask a question!
The answer is yes... if the arms are height AND swivel adjustable then they are 3D arms. Definitions for the adjustable arms are:

2D = Height (up and down)
3D = Height and swivel (rotate inwards and outwards)
4D = Height and swivel and depth (can be moved sideways closer to or further from the body)

Hope that helps. :)

Soldato
The answer is yes... if the arms are height AND swivel adjustable then they are 3D arms. Definitions for the adjustable arms are:

2D = Height (up and down)
3D = Height and swivel (rotate inwards and outwards)
4D = Height and swivel and depth (can be moved sideways closer to or further from the body)

Hope that helps. :)
Cheers mate, I think I have found a bit of a bargain, someone is selling a lot of them. Looking at this image, https://ibb.co/BL28zSs it looks like they are the 3d?

Caporegime
Sorry mate, I couldn't remember what link I had sent you on the trust email hah! Cheers again.
No worries, for the price of them on the used market I don't think you can go far wrong considering how much they cost new! The brand awareness among the unwashed masses isn't strong in the UK, whereas in Europe most people know how good they are. Report back if you try one! :)

Associate

Try a Steelcase Gesture - I have one and it's great for long periods of sitting on your ass lol

Soldato
I work for organisation with 10000+ employees and I am part of moves & accommodation team. During my 15 years we have trialed, purchased and used hundreds of different chairs. From Herman Miller, Boss Design to Posturite.
The most wanted/requested/sought after office chair even up to this day is "Orangebox Do" chair. I found it to be the most comfortable office chair I ever used too. I own one and game on it too.
The most requested to be swapped by something else is Herman Miller Aeron. Large, bulky and most uncomfortable so far.
EDIT: Nearly forgot about Herman Miller Mirra which is in same situation as Aeron. People constantly asking them to be swapped with something else.

The Steelcase Leap v2 is my perfect chair, but the fact the headrest is so bad kills it for me. The main + about the Leap beyond the comfort is just how back it can recline, which is great for gaming.

How does the Orangebox Do fare in this regard? The headrest looks better, for a start.

Back
Top Bottom