Poll: Official 2023 Dutch Grand Prix Thread - Circuit Zandvoort - Round 14

Rate the Dutch race

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Yuki's been given a 3 place grid penalty for impeding Lewis

Tsunoda was on the dry racing line at the exit of Turn 13 preparing for his fast lap andhad not fully come up to speed and therefore impeded Hamilton. Tsunoda explainedthat he had been passed by another car and decided to remain slow in order to regainhis gap. In the opinion of the Stewards Tsunoda clearly had the ability to stay off theline and therefore this impeding was unnecessary.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yuki's been given a 3 place grid penalty for impeding Lewis

Given Lewis missed Q3 by less than a tenth, he probably cost Lewis his Q3 place with that.

Kind of bizarre to me that Yuki's infringement gets a grid drop and penalty points, but Sainz's IMO much more dangerous move on Piastri just gets a reprimand and a team fine.

Associate
Norris looking good again, getting that car to places it may not deserve again.

Piastri 8th, bit meh, but still better than Riccardo would have achieved.

There was someone in another f1 thread that said Norris wasn't a future champion and piastri was .... It's piastris first season so I'll give him some slack, but so far that's not looking like the case.

Certainly not like when Lewis entered f1 he was right on it neck and neck for Alonso

Soldato
Weather forecast for today looks hideous. Prepare for lots of waiting around followed by 29 laps following the safety on full wets, only for everyone to put when it eventually comes in to change to inters, followed by a red flag after Lawson bins it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Piastri 8th, bit meh, but still better than Riccardo would have achieved.

Piastri and Norris were trading who was fastest all session. Unlucky for Oscar that he didn't nail the lap when it mattered.

Certainly not like when Lewis entered f1 he was right on it neck and neck for Alonso

Lewis did thousands of laps in testing prior to the season start. Rookies don't get that luxury anymore and with the shorter practice sessions they are getting less time than ever to get up to speed. Not really a fair comparison.

Soldato
Weather forecast for today looks hideous. Prepare for lots of waiting around followed by 29 laps following the safety on full wets, only for everyone to put when it eventually comes in to change to inters, followed by a red flag after Lawson bins it.

Thankfully for this race the race director said anyone can put on inters instead of wets to avoid a mad dash into the pits.

But yes, would be worth a bet on Lawson binning it :p

Last edited:
Associate
The forecast seems to be different depending on where you look. Quite a few seem to think it'll clear from 1400-1500 local time onwards so I'm hopeful. Less so for the F2

Associate
Bit of a crazy start in F2, it showered slightly before the start so they got scared and did a rolling start on slicks. This meant they all got into T1 going a lot faster and numerous drivers got caught out on the damp track.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't :cry:

Associate
I'd say that's potentially more a defect on the captive wheel nuts / incorrect installation to the rear wheel. Rather than a pit stop error.

For it to happen to one wheel in a pit stop, sure maybe a mechanic didn't torque it up right. But for it to happen to 2 wheels and both the rears?

Definitely more to it.

Caporegime
I didn't see the mechanic on the left, but the one of the right distinctly raised his hand to indicate it was attached. I dunno, could be an error from rushing after stacking the two cars but it's a very weird event. Mind you, there went plenty of clown show tyre attaching events in F2 last year so...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom