Poll: Official 2024 Austrian Grand Prix Race Thread - Red Bull Ring, Spielberg - Race 11/24

Rate the Austrian race out of ten

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• I’m not voting, I just want to see the result.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Man of Honour
FIA Stewards - Turn 3 incident involving Hulkenberg and Alonso will be investigated after the sprint - Forcing another driver off the track

Soldato
Edit - I think McLaren missed a trick by allowing their drivers to race, rather than working together.
Norris is second in the WDC right? I wonder if or when they might start giving team orders. Piastri definitely didn’t help Lando’s race. Lando has the pace (just) and seniority tbh..

Also, I was just saying to my other half that there no point going round the outside of Max as he’ll just push you off. 3 seconds later Lando goes for the lunge, quite correctly. Shame he couldn’t make it stick.

Last edited:
Soldato
Norris is second in the WDC right? I wonder if or when they might start giving team orders. Piastri definitely didn’t help Lando’s race. Lando has the pace (just) and seniority tbh..

Also, I was just saying to my other half that there no point going round the outside of Max as he’ll just push you off. 3 seconds later Lando goes for the lunge, quite correctly. Shame he couldn’t make it stick.
Lando and Max are very good mates off track. He might run Lando close to the gravel, but he won’t Hamilton him.

Associate
A bit annoyinh that Lando looked like he was trying to win and Piastri looked like he was racing for second.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
A bit annoyinh that Lando looked like he was trying to win and Piastri looked like he was racing for second.

Then Lando should have overtaken him.

I can't keep up, where are we in the "OcUK Motorsport Forum Cycle Of 'Team Orders - Good Or Bad'™"? We're back on them being good now that it could help a Brit again, yeah? ;)

Soldato
I can't keep up, where are we in the "OcUK Motorsport Forum Cycle Of 'Team Orders - Good Or Bad'™"? We're back on them being good now that it could help a Brit again, yeah? ;)
I think we’re in the stage of if it helps anyone beat Verstappen then go for it.

Associate
They were never going to give team orders for the sake of 1 single point, maybe if it was squeeky bum time near the end of the season and he was still in with a shout but not with the points situation as it currently is.

Last edited:
Soldato
Lando and Max are very good mates off track. He might run Lando close to the gravel, but he won’t Hamilton him.
It was a pretty standard race scenario, but I guess since it’s Max people will lose their minds.

Let’s no forget that Lewis literally hit Sainz and pushed him wide in Spain last week.

Back
Top Bottom