Poll: Official 2024 Chinese Grand Prix Race Thread - Shanghai International Circuit - Race 5/24

Rate the China race out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Looks like Aston are protesting the quali result based on article 39.6.

“Any driver whose car stops on the track during the qualifying session or the sprint qualifying session shootout will not be permitted to take any further part in that session.”

Soldato
F! must be losing so much advertising revenue with all the predictable races.

Are there reliable viewing figures anywhere?

Odds on Max winning 1.13 : 1
2nd fave Perez at 20 : 1

That's about as one sided as it gets.

Caporegime
Christ though I'm struggling listening to Nico Rosberg, he doesn't half talk a load of crap

Can't stand him. He went on and on about Lewis not fighting Max but why would Hamilton bother/risk it? Lewis' one goal in the race should have been P2. Risking fighting Max and getting damage or losing time to those behind would have been an immensely stupid thing to do. Letting him by where he did also meant he could get DRS on the start/finish straight.

Lewis rightly knew he had ZERO chance against Max in that RB.

Was insane watching Lewis' onboard through the first few turns after Max got by him..the rear end stability/traction on that RB is insane.

Caporegime
Good to see Lewis rolling out the same old excuses for his poor performance.

I'm a fan of his, but even I'm getting tired of hearing about changing setups causing his qualy issues.

Dude, just stop messing about with the car and do better.

He did really well in the sprint though. Great start and good pace to keep 2nd. His qualy is leaving a lot to be desired though at the moment.

Caporegime
Really disappointed in Lando today. Really rubbish start and fighting with Lewis. He should have recognised Lewis had him off the line and tried to fight back later or secure a podium position.

He went far too fast and wide into the first corner to try and stay alongside Lewis for the next corner. I wasn't surprised he didn't make it and went off the track.

Last edited:
Soldato
Merc is no where so why would they settle for 7th and 8th when they can instead try stuff and see if they can unlock some speed. They will at worst end up 7th and 8th anyway and have no chance of winning currently.

Man of Honour
OP
Looks like Aston are protesting the quali result based on article 39.6.

“Any driver whose car stops on the track during the qualifying session or the sprint qualifying session shootout will not be permitted to take any further part in that session.”

Frankly its one of the rules Indycar have that I'd bring into F1; if you cause a red flag your qualifying times are deleted and that's it your out

Caporegime
Merc is no where so why would they settle for 7th and 8th when they can instead try stuff and see if they can unlock some speed. They will at worst end up 7th and 8th anyway and have no chance of winning currently.

True. However, these set up changes never ever seem to bear any fruit.

Therefore really they should just try and get that 7th and 8th or maybe even a 5th or 6th.

Lewis only got 2nd in the sprint as it was a short race. A good qualy and a good start being even more important for the sprint, which he managed to do. I have no doubts that if it was a full grand Prix , Perez, the Ferraris and McLaren's would have got him in the end.

In their heads they still seem to think some magic setup spec is going to help them. It won't. The car is just a dog and the worst one (comparatively) they have made so far in the ground effect era. They seem solidly the 4th fastest car, and maybe even 5th after Aston sometimes.

Last edited:
Soldato
I saw an interview with Vowles and he was talking a little bit about Lewis.
Comparing Lewis to other drivers, by the time Lewis had done his 2nd practice lap he had tinkered with every setting on the wheel which was a nightmare from a data perspective, but it seems that is just what Lewis does, tries to extract everything he can from the car, and now that they are nowhere I guess this applies even more as he is just desperate to get further up the grid.

Soldato
I like the China circuit, shame it plays to the strengths of the RB so much. Noticed in the sprint race one the Ferraris try to overtake Max on the long straight and even with DRS and a good slipstream couldn't get past.

Associate
I like the China circuit, shame it plays to the strengths of the RB so much. Noticed in the sprint race one the Ferraris try to overtake Max on the long straight and even with DRS and a good slipstream couldn't get past.
Plus Max had battery issues, and the ferrari still couldn't get past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom