Poll: Official 2024 Chinese Grand Prix Race Thread - Shanghai International Circuit - Race 5/24

Rate the China race out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I reckon last year and this year (which is looking even worse than last year) are probably the most boring/1 driver dominating seasons I can remember. It will be worse than the Schumacher/Hamilton years if the same happens next season too.

I really hope RB put a better driver in that 2nd seat next year.

Last edited:
Don
I disagree with this season being the most boring. Ignoring verstappen then it's possibly one of the closest fought seasons with Ferrari, McLaren and Aston Martin all having close battles.

Again if you ignore Max today, then the sprint race had a few decent battles, and qualifying was fairly close with the 2nd and 3rd spots being contested right until the last second.

Soldato
I reckon last year and this year (which is looking even worse than last year) are probably the most boring/1 driver dominating seasons I can remember. It will be worse than the Schumacher/Hamilton years if the same happens next season too.

I really hope RB put a better driver in that 2nd seat next year.

Agreed, and the stats back it up :p I also can't see anything but the same again next year, the RB is still far ahead of whatever the 2nd best car of the day is.

They won't get a better driver than Perez in, best would be Ricciardo being told explicitly he's there as a number two, but all that means is RB is more likely to get a clean sweep of 1-2's. For them a 'poor' second driver is a decision rather than a mistake.

I disagree with this season being the most boring. Ignoring verstappen then it's possibly one of the closest fought seasons with Ferrari, McLaren and Aston Martin all having close battles.

Again if you ignore Max today, then the sprint race had a few decent battles, and qualifying was fairly close with the 2nd and 3rd spots being contested right until the last second.

Cause people watch sport to see who gets 2nd place :cry:

Or even 3rd, given the RB is so good Perez can actually manage to get 2nd!

Last edited:
Caporegime

Yeh, if you ignore the winner it's ok.

Soldato
If you only ever watch to see the winner, then that makes almost every race boring. Even during the do called glory days then the majority of races were decided in the first corner

Whilst these days races are decided weeks in advance...

We all knew Max was winning both Sprint and full Race before the weekend started. And he'll win the next race. And the race after that.

It was/is boring when the race is decided in the first corner, it's even more boring when the race is decided before the weekend starts.

Soldato
If you only ever watch to see the winner, then that makes almost every race boring. Even during the do called glory days then the majority of races were decided in the first corner
I think you might be missing a crucial thing, the races may have been decided on the first corner, but as a of fan of X driver there was a chance a clever strategy might change that or driver pulled an amazing over take.

Last 2 seasons, excluding breakdowns Max has won, Perez isn’t going to get a sniff. Can’t knock Max or Redbull credit to them (that hurts :p ) but the point still remains it's pretty boring at the moment without anyone to challenge Max. :(

Associate
I think the lack of competition between the 2 drivers in the best car adds to the predicatbility - not a new problem, but the gap between Max and Perez is very wide.
The budget cap has meant that if you get it wrong, there's not a lot you can do about it - can't throw money at the problem. I do think the cap was needed, but it has added to the issue.
The reliability of the cars is amazing, it's taken away an element that sometimes gives us a suprise result, obviuosly still the odd DNF.
Rain really adds excitement to a race weekend, hoever how often do we see the race red flagged and then restarted under the safety car until a dry line develops and then a boring race because no one can move off the dry line so they all just follow each other.

Caporegime

Yeah i agree.
If you deleted verstappen it would be quite exciting.
That's what you have to do. Just pretend verstappen isn't there.

Caporegime
I did perfer when nico and Lewis were in merc. The race for 1st was great. So It would be great if perez was replaced.
But without pressure from any other teams there's no point.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thats how I feel when hes on screen.

Can hardly believe he's Skys replacement Brundle, not sure I can take 90 mins of his commentary as well.
He is atrocious. Even basic things like speaking to JPM on the grid and had to be told to put a mic in front of him. Plus his commentary skills are terrible.

Rather have Alex Brundle step up to cover his dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom