Poll: Official 2024 Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix Race Thread - Autodromo Enzo E Dino Ferrari - Race 7/24

Rate the Emilia-Romagna race

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
What did people think to Russell asking if he would be allowed back in front of Lewis after his pitstop? Why would Lewis slow down and wait for him just because George didn't manage his tyres?

It's a none event worrying who is 7th and 6th unless you are contending for your job or the championship, where as an extra 1 point for fastest lap could change the literal fortunes of Mercedes at the end of the season.

Soldato
It's a none event worrying who is 7th and 6th unless you are contending for your job or the championship, where as an extra 1 point for fastest lap could change the literal fortunes of Mercedes at the end of the season.
Exactly. Its 6th and 7th vs 6th and 7th +1 extra point. (Which they probably want to cement 4th best team. Which is a pretty sad state of affairs compared to their recent success.)

Soldato
So George got 7 points to Lewis’s 8? Whereas he would have got 8 compared to Lewis’s 6 had they stayed as is? Am I math’ing right? :p

I mean to be fair to Russell, you’d still ask the question, and there wasn’t anything stopping Hamilton completely slowing up to let him past was there?

Caporegime
Just saw this and genuinely lol'd

Screenshot-20240519-233228-2.png

Last edited:
Don
Poll added (2nd time lucky :D)

5/10 from me.

Absolutely snoozefest until the final laps, but never thought that there was any danger of Norris winning this one. Even though he caught Max, there's no guarantee that he could have passed him

Last edited:
Soldato
Missed the race, stopped at GF's dad on the way back from gym and we ended up having few drinks in the garden, sounds like it was a good choice. Not voting as only watched the short YouTube highlights, didn't seem like there was a lot going on.

Soldato
Snoozefest of a track/race , apart from an outside chance towards the end of Lando catching Max, that was another dreadful "spectacle"

Off to the next race - and again, another dreadful pointless track for "racing"

Caporegime
So George got 7 points to Lewis’s 8? Whereas he would have got 8 compared to Lewis’s 6 had they stayed as is? Am I math’ing right? :p

I mean to be fair to Russell, you’d still ask the question, and there wasn’t anything stopping Hamilton completely slowing up to let him past was there?

Not so sure. It looked incredibly likely that Lewis was going to pass George. The lap time delta was getting crazy. So pitting him so he could get an extra point for the fastest lap actually did George a favour.

It would have been unfair on Lewis for just being faster if Lewis had to let George back by. Lewis shouldn't really be made to sacrifice his position just because George completely cooked his tyres. It isnt like either of them are going to come anywhere beyond 6th in the championship in that car this year (at best probably) so there is no reason for team orders to help a particular driver.

Last edited:
Soldato
I saw the abbreviated highlights on YT and didn't bother watching the race when it was on C4. A snoozefest but it bodes promising for the rest of the season.

Soldato
Snoozefest of a track/race , apart from an outside chance towards the end of Lando catching Max, that was another dreadful "spectacle"

Off to the next race - and again, another dreadful pointless track for "racing"
Cant stand Monaco , pain for pit set up. I get why the TV and FIA love it , it's very glamourous but my god it's dull.

Soldato
I still quite like Monaco even though the races can be boring. It's still fairly exciting to watch them thread these cars through the track like a needle.

If it rains or there are crashes it can be absolute madness though so it does have some potential for excitement.
Plus we get to see the bottom of Perez’s car as it’s craned off track.

Last edited:
Soldato
I still quite like Monaco even though the races can be boring. It's still fairly exciting to watch them thread these cars through the track like a needle.
I agree. Besides we’ve pretty much known the outcome of the last 95% of races since 2022, so Monaco could be positively exciting in comparison :p

Associate
Forgot the race was on Sunday... switched it on somewhere around lap 30 or something, Saw Max had a ~6s lead over second place... switched it off and joined the family in the garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom