Poll: Official 2024 Japanese Grand Prix Race Thread - International Racing Course, Suzuka - Race 4/24

Rate the Japan race out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Is it worth watching the full race? Sky was supposed to have the replay on at 10:30, I switched on at 10:36 and it was on lap 23 so someone must have messed up and put the highlights on twice in a row!! Went to ads at lap 27 and came back at 38! :( That said it doesn't seem like that much has happened and comfortable win for Max.

Caporegime
Thought that was pretty dull to be honest.

I don't have a clue what Mercedes' plan was at all. Just seemed like they were just making it up as they went along. Not sure what was up with Lewis in the first stint as for all the other stints he was closing the gap to Russell. Then his pit stop timings just seemed to **** him over.

The RBs overspeed (without DRS as well) on the Mercs on the straight before 130 R was totally ridiculous.

Last edited:
Soldato
What happened to hamilton on the 2nd stop. He was 3 seconds behind Russell, after the pit stops 9 seconds. Merc pitted 1 lap after the other. He lost 6 seconds

Soldato
Dull as dishwater.

Yep, agree - I made it more exciting by watching the full race, sans red flag period, at 2x speed and it makes the commentary very funny especially Bernie Collins.

If this year continues like this it will be possibly worse than last season, as it is so predicable based on already knowing what happened last year. At least I can fall back to Formula-E for actual racing.

Caporegime
Watched the race in full just now..
Really enjoyed it actually as a dry race.

Just ignore RBR in your mind and it was really good.

Wish RBR weren't there!

Sainz really picking up the team number 1 this year. Really glad to see, as I prefer him to leclerc. Got to be a candidate for a merc or better drive next year

Standard stuff:
Alpine at back.. So bad!
DR binning it
LS binning it
Alonso playing a great game with DRS at the end

Last edited:
Caporegime
I can't see there being much better a race than this in dry conditions.

Strategy was mixed.
Carlos had to overtake to get back to 3rd.
Alonso was playing a good game at the end.
Positions were changing a lot.
There were many overtakes actually.

Just imagine 3rd as a win and the race was really Good.

And I love a moan about how f1 is. But this, to me, was a good race

Last edited:
Soldato
It was a decent enough race for Japan, sometimes I do wonder what some 'fans' expectations are for the f1 races and what they'd call a interesting one as this today was hadly processional at all.
Shame that Daniel's race ended on the first lap and I don't feel that should have a impact on him retaining his seat as he'd had a good weekend until then. Lewis has indeed become Mr Grumpy these days and he just needs to see himself through this season and hope Ferrari come up with another good car next year. Speaking of Ferrari, it was obvious they'd set their cars up to be kinder to the tyres in the race, hence why their performance wasn't as good in qualifying. But they might have released the wrong driver for next year and certainly there must be other teams queueing up now for Carlos. Once again Alonso proved that older drivers do have a place in F1 and there is absolutely no need for him to be replaced with anyone younger.
Strange Mclaren strategy with Norris and I wait to see what the team has to say as they possibly cost him a podium today.
Well done to Yuki, even though he only scored a point I'm sure all his fans were more than happy...

Caporegime
Russell was much faster at that point

Yeh, Lewis said in the interview that he thinks his wing picked up some damage or change adjustment with slight contact from Leclerc or something.

He seemed faster than George in the 2nd and 3rd stint so I don't know whether they fixed or adjusted something in the pits.

Having said that,he did seem a bit checked out to be honest. I can't imagine it's that interesting being in the 4th/5th fastest car and fighting for the tail end scraps of points though. At least last year he was semi regularly fighting for podiums. Mercedes have gone even further backwards this season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom