Poll: Official 2024 Miami Grand Prix Race Thread - Miami International Autodrome - Race 6/24

Rate the Miami race out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
More Magnussen....

The Stewards reviewed video evidence and found that Car 20 left the track on four(4) occasions without justifiable reason, after having received the black and white flag on the third (3rd) occasion.

This was a breach of Article 33.3 of the FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations. As per the penalty guidelines, this attracts a 5 second time penalty, which we accordingly impose.

Man of Honour
OP
100%. We've gone from a car park in Vegas being the butt of jokes for 30+ years, to a car park in Miami.

I'd take 5 more years of Korea or India over this.

I can't believe we're racing around 2x car parks instead of places like Istanbul, Nurburgring, Hockenheim, Portimao or Mugello but as we well know its all about money!

Caporegime
I can't believe we're racing around 2x car parks instead of places like Istanbul, Nurburgring, Hockenheim, Portimao or Mugello but as we well know its all about money!

Yeh. It's just a really horrible looking place.

It's just silver chain link fences everywhere and a stupid fake beach/yachts. That's it. It's ugly, and the track doesn't seem to have many, if any, non DRS overtaking opportunities.

Can't wait till they go to Europe in a few weeks and can see them racing around some great racing tracks with lovely scenery surrounding them

Soldato
Yeh. It's just a really horrible looking place.

It's just silver chain link fences everywhere and a stupid fake beach/yachts. That's it. It's ugly, and the track doesn't seem to have many, if any, non DRS overtaking opportunities.

Can't wait till they go to Europe in a few weeks and can see them racing around some great racing tracks with lovely scenery surrounding them
And unfortunately Money talks but agreed .

The Hamilton frustration continues . Guy needs to retire .

Soldato
If anything Hamilton has shown through the years that his mental fortitude is the best out of any of the drivers. I’m pretty confident when he gets a car that he can trust under him he’ll be right up there and back to his more consistent ways.

You can’t blame him for not really caring about this season. Mercedes are nowhere, and he’s got one foot out the door to Ferrari. As a fan, I feel pretty much the same.

Associate
If anything Hamilton has shown through the years that his mental fortitude is the best out of any of the drivers. I’m pretty confident when he gets a car that he can trust under him he’ll be right up there and back to his more consistent ways.

You can’t blame him for not really caring about this season. Mercedes are nowhere, and he’s got one foot out the door to Ferrari. As a fan, I feel pretty much the same.
Lol, only you could say that with a straight face.

Dude has been checked out for the past season and a half, and really hasn't shown anything impressive this era. Disappointing that Ferrari are going to waste a possibly competitive car on him.

Soldato

First paragraph applies to pretty much any racing driver.

Second paragraph - it wasn't that long ago when we were told how Lewis always beats his team mates and that's why he's the best, funny now that he's hardly beaten George in any of the sessions this season it's no longer a big deal.

Caporegime

Why does he need to retire? :confused:

He came 3rd in the championship last year in arguably the 3rd or 4th fastest car, and beat his teammate in the standings by a large amount.

Lol, only you could say that with a straight face.

Dude has been checked out for the past season and a half, and really hasn't shown anything impressive this era. Disappointing that Ferrari are going to waste a possibly competitive car on him.

Again, the guy came 3rd in the championship last year in arguably the 3rd or 4th fastest car, and beat his teammate in the standings by a large amount.

How was he "checked out" last season? If that was "checked out", i am assuming if he was "checked in", he would have one the title :rolleyes:

So many people seem adamant that Lewis' career is over because he has had a fairly slow start to a season (something he often does anyway), in which he is in a midfield team that he is leaving at the end of the season anyway.

"waste a possibly competitive car on him.". Waste a competitive car on the most successful and statistically best F1 driver ever. Lol ok....!

This forum is full of jokers i swear.

Last edited:
Soldato
Except pretty much any racing driver hasn’t won 7/8 WDCs have they.
No , or are you including the ones gifted to him after Nico retired with a car that was a second lap quicker than anything on the track and a team mate empployed specifically to be the team patsy.

Those 7 world titles?

Last edited:
Soldato
Why does he need to retire? :confused:

He came 3rd in the championship last year in arguably the 3rd or 4th fastest car, and beat his teammate in the standings by a large amount.

Again, the guy came 3rd in the championship last year in arguably the 3rd or 4th fastest car, and beat his teammate in the standings by a large amount.

How was he "checked out" last season? If that was "checked out", i am assuming if he was "checked in", he would have one the title :rolleyes:

So many people seem adamant that Lewis' career is over because he has had a fairly slow start to a season (something he often does anyway), in which he is in a midfield team that he is leaving at the end of the season anyway.

"waste a possibly competitive car on him.". Waste a competitive car on the most successful and statistically best F1 driver ever. Lol ok....!

This forum is full of jokers i swear.
No one remembers 3rd place , like ever . If a lot more drivers had driven like he did and didn't go balls out like they did , Leclerc Sainz Russell to name a few I'm sure he would have been lower in the standings.

Proof of the pudding will be next year .

Either way it's going to be fun as you know LeClerc won't be the team no 2 like Bottas was . Personally if RB still have a competitive car under the new regs I just can't see Max losing.

Last edited:
Caporegime
If a lot more drivers had driven like he did and didn't go balls out like they did , Leclerc Sainz Russell to name a few I'm sure he would have been lower in the standings.

I have no idea what you are talking about here :confused:

Proof of the pudding will be next year .

Either way it's going to be fun as you know LeClerc won't be the team no 2 like Bottas was . Personally if RB still have a competitive car under the new regs I just can't see Max losing.

No, the proof of the pudding will be if he is consistently miles behind compared to Leclerc for a few years in a row at Ferrari. You can't just write off someone for a slow start to a season after a few races. Again, he came 3rd last season whilst his teammate came 8th. Why are you therefore so quick to write him off when in literally the latest finished season, he did really well :confused:?

Also, yes Leclerc will obviously be a bigger challenge as he is arguably one of the fastest drivers on the grid and would give a Max a run for his money in equal machinery. I am not expecting Lewis to consistently beat him at all. In fact i think it will likely be quite even once Lewis is up to speed in the Ferrari.

Last edited:
Associate
No , or are you including the ones gifted to him after Nico retired with a car that was a second lap quicker than anything on the track and a team mate empployed specifically to be the team patsy.

Those 7 world titles?
And what about the Massi gifted title and the Newey rocketship titles for Max?

What about the McLaren that dominated during the Prost/Senna era, were those titles gifted?

What about Schumi and his specially designed Bridgestones and his wingman, were his titles gifted?

What about Seb and his blown diffuser RB which was the class of the field, were his titles gifted?

What about Prost when he came out of retirement to drive the 93 William's because it was the fastest, was that title gifted?

You just hate the Lewis and have nothing nice to say, nothing more nothing less.

Last edited:
Soldato
Except pretty much any racing driver hasn’t won 7/8 WDCs have they.

Other than Lewis and Schumacher show me any other driver that was fortunate to have the best/ competitive car for such a long time? Most multiple champions are lucky to have championship winning cars for a few seasons not for a decade like Lewis was between his time in McLaren and Mercedes.

Anyway you didn't say anything about winning titles before, just that he needs a car he can trust and the confidence will come back. Hence my response that that applies to pretty much every racing driver.

Back
Top Bottom