Poll: Official 2024 Miami Grand Prix Race Thread - Miami International Autodrome - Race 6/24

Rate the Miami race out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Genuine excitement during the race at the possibility of a different winner, then the nice feeling of watching a first time winner at the end. Overall I'd rate my personal enjoyment of the race higher than most recent ones and actually hung on to watch a lot of the post race stuff with a smile on my face.

I like to think it was my visit to McLaren on Friday morning that lead to the win...

Edit: I do feel for Piastri though. He comes across as feeling ok knowing that his time will come I just hope he knows it will.

Last edited:
Soldato
Did Verstappen lose 20 seconds because of the safety car picking him up instead of Lando? Looks to me like there was a 10-11 sec lead when the Safety Car came out that was 30+ when Lando pitted
How can you lose time behind a safety car ?
They were 1st and 2nd before and after. Lando maintained track position because of it, but I fully expected Max to come barrelling past once they were released, never happened though.

Don
Great win for Lando - chuffed for him

Not sure how Sainz doesn't get a penalty for the damage he caused to Oscar's car... The move was certainly a "lunge"

Decent drive from Lewis as well in a very poor Merc
Sainz has received a 5-second penalty applied after the race for that collision, dropping him to 5th position and promoting Perez to 4th.

Soldato
I wonder whether Mercedes considered that a penalty may occur as Lewis was, after the penalty applied, like 0.1/0.2s from 5th place... Did they give Lewis any hint as he may have tried to go a wee bit faster (as much as that dog of a merc can) to get ahead.

Associate
I’m watching the race again this morning, what a result! Super happy for Lando, and the interview with his dad after the race was just heart-warming, you can see how proud he is that his boy won his first GP! First of many!!

The upgrades clearly have gone in the right direction, the pace of Oscar with only having half of them was impressive, feel for him.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Why does Max have to be such a **** in the post-race interviews? F1 twitter thinks it's hilarious, but he's just being plain rude.
Is it because he's getting pissy because he finished second?

Associate
Why does Max have to be such a **** in the post-race interviews? F1 twitter thinks it's hilarious, but he's just being plain rude.
Is it because he's getting pissy because he finished second?

Was it the comment he said about winning in Silverstone v Miami? I missed that interview

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Was it the comment he said about winning in Silverstone v Miami? I missed that interview
"The cone at turn 15 - what happened there?"
Max: "I didn't like it, so I decided to take it out. And test the durability of the front wing so that's the crash test done"

When asked whether he still would have won without the safety car..
"It's always if, if, if. If my mother had balls she'd be my dad."

Comes across very unprofessional. Maybe it's just me...

Back
Top Bottom