Poll: Official 2024 Monaco Grand Prix Race Thread - Circuit de Monaco - Race 8/24

Rate the Monaco procession out of one

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Verstappen pit radio - Ok, that's that. Well done mate.

Verstappen - I thought the ride was bad yesterday, but this is another level. My body is completely broken.

Horner - Yeah, tough weekend Max. Plenty to take out of it. Probably one of the world's most boring races, unfortunately.

Verstappen - Yeah, that red flag completely destroyed any kind of strategy or what. It was really, really boring there. Just trying to save those tyres in the end, you know.

Pit - Yeah, I think the only car to make an overtake was Stroll.

Verstappen - I had to go to the toilet from lap 20. That was probably the hardest thing of the race.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Understandable though, given that they'd been telling the drivers to go 4+ seconds slower than they can for the previous 60+ laps

Not at all understandable. He's a 7 (8, really) time champion. If he can't figure out for himself by now when it's important to drive faster then may God help him 'cause no other bugger is about to.

Soldato
Not at all understandable. He's a 7 (8, really) time champion. If he can't figure out for himself by now when it's important to drive faster then may God help him 'cause no other bugger is about to.
Yeah, he does say some silly stuff during a race sometimes. Unless they told him last minute to pit, subsequently not giving him a chance to push.

Soldato
Monaco is just so poor now every year due the car size, good thing Le Mans is just around the corner for some real racing
It's not the car size that's the problem, the track just isn't suitable for wheel to wheel racing. Even back in 1992 when the cars were 1.8m wide and 3/4s the length and weight, Mansell couldn't get passed Senna on fresh tyres.

Compound that with the tendency for teams to prefer safe strategies of tyre saving to avoid pitstops instead of balls-out racing, then you get processions like we got today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom