Poll: Official 2024 Monaco Grand Prix Race Thread - Circuit de Monaco - Race 8/24

Rate the Monaco procession out of one

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I'm driving back up to my house in Norfolk tonight so will have the whole weekend alone whilst doing some decorating around the house. Kids will be with their grandparents and the wife is staying here in Hampshire for work... will have this on in the background for sure :)

Caporegime
Pity it couldn't rain a couple of days later.

I just don't understand how they let F1 get to this stage. What gaggle of idiots thought going larger was the way to improve racing?

Mostly because they slapped the sticking plaster called "DRS" over it and called the job a good 'un instead of fixing anything; but also because they wanted to ensure that F1 stayed faster than other racing formats and whilst these barges are rubbish at racing they're hella fast round a track.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Any one watching the F2 quali? My god that was a close call in the tunnel ...

That was a shocking moment. Why weren't the marshals on the outside of the curve waving yellows? But there were yellows prior to the tunnel so he should have slowed.

Looks like the runners in the second group will have a substantial advantage over these guys judging by the rate of improvement.

Associate
That was a shocking moment. Why weren't the marshals on the outside of the curve waving yellows? But there were yellows prior to the tunnel so he should have slowed.

Looks like the runners in the second group will have a substantial advantage over these guys judging by the rate of improvement.

Yep! I think the screens were flashing in the tunnel too, but he just kept his foot in.. Dare I say if he collided I think we would be doing a 2mins silence tomorrow.

I don't remember seeing anything quite as close as that before in the tunnel, mental!

Caporegime
Dare I say if he collided I think we would be doing a 2mins silence tomorrow.

I don't remember seeing anything quite as close as that before in the tunnel, mental!

I don't think it would have been fatal, corner to corner contact and some distance before they hit the walls, but it would have been very nasty. Injuries very plausible. I think the closest incident I can remember is that restart in F1 in Mugello 2020 when Giovinazzi went into the back of KMag, but F1 cars have a lot more at the back than F2 cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom