Poll: Official 2024 Monaco Grand Prix Race Thread - Circuit de Monaco - Race 8/24

Rate the Monaco procession out of one

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I think a new pair of underwear is needed for the driver. I know waving the white flag is correct for the situation, however, I think waving yellows or double yellows, would have been more suitable in the Monaco tunnel.
FIA Rules

4.1.2 Flag signals to be used at observation posts:

a) Red flag: This should be shown waved only on instruction from the Clerk of the Course when it becomes necessary to stop a practice session or the race. All drivers are required to slow down immediately and proceed to the pit lane (or the place foreseen by the regulations of the Event), and must be prepared to stop if necessary. Overtaking is not permitted.

b) Yellow flag: This is a signal of danger and should be shown to drivers in two ways with the following meanings: – Single waved: Reduce your speed, do not overtake and be prepared to change direction. There is a hazard beside or partly on the track. – Double waved: Reduce your speed, do not overtake and be prepared to change direction or stop. There is a hazard wholly or partly blocking the track. Yellow flags should normally be shown only at the marshals post immediately preceding the hazard. In some cases however the Clerk of the Course may order them to be shown at more than one marshals post preceding an incident. Overtaking is not permitted between the first yellow flag and the green flag displayed after the incident. Yellow flags should not be shown in the pit lane unless there is an incident of which the driver should be made aware.

c) Yellow flag with red stripes: This should be shown motionless to inform drivers that there is a deterioration of adhesion due to oil or water on the track in the area beyond the flag. This flag should be displayed, for at least (depending on the circumstances) 4 laps unless the surface returns to normal beforehand. It is not however necessary for the sector beyond where this flag is being shown to show a green flag.

d) Light Blue flag: This should normally be waved, as an indication to a driver that he is about to be overtaken. It has different meanings during practice and the race. At all times : – A stationary flag should be displayed to a driver leaving the pits if traffic is approaching on the track. During practice : – Give way to a faster car which is about to overtake you. During the race : – The flag should normally be shown to a car about to be lapped and, when shown, the driver concerned must allow the following car to pass at the earliest opportunity.

e) White flag: This flag should be waved and is used to indicate to the driver that there is a much slower vehicle on the sector of track controlled by that flag point.

I see there is no obligation for the next driver to slow down as it is not stated in section e.

As for the F1, I like many of you, think that Saturday's qualifying is the most exciting bit of the Monaco weekend, however, I'll still watch Sunday. I expect Verstappen to be on pole, but hopefully, the McLarens can challenge him.

Soldato
Red Bull's car not really suited to this type of circuit although Max might be able to pull something out of the hat.
In contrast the Ferrari is but we've not seen the fastest times yet but I was surprised to see so many cars tempting fate banging off the barriers in fp1 and 2.

Soldato
I'd really like Leclerc to win his home race, but I certainly wouldn't complain if Lando or Lewis did either. (Only including Lewis because they looked punchy in practice, I doubt they'll be up there in quali)

Probably better it was Charles or Lando though, then we can really start getting our knickers in a twist for the next few races on whether or not Max is going to win the WDC. We need a couple of races without a Max win to actually put some pressure on. A win or two isn't going to cut it.

Man of Honour
OP
I'd really like Leclerc to win his home race, but I certainly wouldn't complain if Lando or Lewis did either. (Only including Lewis because they looked punchy in practice, I doubt they'll be up there in quali)

Probably better it was Charles or Lando though, then we can really start getting our knickers in a twist for the next few races on whether or not Max is going to win the WDC. We need a couple of races without a Max win to actually put some pressure on. A win or two isn't going to cut it.

Really it needs a few Max DNF's if there's going to be a title battle

Caporegime
I feel like we've been here before.

Max complains through practice that it's all going wrong.

Gets P1 in qualy and the race...

Can only hope it's different this time but I won't hold my breath!

Associate
People were saying that last year but Max pulled out a corker of a hot lap right at the end. But yeah, RB's do tend to favour power tracks
That lap was incredible, mainly sector 3. It is one of those tracks where you either pull out a miracle or end up in the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom