Poll: Official 2024 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix Thread - Corniche Circuit, Jeddah - Round 2

Rate the Jeddah race out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realised that the F1 Academy race was the start of that season - and they did it in Saudi Arabia on International Women’s day. Well played. Yes I’m sure that was already mentioned but I haven’t been paying attention.

Last edited:
Incredibly close between 2nd and 4th. Well done the McLarens. Nice to see Alonso having pace too. I think Bearman did okay under the circumstances, hopefully he can get points tomorrow.
I think Bearman just was trying too hard, however to be 11th on your very first f1 drive with only an hour's practice and at Saudi he can be proud of himself. Alonso just taking every opportunity he can, Perez has done enough and he should be able to pass Charles as the Red Bull has very good race pace. Tale of woe at Merecedes, especially Lewis's side of the garage, where's Danny gone to, unless he can beat his teammate then I'm not sure how much longer he'll be in F1.

Last edited:
Rubbish qualifying really. Crofty did his best to try and make it sound exciting, but it was pretty clear no one was beating Max's time.

The Mercedes is still being a dog. It's not a good car at qualifying again this year clearly. Hopefully the trend continues tomorrow of their race pace generally being better.

Aside from any dramas Max is going to sail off into the sunset again.

Also, RB should have put Lawson in that seat instead of Ricciardo. Ricciardo seems to have had it performance wise. Nearly half a second off Yuki. Lawson was showing he would likely be better than Tsunoda.

Last edited:
Rubbish qualifying really. Crofty did his best to try and make it sound exciting, but it was pretty clear no one was beating Max's time.

The Mercedes is still being a dog. It's not a good car at qualifying again this year clearly. Hopefully the trend continues tomorrow of their race pace generally being better.

Also, RB should have put Lawson in that seat instead of Ricciardo. Ricciardo seems to have had it performance wise. Nearly half a second off Yuki. Lawson was showing he would likely be better than Tsunoda.
Usually quali is much closer so I expect Max to utterly destroy them in the race.

Agree on Lawson getting promoted, showed real promise when he was subbed in.

Just looked at the results for this rather than watch.

Looks quite a predictable set of times.
Will not be watching the race for this one.

My favourite part was Karun likening getting your tyres in the right zone to lying in a comfy bed. Whilst having a corner of the covers open, exposing a leg being in a bad zone with your tyres.

I skipped qualifying and will probably skip the race too. Its just not doing it for me like last year. Max deserves his success but there is just no competition.

Wouldn't be surprised if they sell the team. Especially as they'll be no better the year after
Wonder whether the weight issue is tied to the engine, being that it's the worst on the grid, it might need more cooling, etc. to keep it from imploding.

If the screw up the 2026 engine then they should just dissolve the company and let another team try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom