Poll: Official 2024 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix Thread - Corniche Circuit, Jeddah - Round 2

Rate the Jeddah race out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

As Lewis explained in his post qualy interview (but without the specific numbers that are given in this article):

"Through Turns 6/7/8 is where he suffered the biggest loss to Max Verstappen’s Red Bull and Charles Leclerc’s Ferrari. Verstappen was flat through there, Leclerc virtually so. But Hamilton was down to 62% throttle (Russell at 57%) and going through at 155mph compared to the 166mph of the Red Bull and Ferrari. "

Crazy that there is such a difference that the RB and Ferrari can go flat and the Merc drivers have to go at ~60% throttle, and that they can go through 11mph faster than the Merc.

Last edited:
As Lewis explained in his post qualy interview (but without the specific numbers that are given in this article):

"Through Turns 6/7/8 is where he suffered the biggest loss to Max Verstappen’s Red Bull and Charles Leclerc’s Ferrari. Verstappen was flat through there, Leclerc virtually so. But Hamilton was down to 62% throttle (Russell at 57%) and going through at 155mph compared to the 166mph of the Red Bull and Ferrari. "

Crazy that there is such a difference that the RB and Ferrari can go flat and the Merc drivers have to go at ~60% throttle, and that they can go through 11mph faster than the Merc.
I think that must be an exaggeration, but somewhere near the truth, Merc social media tweeted or xed about 7 and 8 being goodish. The replies were 99% slagging them off for building another tractor. The fans are not happy.

RB have good designers i guess. Merc are just not getting it right at the mo. Early days though. Season only just started.

Looking forward to Max going to Merc in 2026, or earlier!!

RB have good designers i guess. Merc are just not getting it right at the mo. Early days though. Season only just started.

Looking forward to Max going to Merc in 2026, or earlier!!
It feels like Red Bull have always leant on their aero peformance knowing there wasn't much they could do about the engine whereas Merc leant on the engine knowing they weren't as good aerodynamically. Now that the engines are equalised, Red Bull are on another level.

That's what it feels like to me as a casual observer anyway.

I think that must be an exaggeration, but somewhere near the truth, Merc social media tweeted or xed about 7 and 8 being goodish. The replies were 99% slagging them off for building another tractor. The fans are not happy.
They've never been good in high-speed corners though have they. I wonder if this circuit is making them look even worse than they are. But then again, as a Merc fan I'm pretty bored of the excuses.

The most exciting thing about today is whether or not I'll get my TV successfully mounted to the wall (complete with soundbar mount) before the race starts. If I don't, meh.

Another entertaining F1A race, however some of the driving standards were questionable. Also if Joey Barton found out about the commentators he'd be furious. (I mean they tried, but didn't really know what was going on, didn't know the difference between an SC and a Yellow and had no real understanding). But I'm sure it will get better

Hilarious ending though, the winner Pin passed the finish line twice, she claimed she didn't see the flag at first and the team didn't tell her. She kept going at racing speeds on the slow down lap and after crossing the line again race control had to throw a red flag to get her to stop. :o

Egg on the face for her and the team really with a potential penalty which could lose her the race.

Worth watching the highlights when they come out on Youtube. I think the local fans just protested this one by just not turning up.

Last edited:
Norris radio - Yeah, I almost crashed

Pit - Yeah, we got it. Yeah, penaty huh?

Norris - I think the front wing is ok. Not sure if there's damage.

Looks like almost everyone is on new medium tyres

Except: Alonso and Stroll on used mediums - both only done 1 lap.
Bearman and Bottas on new softs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom