• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official 3DMark 'Fire Strike' Leaderboard**

Mobster
Soldato
Sorry but I have tested what I posted above many many times on a lot of different CPUs in different configurations with x number of cores enabled and with and without H/T.

Also speed is not related to CPU efficiency.

This is the last I will post on this topic as a bench thread is not the right place for this sort of thing.

Heh, for all this time you could just admit that even you can see the scaling is We have a swear filter for a reason, but for some reason you kept digging a hole.

And instead of proving what seems like a ridiculous claim and i have never even heard anyone else say before, you just choose to stop talking about the topic.

Credibility:

32b0504811.jpg

I havent really seen anyone go as far as claiming to be at a disadvantage with Haswell-E 8 core at 4.5GHz in BENCHMARKS.

Last edited:
Mobster
Soldato
Also, if how CPU and GPU scores differ in different combinations doesnt belong in here then i dont know where it does.

Edit: deleting your posts wont matter, i quoted them.

Mobster
Soldato
If you had any decency you would delete all your posts here too as this is a benching thread.

If you think you are right start a new thread where it can be discussed and feel free to copy all my quoted posts into it.

If you offer some supporting evidence as well in the new thread it may give your argument some credibility.

I tried to answer your questions and all you have done is waste mine and any one elses time having to read this.

Not made any arguments, ive questioned your statement.

Man of Honour
I wonder if he bonked his head since he made the excuse that his octo core was at a mhz disadvantage. If this is true, that must mean everyone in the top 10 is doing it wrong then?

No it means that you get massive physics and combined scores neither of which do anything to help on the graphics tests.

This is why people will ditch the 6 and 8 core CPUs when going for very high graphics scores alone, 8 Pack has done this himself in the past.

Associate
No it means that you get massive physics and combined scores neither of which do anything to help on the graphics tests.

This is why people will ditch the 6 and 8 core CPUs when going for very high graphics scores alone, 8 Pack has done this himself in the past.

That's got nothing to do with the situation here. It's sad that you keep coming up with bs to spill. I've read it all here, woe is me... I have an 8 core extreme cpu. Seriously...?

Man of Honour
That's got nothing to do with the situation here. It's sad that you keep coming up with bs to spill. I've read it all here, woe is me... I have an 8 core extreme cpu. Seriously...?

You have your opinion and I respect that but if you think I am full of bs please do me a favour and put me on your ignore list.

Also if you wish to disagree with people it would go a long way to proving your point of view if you can provide some supporting evidence (this is something i can do if needed). Unfortunately neither you or Rangerjr1 can produce any by the look of it.

As I said above i would be very grateful if you and Rangerjr1 can put me on your ignore lists as I do not wish to bore you guys further. I will also not be replying to any more of your posts either as this has to stop.:)

Man of Honour
Not for the scoreboard.

Haswell i3 + GTX 980 score higher graphics score than the red cards.

I just ran my 5960X on 2 cores and 2 threads @4.0 so it is basically a slightly oced i3

Score 10178

GTX 980(1x) @1492/2003

Intel Core i7-5960X @4.0 using 2 cores and 2 threads

Graphics Score 15662

Physics Score 5903

Combined Score 4008

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/4676821

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Here is one using the same clocks as the post above but the CPU using all 8 cores and threads.

Score 14133

GTX 980(1x) @1492/2003

Intel Core i7-5960X @4.0 using all 8 cores and 8 threads

Graphics Score 15820

Physics Score 19446

Combined Score 6398

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/3200245

So practically no difference to the graphics score whether you use 2 cores/threads or 8 cores/threads, it is all down to CPU MHz being enough to drive the cards.

:D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D

Mobster
Soldato
You blamed your Haswell-E for the low GS because of the clocks you were running

What I was saying is that having that Haswell-E at 4.5 is the same as a 3930k at 4.9. Why? IPC. Amount of cores was never a part of the discussion. I even demonstrated this, I linked a score of a 4.5 5960x with the same clocks on the 290s as matts score. And guess what whoopdeedoo GS is the same, none of that 4-5k difference you claimed he/you would get from going to a 4.5 Haswell-E to a 4.9 sandy. And adding another 200-300mhz on the sandy whiich is 5.2GHz or in terms of Haswell-E 4.7~ will not add 4-5K on your GS.

Are we done?

Last edited:
Associate
Hi all,
Got new 980's as my old cards went kaput. Thank you very much Ocuk for the fast turnaround and excellent customer care!

2xEVGA ref SC 980's @ 1291 core and 1392 boost with 1765 memory
4770k @ 4.4GHz

Score 19222 GFX Score 28658

link here

Last edited:
Soldato
nvidia gigabyte g1 gaming 980 x2 @ 1378/1823/1479

I7 4790k @ 4598

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/3274393

Graphics Score - 30376
Physics Score - 12758
Combined Score- 7801

Fire Strike score - 20297

this is the best air cooled graphics score if i have read that correctly?
how to make the physics score better? 6 core cpu lol dont think the wife would thank me if i spend any more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom