Official Animal Crossing Wide World Thread (***INFO/SPOILERS***)

Soldato
OP
You need insurance from Lyle ;)

100 Bells each time you get stung :)

And later on he'll offer Fake painting insurance, but it's not really worth it as each Painting costs 4k+ and he'll still only give you 100 bells per fake painting :(

Soldato
OP
Also, does anyone know....

If my PC is connected to a Wifi Router, and i buy a Wifi Dongle for my pc (My router is incompatible with Nintendo Wifi :( ) Will it still work? :confused:

Soldato
OP
Khrest said:
So what was the 3000 bells insurance he talked me into the other day? That was alllegedly for sickness and injury ??!

Yes you pay the one off premium of 3000 bells then everytime your character trips or gets stung you get 100 bells.

Soldato
OP
ja3h said:
can you get coconuts? one washed up on the beach, planted it but didnt grow! ><

Read my OP :p

Yes you can grow coconuts, however they need to be close to the beach or they don't grow. To guarantee a coconut tree cut down a tree close to the beach, dig up the stump and plant the coconut in the hole.

Coconut palms only give 2 fruits instead of 3 but are valuable later on because they attract rare insects in the Summer nights :)

Soldato
OP
ja3h said:
:eek: you're so wise!

Dammit...i should have just thought that...palm trees grow in sand! ><

Well it doesn't need to be right in the sand, the grass close to the sand is good enough :) As long as you can see the beach i'd say your close enough to it that it should work.

Soldato
OP
ja3h said:
thanks, a coconut washed on the shore today so its planted :)

Also buried my shovel yesterday, golden shovel! so this means i can plant money trees right? has anyone done that yet?

I know brownpants has, word of warning though. Even if you plant it in a tree stump hole, you still only have a 1 in 4 chance of the money tree growing money bags :) Your better off having a full orchard across your village. Every 3 days my trees fruit and selling them gets me 200k Bells. Play the turnip market (Buy turnips on Sundays) and sell them for a profit is also a great way to make money :)

Soldato
OP
No longer 4 houses, everyone lives in the same house. You no longer need to send Fossils off, as Blathers has been on a fossil identification course and can tell you straight away.

Some new visitors, or they show up in different ways. Multiplayer is now a lot better, as you can now have up to 4 (i think) other players running around in your village at the same time. Rather than the gamecube way of merely getting to go to someone elses village yourself.

It is broadly the same game, but with little improvements and a bigger emphasis on multiplayer :)

Oh and the house expansions are different.

Soldato
OP
It's not like that...

This is an open-ended game, so open in fact they call it a "Life Simulation" game. Do what you want, try and get the best nooks "Nookington's", get as much fruit as possible, get all your rooms done. If you bought this game expecting a plot and a story forget it, it's all about the collecting and competition.

Soldato
OP
For all those struggling to get fruit, try sending every animal in your village a letter with 1 piece of your native fruit as a present. Sometimes they'll return the favor by sending you a letter with a different fruit. :)

Soldato
OP
Scratchy said:
thanks to whoever it was that mentioned sending fruit to everyone in town I just checked back today and I got a peach and an orange to add to my apple trees :)

Your welcome, continue to bow at my knowledge of the AC.

Back
Top Bottom