**Official Asus A8N-SLI Premium Thread**

Associate
sumang007 said:
Hey,

Anyone tried the new 1007 release BIOS? Gonna take it home and flash now... hopefully it works ok! Btw to everyone asking for my settings, MBM config files etc, I'm getting my phone line put in on Friday, so ADSL in a week or two after that hopefully. Getting there slowly!

Cheers,

Suman

From what I can tell, I'm very fortunate to have 4Gb of RAM working stabiliy in this computer so I'm too scared to do it.

Soldato
I'm having a spot of bother that's been reported elsewhere in this thread. I'm more interested in undervolting my X2 to keep it cool and quiet, but whenever I set a voltage lower than 1.1 in the BIOS, it completely ignores my setting and continues to use 1.1volts. Equally, when I try to set any voltage higher than 1.35, it ignores that too, and continues to use 1.35volts. Anyone know what is going on with this?

Soldato
OP
If you overclock on a divider, the TRC automatically defaults to 22T, no matter what you set it to in the BIOS. Default is usually 11T.

BIOS 1007 solvies this issue :)

Suman

Associate
Hi Suman,

I Flashed to 1007 last night, no problem so far, but I still have problems with vCore that I can only use 1.34, 1.36 and 1.47v set within the BIOS and checked.

Are people having the same problem with this MB and X2 4400 CPU

Simon

Associate
Simon D said:
Hi Suman,

I Flashed to 1007 last night, no problem so far, but I still have problems with vCore that I can only use 1.34, 1.36 and 1.47v set within the BIOS and checked.

Are people having the same problem with this MB and X2 4400 CPU

Simon

yes i have the same problem

Associate
Yeah i need more VCORE 1.47v simply an't enough for me. I tried the 1007.200 BIOS and the max i would let me do is 1.37v :eek: that is terrible. I would have expected at least 1.55v for the VCORE!!

Associate
Could someone help please I am new to this overclocking business and would really appreciated some light shed. Just attempted to tweak the memory using the 'tuning' option in 'nforce' and was faced with a dilemma. Numerous occasions my system locked up and restarted. I then realised that there is a warning message concerning HT bus tracking. How do I 'lock out' the PCI on this board? If this is possible, does this take into account the PCIexpress socket too? Is this even necessary?

Thanks in advance.

Ps, I understand the clock multiplier ie 10x200mhz = 2Ghz. What is the HT multiplier for and why would it be necessary for me to lower this using 'ntune'?

Associate
Got this board for about 1 week now from o/c and may i just say this board ROCKS,,i went from a DFI lanparty to this ,and it is just so much better IMO.
I am not sure what bios it has installed on it,as it is the one it came shipped with (will look later) but i am running vcore of 1.55 no problem at all.

sumang007 said:
If you overclock on a divider, the TRC automatically defaults to 22T, no matter what you set it to in the BIOS. Default is usually 11T.

BIOS 1007 solvies this issue :)

Suman

how much does this affect performance by as mine is @ 22T atm

Associate
Hi joedeath332,

It would seem that most people are having problems with Vcore are running a X2 CPU.

Which CPU are you running with?

Simon

Associate
AHH that would explain it then,,i am just running a 3200+ winnie m8
though got a min there i had a "special" board:D,where as i must just not of read the threads properly.

Associate
This is seriously getting on my nerves.

Just swapped froma DFI Ultra-D to the Premium as I needed the extra SATA slots.

Now only will the Silicon RAID not allow a single JBOD, I have now found that I am not able to overclock the X2 4400+ to the previous 2.4ghz that I was running on the DFI as I'm not able to select and run 1.4v that the CPU needs for the overclock.

Not a happy customer at all, worse of all is the fact that on the actual Asus Forum, no one from Asus seems to have any input or infact care.

It seems to me that Asus should fix this problem, or take away their overclocking motherboard claims, at least DFI will acknowledge and do their best to fix any problem that arise.

Soldato
OP
Asus are usually good with BIOS updates and bug fixes, they're are hopefully fixing the X2 bug as we speak. So hang in there... or go back to DFI :p

joedeath332, I didn't actually do any performance benchies before and after 22T bug was fixed... I'll run some when I get home though to see how much of a hit 22T gives.

Suman

Associate
Hi Wildman1255

On the A8N-SLI Premium to 'lock' the PCI clock on this board go into the BIOS and then to JumperFree Configuration and then change PCI clock Synchonization mode from Auto to 33.33Mhz which locks the PCI & PCIexpress socket too

Simon

Associate
umm my voltage via cpu-z is all over the shop from default.1.36..it can vary from 1.32 to 1.39 which is not good ..x2 4400 not sure if this is causing hard locks on my pc over clocked...have hit almost 2.8 on air but its hard locking all the down to 2.4ghz will run default for a while see what goes then!

Associate
DazzXP said:
Yeah i need more VCORE 1.47v simply an't enough for me. I tried the 1007.200 BIOS and the max i would let me do is 1.37v :eek: that is terrible. I would have expected at least 1.55v for the VCORE!!

im using the 1007.002 bios and im getting 1.55v vcore. ai booster goes up to 1.65v but when trying to increase volts in this it just hangs when i go over 1.55v. maybe a bios upgrade will allow more volts.

has anyone tried the new 1008 bios that was mentioned couple of pages back?

Associate
Hi all

Been following this thread for a couple of days as am looking at picking up on of these:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Athlon_64_Bundles.html#aBU_2d026_2dOK

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 90nm (Socket 939)
Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3200C2PT TwinX (2x1GB) CAS2
Asus A8N-SLi Premium nForce4 SLi (Socket 939)

Along with this bundle, I'm looking at adding a Leadtek 7800GTX, Audigy2 ZS all in an Eclipse 62 Encolsure. Eventually I may go SLi when the prices drop a little on the 7800's but for the next 6 months I'm looking at running a single card.

I have a couple of questions just before I go ahead and order everything re this board, and appologies if some are a litle n00b-ish, but I just wanted to make shure all was hunky dory before parting with £1700.

Questions:

1. Are there any possible issues I may need to know about with this combination or will all of it be ok stright out f the box.

2. I'm going to be using 1x37GB Raptor and a WD200GB Sata II, are there any issues in using single Sata's and which sata ports on the mobo are the best to use for this configuration? Have no need for Raid for the forseeable future.

3. Hiper HPU-4K580-MK Type R 580W, Will this run 24pin?

4. Finally, Which drivers should I live buy? nVidia's nForce4 Unified's or stick with Asus home grown?

Associate
I'm sure you will be fine with the components you have selected.
My current system is as follows:
A8N Sli Premium
A64 4000
Xfx 7800 gtx
Corsair 2gb xms3200C2plt
Audigy2 zs
Hiper R 580W
Maxtor dm9 120gb sata hdd
CM Stacker case etc etc

I have updated mobo bios to 1007, nforce drivers to 666, and gfx drivers to 7777.
I use the Sili Img SATA port 1 for my hdd and everything runs fine.
It also runs fine with the disk supplied gfx, mobo drivers and bios so no real need to worry about updates at all IMHO

Back
Top Bottom