***Official Batman Arkham Origins Thread***

Man of Honour
Well I broke my own rule of not pre ordering anymore games and bought a key from Greenman Gaming. £22.50 plus 5% cash back, as long as it doesn't stutter like Arkham City did then I'll be happy.

Associate
I tried a 360 controller and found it awful in comparison to K+M! Especially when it came to gliding......

I played both AC and AA with the 360 controller. Using the mouse just didnt work as well for me. Guess everyones different :)

Bought AO from the MM a while back and hadnt realised release day had come round!

Associate
so where do i get my code from overclockers for buying a gtx780 with the batman offer?

sorry to ask here but didn't know where to

Mine came in an email straight after I got the one confirming my order had shipped.

Why cant I add the voucher code on GMG im logged in I paste the code into the voucher box and press 'add voucher' and nothing happens!?

If you copy and paste the code it doesn't recognise that anything's been entered so the button doesn't activate. It should accept the code if you just press enter, or try typing something into the box and deleting it to activate the button.

Associate
Well I broke my own rule of not pre ordering anymore games and bought a key from Greenman Gaming. £22.50 plus 5% cash back, as long as it doesn't stutter like Arkham City did then I'll be happy.

Is there any chance of this being cheaper at Christmas? Maybe just a slightly higher discount on steam/GMG/Amazon?

I've been spoiled by cheap GOTY editions for the other 2 games but am getting an itch to play this one.

Man of Honour
Is there any chance of this being cheaper at Christmas? Maybe just a slightly higher discount on steam/GMG/Amazon?

I've been spoiled by cheap GOTY editions for the other 2 games but am getting an itch to play this one.

Depends how good it is.

Poor or mixed reviews usually means games get discounted quicker.

Don't forget the retail version has a later release date than the digital one, so that will be even closer to Christmas, so I think it's unlikely to be discounted in the Steam Christmas sale.

Associate
Considering this is almost upon us it's strange that there's very little in the way of reviews of it online yet. Or have I missed something?

embargo is until friday, so technically you can play it before it's even reviewed. I completed the previous two games and have this preloaded to play at 11pm, if anyone cares i will post my impressions on it after a few hours play?

Soldato
There's an embargo on reviews? :confused:

I did find a link to an Xbox one on another forum but before I got the chance to read the review it had been taken offline. Is that what the industry has come to now? Deliberately keeping gamers in the dark with embargos so they can make more cash? I suppose this way they will make substantially more cash out of increased pre-orders from gamers happy to take the chance that the game is worth buying rather than have reviews published before release which rate it in a negative fashion, so from their perspective it makes perfect business sense. But it still smacks of strong arm tactics IMO.

I'll wait till I see some honest reviews first I think, judgement reserved until then. :cool:

Soldato
I have a strong feeling that compared to AA + AC this game is going to be a massive letdown especially after the eurogamer interview with the producer some of his comments are especially :rolleyes:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...aced-resistance-and-reluctance-at-every-level

1: Gfx are pretty basic & dated now as UT3 is so old.
2: MP is totally tacked on & not needed (desperate sign of WB Games lack of confidence in the gameplay design).
3: Using cheap unknown voice actors is a budget decision for sure.
4: Review embargo (when was the last time a review embargo was enforced for a very well received game???). I predict this will get 7's or 6's average.

All of these factors make me very happy to wait another 2 weeks for the cheaper Steelbook retail DVD with extra DLC & in the meantme I can hear from others & cancel if need be then wait for a digital sale in 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom