*** Official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Thread ***

Caporegime
Anyone who reads my posts on this knows the spotting thing drives me spare. :D The controls are a bit clunky - having to keep pressing SELECT when you spot a baddie is quite annoying. I see why people don't do it, tbh. They ought to have it that so that baddies just auto-appear after being in the sights for a second or so. I tend to do "spotting spam" and just waggle my crosshairs over the screen whilst hammering SELECT and see if it picks anybody up.

Soldato
That was a quick go, assuming you played both in the 5-7 minutes it took to post back your findings, any how, it’s a personal observation I made, and if you spend a decent amount of time playing both most people will be able to notice the difference.
Played Bad Company every day for at least a few hours until I got MW2, which I now play every day for at least a few hours.

Soldato
OP
I'm not a massive fan of the auto spotting on 1943. I like that its the select button as well as I can see people have to actually go out of their way a bit to use it. Nice that its not part of hardcore.

Soldato
I'm not a massive fan of the auto spotting on 1943. I like that its the select button as well as I can see people have to actually go out of their way a bit to use it. Nice that its not part of hardcore.

Totally agree, the spotting in the beta worked well enough, but as others have said (even in the beta thread), it's let down by the fact people simply don't bother - I hope they don't change it to the auto spotting!

Soldato
And you honestly cannot 'feel' a difference :confused:
Obviously the control systems both button layout and stick sensitivity are slightly different, but one stick still moves the player while the other moves the view and a lot of the main buttons are similar too. There's not much room for "clunkyness" to creep in. If you could quantify what exactly you find the problem to be it might help me understand what you mean.

Soldato
He's a knife/dual shottie abuser in MW2 so I wouldn't worry about his opinion on it :p ;)
R NOT! MP5 is my baby now.

Can you turn off the stupid gun bob? Makes it look really cartoony or something with the weapons constantly moving up and down all the time.
I enjoy the gun bob, when I go to other FPS now they seem all floaty and unreal.

Soldato
OP
Just pre-ordered this. Ordered the limited edition. Will cancel it though if its not a standard game case as I hate tins/cardboard and extras........:o

Soldato
OP
Seems with my pre-order I get to play the demo for a week from the 28th of jan. after that week the demo is up on xbox live....i think.

Soldato
I really cant wait until this is out. I've play MW2 a lot and with friends its good but theres still a lot off bull**** in the game, like jaked overpowered weapons, akimbo weapons, being able to knife someone instantly despite holding 2 shotguns plus the amount of time spent in a lobby. Battlefield games I usually stay in the same server for my whole gaming session and its just a better game. The best online game for me.

it actually feels like an organic battlefield, a playground for destruction not just a box filled with unreliable team mates and campers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom