*****Official BBQ Thread - Suns out, Buns out!*****

Soldato
Based on this thread I've just ordered a Weber Master Touch. Heads up that Go Outdoors stock them, and they will beat any other price by 10%, Riverside Garden Centre currently have them at £199, so that makes it £180 if my maths is right (will confirm when I pick it up later). Seems a decent price! :)

Edit: I was indeed able to get the weber master touch BBQ and cover for £201 by using price match at go outdoors :)

Im sure youll enjoy it. I got mine a month or so ago and weather only permited me to using for the first time yesterday and today. Did you get a chimney starter too?

Associate
Yeah chimney starter is a must have imo. Just makes it much easier to get going and you can light it, leave it for 20mins then prep your food whilst it gets going. I just use a single wood wool natural lighter underneath.

Soldato
That's some dedication levels I am not ready to commit too yet!

I rigged up a ghetto shelter for my smoker with a tarp and held it in place with some old doors and a wheelbarrow so I could smoke in the rain and wind.. Roll on when I get the garden sorted and can build a proper smoke shack! :D

If you've got a camping stove you can stick the chimney starter on that and get it going, I find it easier than firelighters etc.

Soldato
Definitely impressed by the chimney starter, exactly as described, filled with briquettes, bit of newspaper underneath, light, stick chimney on top, go grab a cider and wait :D

Maybe not as fancy as some, but christening with some BBQ sauce marinated ribs, smoked with some whiskey flavoured chips

View attachment 4EFWRk7.jpg

Got a few burgers and sausages to chuck on as well, smells bloody amazing so far!! :D

Soldato
Soldato
Dude get yourself to Home Bargains! You can get yourself a bag of them for far less than that!

What chimney start do people recommend and what briquettes/coals please?

Oh wow really? I'll definitely be popping to a Home Bargains at some point then (twice they've come up in conversation today, must be a sign :p)

I use the Weber Chimney as it came with my BBQ, but it's a good one to be fair. As for Briquettes used the Weber ones which have been ok, however ordered some Aussie Heat Beads which are highly recommended.

Soldato
I'm doing a steak night for 10 people this Saturday. It's the volume which frightens me more than anything else.
I was thinking:

4 x Rib of beef (Reverse seared on ProQ Frontier)
Couple of baked Dauphinoise potatoes trays
Asparagus (BBQ then keep warm in oven)
Roasted Green beans with Harissa & Almonds
Sweet Potato Fries
Green Salad
Avocado Salad
Tomato & Mozzarella Salad

Bearnaise Sauce

Anything else which I can prepare in advance and make life easier for myself? Do people think 4 x Ribs is preferable, or should I get 10 x individual steaks and let people cook themselves? That seems a bit cheeky?

Associate
Has anyone had any experience with the Traeger grills/smokers? I admit that I have only scimmed through a few of the recent pages and intend to read the lot but felt it would save time to just ask.

*Edit* Sorry my bad, Didn't anticipate the search function on the forums working so well. Would still be interested to hear what any Traeger owners think about the products.

Last edited:
Soldato
I got the grill going for the first time in about 8 months and made something I haven't made in about 2 years - bacon wrapped pork tenderloin stuffed with cream cheese and jalapeños.

It took about 3hrs @ 275F so quite a quick cook. When it was done on the grill it went under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp up the bacon on top.

Before:
IMG_1972.jpg

After:

IMG_1977.jpg

Back
Top Bottom