• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Official Catalyst 9.12

Soldato
Sometimes internet explorer goes all flickery with these drivers.... (9.12's and the hotfix).

Anyone else find that ?

I have just experienced this issue aswell, but im on 9.11 hotfix now:confused:

shutting internet and then reopening it has stopped it but it was everywhere the mouse pointed to some kind of link it would flicker:mad:

Associate
Bit a of noob question here.

Having not purchased an ATI card for a while (X1900XT was my last) is it safe to assume that it will take them a few months to release optimised drivers for their current batch of (5***) cards? Just wanted to know if they generally sort out any niggles before moving on to the next gen release. Also how often do they release updated drivers, slightly confused by these Hotfix updates.

Regards,

Ax.

Soldato
ATI release drivers each month.
this year you have the 9 series as we're in 2009. next year will be 10.1 > 10.12. the number after represents the month they are released. 9.1 > 9.12.

The 9.12 are the latest and most optimized drivers for the 58** series. the hot fix is basically an update to the existing release to fix issues which have occurred or they missed.

some see the monthly updates as ATI constantly having to fix things but others see it as a good thing and you know you only have to go a month before the issue (if you have one) is sorted.

Soldato
Definately going back to 9.11's.

i had the framerate drop to 50fps in Forgotten Hope 2 (BF2 mod) last night....WTF!!!

On 9.11's that NEVER happened, min 90fps..

Associate
i cant help but think that people are installing the drivers wrong.

Ive not had any major problems with the new seires,

The only major problem I have had is with the crossfire and the 5970s but thats has cleared up.

When I had the 2 x 5870s as my main cards before i put them in my other halfs machine they worked flawlessly

Associate
Dragon Age is fine for me too at 1920x1080. My steam overlay is not working now though like when it first came out with Ati drivers. Im still on DX9 though so that could be it.

Associate
Tried playing The Saboteur with these, coupled with the new game update, and they absolutely cripple the frame rate.. not that's its playable anyway with the massive amount of texture flicker still occuring.

Soldato
What i really dont get is how come xbox 360 and ps3 dosnt need constant updates and hotfixes, why is pc gaming so different, its like were going backwards and things just get worse and worse with any new game or driver release, something is allways messed up with pc gaming, yet i can go and get dirt 2 for xbox 360 tommorow in the knowledge i can put it in a 4 year old machine and it will play fine.

Soldato
What i really dont get is how come xbox 360 and ps3 dosnt need constant updates and hotfixes, why is pc gaming so different, its like were going backwards and things just get worse and worse with any new game or driver release, something is allways messed up with pc gaming, yet i can go and get dirt 2 for xbox 360 tommorow in the knowledge i can put it in a 4 year old machine and it will play fine.

Errr RROD? YLOD?

Anyway the PS3 and XBOX 360 are both closed platform, just like it lets apple get their OS spot on for the hardware its running on, the software can be tailored to a specific hardware sets avoiding incompatability issues and making testing much easier.

Back
Top Bottom