• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Official Catalyst 9.12

Soldato
well using the 9.12's in dirt and it has become very lagy feeling in the corners, going back to hotfix 9.11's as they were pefect for dirt 2, also in need for speed shift my headlights and brakes lights flash like crazy and performance has also dropped in that for me.

just to add though the dirt 2 benchmark is showing 60 fps, with fraps running it shows more like 40 in game

edit,,, well reinstalled 9.11's and problems appeared gone, so fired up fraps and then the laggy feeling was back, seems like fraps is screwing my system somewhere and affecting gameplay:confused:

Last edited:
Caporegime
It is, but, I'd wished I'd bought a sapphire vapor-x 5870 instead of a 5970. There is nothing out there to test it, especially in quad-fire. I did give a review of my sapphire 5970 with 3 stars..... but it seems like OcUK won't put it up ?

What type of fps do you get in crysis at max res dx10 very high?

Soldato
First of some benchmarks I'm running, this being the most important one :p vantage now officially rocks on my 5870.

capturecb.jpg

I'm close enough to taste it:

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dmv=1697343

Soldato
lol Are you really that sad to notice 1-2 fps difference? ever think its nothing to do with the drivers!

well let me see was you sitting in front of my system when i ran 3x 3d marks then was you in front of it again after i installed 9.12 drivers and ran another 3x 3d marks.NO DIDN'T THINK SO CLEARY YOU HAVE SOME SELF CONFIDENCE ISSUES TRYING TO LOOK CLEVER ON A FORUM.

Ovr

Ovr

Associate
Weirdly the drivers won't install here on a 4870CF setup ; screens both flicker, but then don't come back to a signal forcing a reset :( Even more weirdly is that when I boot up again they're installed and working fine?!?

Associate
Weirdly the drivers won't install here on a 4870CF setup ; screens both flicker, but then don't come back to a signal forcing a reset :( Even more weirdly is that when I boot up again they're installed and working fine?!?

This is what happened to me using the leaked versions on wednesday, but didn't have the problem with ones downloaded from ATI's site.

Associate
K, My issues.....

Flickering shadows in GTA IV.

Crysis starts at 24hz at 1080p......... My monitor does not support 24hz, can't see a damn thing. This and Crysis Warhead is officially broken.

Although feels smoother there are now seizure inducing flickering flashbangs in MW2, this did not happen in 9.11.

Dirt 2...... Awesome. 60FPS locked maxxed

Vantage..... 3000 point boost.

Whens the hotfix? Worst set of drivers for a long time issues wise I think. Disappointed.

Same problem with me with Crysis and Warhead, alt tabbing a few times correct Crysis for me to 60hz but this does not work for Warhead. Also limited to 50hz in nba2k10. Went back to the Hemlock drivers from 11 November and fixed. Benchmarks for me with the older drivers higher in heaven benchmark, dirt 2 etc the only benchmark with worse performance was vantage.

MCH

MCH

Associate
i have artifacting in some parts of most css maps and small black squares flickering on the menu screen on css . I also have Long defects in the scenery on Heroes of Newerth , the card is running at good temps and is stock , is this a driver issue ?

Back
Top Bottom