*** Official Dota 2 Thread ***

Soldato
Had some mixed games lately.

Dota has an immensely toxic gaming community, although its part of the entertainment for me at times.

I had a game the other day when I missed a few last hits early as it was my first game of the day. The support I had in lane took offence to this and started to ping every two seconds and then refuse to help me.

He then left me on 10% hp and refused to heal me. Then when I got ganked 2 minutes later by a Spirit breaker he then pinged me more and spammed "Well played". After about 15 minutes of me concentrating on farming I came online. Carried the game to victory and watched this moron gradually quiet down and begin to actually heal me in fights.

Toxic people.

One day I'll get a decent group of friends to play with.

What MMR are you hedge, me and a mate play just the 2 of us most of the time and I would love to get more people to play with. I wouldn't mind losing so much if the team at least worked together and it's because you are outplayed.

Some games it doesn't feel like it matters what I do and the game is a destined loss.

Soldato
Probably about to curse myself for having This thought but I'm on a great run at the moment. Won 15 of my last 20 games and I'm now 21 more wins than losses. Not really playing one hero either, recently won with Bane, Lion, WK, DK, Slardar, Pugna and Pudge. Playing a lot more support in general and love my support heroes that can kill fast like Pugna (still OP as **** when you get Aghs and BKB) and Lion. Keep getting paired in PUG's with the same guy randomly and he's a spot on player, we always end up laning together now and kicking ass which is pleasant for randoms!

Soldato
Just finished 12 wins in a row, then the great depression begins.

Only one game so far, but the loss was so hard, felt like one of those games you're put in to lose.

Our Spectre the main carry went Abysall FIRST, now it's a good item on the hero, but you need to be able to survive to do anything with it, an the person just wouldn't listen to any advice, so frustrating.

I expect another 9 or so games like these lol

Soldato
After my great run of 15/20 it hasn't been too bad, actually continued good going 13/20. Had some true horrors like last night where our FV was 0/7 by 9mins :p apart from the horrors still generally going ok right now.

Soldato
What MMR are you Newts?

I'm still 2.5k, I haven't played ranked in almost a year though. Stupid losses were getting me overly stressed out and it just isn't worth it for a game. I still get irritated in normal but I find it easier to shrug off than I used to in ranked.

If they bring back the feature like they did in the last compendium with a "season" rank which, if by the end, is better than your normal mmr it replaces it I may be tempted as I know I'm way better than I was a year ago but tbh I don't need the stress it used to cause me :p

Soldato
I was going to say if you ever want someone to play with me and my mate play

I'm 3.5 and he's 3.3, only ever really played as a duo and we aren't bothered about MMR, just have better games in ranked.

If you ever fancy a game 3 is better than 2 (hopefully!)

Soldato
Been playing some group ranked with 2 or 3 peeps and the MMR distribution is mostly fair compared to non-ranked.

Although you still get the odd 4.6-5k solo MMR player who goes party with a really low 3k range MMR. Those games are tough :D

It's nice having the chance to ban some heroes too.

Soldato
I was going to say if you ever want someone to play with me and my mate play

I'm 3.5 and he's 3.3, only ever really played as a duo and we aren't bothered about MMR, just have better games in ranked.

If you ever fancy a game 3 is better than 2 (hopefully!)

I may give you a shout somtime bud, add me on steam if you want, AxeTacular (I went through an Axe phase :p)

I've hit my bad spell after my good run, 4 sub 40min losses on the bounce every one with toxic players who just aren't interested for whatever reason. See how long it lasts for!

Associate
Does anyone know where the disable help option is on the mac version?

Keep getting into games with an IO player who thinks it's hilarious to transport people onto the unreachable plateaus.

Soldato
Nice come back on the Luna, not sure how the naga failed so hard though, especially with a warlock that had aggs/refresher.

The rocks were just dying way too fast once I had farm.

I think the big issue for them was Naga, Tusk and Clock all have to be on me to fight me, the rocks too. I would bkb, satanic and ult. Then bouncing glaives would do the rest. Plus we had tree to hold them all in place for my ult + glaives and then Elder Titan throwing his ult through.

Back
Top Bottom