*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Soldato
reminds me of DAOC keep taking, if you was defending a siege, often the 3rd realm would wait nearby til the siegers broke through the door and rushed the keep lord, then come bombing in behind to wipe everyone, hilarious fun

Man of Honour
Colour me impressed if they have battles of this scale and its not lag feast, I don't really believe it, but hey what do I know.

Well to be totally fair, some people in my guild did say that they were getting lag in PvP, some spikes. Neither myself or my other half experienced lag though, my machine had all the settings max'ed and I was in several fights of a similar size to that video (and at least one fight which was considerably bigger than that one) , was all lag free for me. Could be that I was just lucky, or that my high end PC helped. Dont know.

Man of Honour
One thing I would like to mention about the PvP in this...its something which annoyed me about sieging in GW2.

In ESO, when you have finished with your siege weapon, you can pack it back up and use it again elsewhere. As long as its not destroyed you can dismantle it and use it again.

Used to annoy me in GW2 that a perfectly good siege weapon and the supply that it took to build it, was useless after it had been used once.

Permabanned
Well to be totally fair, some people in my guild did say that they were getting lag in PvP, some spikes. Neither myself or my other half experienced lag though, my machine had all the settings max'ed and I was in several fights of a similar size to that video (and at least one fight which was considerably bigger than that one) , was all lag free for me. Could be that I was just lucky, or that my high end PC helped. Dont know.

Yeah in GW2 loads of people would complain of lag but I hardly ever had anything, so think high end machine coupled with a 120mB line helps.

But back to this watched a bit of that video (at work so can't watch much) and there was about 50/60 in that group (think I'm being generous here)
But, and it's a big but if they getting 3 way battle say with around 50 a side and little or no lag I would be very happy with that.

Man of Honour
Yeah in GW2 loads of people would complain of lag but I hardly ever had anything, so think high end machine coupled with a 120mB line helps.

But back to this watched a bit of that video (at work so can't watch much) and there was about 50/60 in that group (think I'm being generous here)
But, and it's a big but if they getting 3 way battle say with around 50 a side and little or no lag I would be very happy with that.

Quite possibly bigger than that even, as I say, one of the fights I was in had a few hundred on each side ( in a 3 way fight ).

Its hard to tell what graphics settings he has on in that video, always difficult with MMOs to judge how high the settings are as MMO graphics tend to always be more plain than non-MMOs. Looking at the video though, I'd say he may be on High there, not quite Ultra. I had mine on Ultra in the beta and had no lag in the big fights, even when the enemy had 16 trebuchets firing at us lol

Permabanned
Quite possibly bigger than that even, as I say, one of the fights I was in had a few hundred on each side ( in a 3 way fight ).

Its hard to tell what graphics settings he has on in that video, always difficult with MMOs to judge how high the settings are as MMO graphics tend to always be more plain than non-MMOs. Looking at the video though, I'd say he may be on High there, not quite Ultra. I had mine on Ultra in the beta and had no lag in the big fights, even when the enemy had 16 trebuchets firing at us lol

Sounds really good m8, guess we will see (well you guys will as I have not bought the game, be the first major MMO we have not joined as a guild)

Never know if these epic battles work out you may very well see an Immortal on the horizon :p

Associate
I think I'm going to go with Dragon Knight, but I don't know what race to pick. I could go with Imperial as I have the Imperial edition, or Nord for two-handed leveling/health regen while in combat.

Orc wouldn't be too bad either? Increases max Health and Stamina by 2%. Increases Health regeneration while in combat by 5%. Reduces Sprint cost by 4% and increases Sprint speed by 3%.

Probably a build like this: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/nord-2hnd-sword-dps-build/

Associate
hi guys,
i've pre purchased the imperial edition from game, which comes with 5 days early access as you all probably know. i've redeemed the code for 5 days early access and downloaded the pc client from the elder scrolls site. i was just wondering if it still says it;s the beta for all you guys as well? or if i've managed to download the wrong thing somehow.
thanks in advance.

Soldato
OP
hi guys,
i've pre purchased the imperial edition from game, which comes with 5 days early access as you all probably know. i've redeemed the code for 5 days early access and downloaded the pc client from the elder scrolls site. i was just wondering if it still says it;s the beta for all you guys as well? or if i've managed to download the wrong thing somehow.
thanks in advance.

Did you purchase directly from the site or a 3rd party?

Soldato
OP
no, i bought it from game, as i wanted to get the goodies with it lol. can't get it through teso site.

Ok so i'm guessing you have 2 keys?

Early Access and Game Key?

If not, then I'd assume the 1 key you have is everything you need and upon release it'll convert to retail.

Have you downloaded the client? And have you set the region to Europe?

Soldato
So this is apparently 300v500 PvP battle:

My one over-riding impression is while the game run well on his rig, with his lowish settings, the guy was a total noob. Probably a wow PVP'er, anyone playing a ranged class that grew up playing DAOC would have had a lot of fun in that situation.

Still, the game looks wicked fun, typical chokepoint fight, i was expecting a 3rd realm rush from behind though, admittedly i only watched 5mins or so of the video though because that guy had no clue what he was doing.

Soldato
OP
My one over-riding impression is while the game run well on his rig, with his lowish settings, the guy was a total noob. Probably a wow PVP'er, anyone playing a ranged class that grew up playing DAOC would have had a lot of fun in that situation.

Still, the game looks wicked fun, typical chokepoint fight, i was expecting a 3rd realm rush from behind though, admittedly i only watched 5mins or so of the video though because that guy had no clue what he was doing.

This is one of my biggest concerns.

With an entire MMO generation brought up on hand holding PvP in the form of Battlegrounds, people wont understand what to do and have to drive to do it. They are too used to having the content told to them and brought to them.

Associate
Ok so i'm guessing you have 2 keys?

Early Access and Game Key?

If not, then I'd assume the 1 key you have is everything you need and upon release it'll convert to retail.

Have you downloaded the client? And have you set the region to Europe?

I got my early access code and redeemed that. however, i just checked my emails and it states i'll get the game code as soon as it's available. i have 5 days early access so i'm guessing it'll be sent on the 31st. or at least i'm hoping lol.

having a problem downloading it now though, i had to uninstall it as for some reason it said it was corrupt and when clicking repair it did nothing.
so now i'm downloading it again, but it's only 24% through and i apparently only have 146MB left.. which obviously isn't right, seeing as it was 20 odd gig.

so god knows.. looks like i wont be getting my early access at this rate :mad:

Back
Top Bottom