*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Soldato
I like a bit of pvp. Which means it over complicates my build. My only issue with stampler builds is pretty much mashing biting jabs all the time. I think I need to mix the moves up a bit.
If you want to mix moves try a Magblade. It was my first character and something I always go back to even though it's changed beyond belief since I created it. It took me a while to get the rotation and I'm sure I could do it better. It still feels very squishy and I mainly use it for crafting now. This is why I like the Stamplar just bashing buttons :)

Soldato
If you want to mix moves try a Magblade. It was my first character and something I always go back to even though it's changed beyond belief since I created it. It took me a while to get the rotation and I'm sure I could do it better. It still feels very squishy and I mainly use it for crafting now. This is why I like the Stamplar just bashing buttons :)

I'll have a look thanks. I was looking at builds last night. Considering dual blades for pvp and the 2h/bow for pve. And then just switching skills when required. Just need to get enough skill points....

Associate
I can't seem to get the skyshard and books add on's working. Ive doownloaded minion, and installed the mods through it, but it says it needs all this other stuff?

It may require extra libs to be installed. Check the addon and it will say required libs, then just search for those in minion and install them.

for example; Skyshards map; https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info128-SkyShards.html requires the following;

Associate
I thought it grabbed any dependant libraries automatically, but if it didn't each mod usually put the list of dependancies at the top of the description, usually with links directly to said library.

Soldato
Ok this could be a silly question.

When you look at builds it typically lists 3 monster sets or craftable sets. So say I get to 160cp. I craft a set or grind for one. Then I've out levelled it in no time?

I mean do you tend to hold on to sets for a couple of hundred cp all the way to 810?? Or do you keep grinding or crafting the same set at intervals?

Associate
It may require extra libs to be installed. Check the addon and it will say required libs, then just search for those in minion and install them.

for example; Skyshards map; https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info128-SkyShards.html requires the following;

I tried searching for them through minion and it doesnt find most of them. Ill have a go at installing then seperately. I have installed a mini map, which is a big help.

Soldato

When you look at builds it typically lists 3 monster sets or craftable sets. So say I get to 160cp. I craft a set or grind for one. Then I've out levelled it in no time?

I mean do you tend to hold on to sets for a couple of hundred cp all the way to 810?? Or do you keep grinding or crafting the same set at intervals?

Sets do not level after CP160. its largely why anything prior to that is moot for most the part in keeping. At CP160 you can focus on building / crafting up your collection of sets.

Associate
I tried searching for them through minion and it doesnt find most of them. Ill have a go at installing then seperately. I have installed a mini map, which is a big help.

It found them all when I tried. Search for the name in Minion that appears in the title on those links, as it looks like the skyshard addon creator has changed the names e.g LibAddonMenu-2.0 is actually just LibAddonMenu

Associate
It found them all when I tried. Search for the name in Minion that appears in the title on those links, as it looks like the skyshard addon creator has changed the names e.g LibAddonMenu-2.0 is actually just LibAddonMenu

Got that 1 and custom compass pins. Last 3 it finds nothing. If the name to search isn't the name is says how am i supposed to find them? IU thought this program was meant to make it easy lol.

Soldato

Minion found them all for me too. Make sure you click on the Find More tab, been caught out by that before. You don't even have to type in the full name before the options show.

Soldato

Builds on sites like Alcast are aimed at people who want to wring every last drop out of their gear. I usually get the 2nd lot as it's pretty easy to source, the top gear is usually found in trials etc which I have no interest in doing really.

Also get Dressing Room for Harrowstorm addon. You can set it up for different gear,skills for PVE/PVP etc. You can then change gear with a click of the mouse depending on your situation. You do have to have the gear in your inv though.

Associate
Minion found them all for me too. Make sure you click on the Find More tab, been caught out by that before. You don't even have to type in the full name before the options show.

As mentioned, search for the name as it appears in esoui. they can all be found in minion that way

Associate

Excellent, that seems to of done the trick, using the find more tab. Thanks zom!

My headset has turned up today so i can get on discord if needed for dungeons and stuff.

Soldato
Builds on sites like Alcast are aimed at people who want to wring every last drop out of their gear. I usually get the 2nd lot as it's pretty easy to source, the top gear is usually found in trials etc which I have no interest in doing really.

Also get Dressing Room for Harrowstorm addon. You can set it up for different gear,skills for PVE/PVP etc. You can then change gear with a click of the mouse depending on your situation. You do have to have the gear in your inv though.

Sounds like a very useful addon. Cheers

Soldato
It got a bit too complex trying to have 2 different builds for pvp and pve with 3 different weapon sets. So I spent some time looking at a few on alcast and did a hybrid 2h and bow build which seems to be working well. I only need to switch 1 ability in the front bar when going pvp. Used a respec scroll I had and re-used wasted skill points.

Combat is a lot more fun now and seem to synchronise with abilities. CP points I'll have to sort when I hit 160. Currently around 125. Gaining them has slowed a bit. Still in Deshaan!

Soldato
It got a bit too complex trying to have 2 different builds for pvp and pve with 3 different weapon sets. So I spent some time looking at a few on alcast and did a hybrid 2h and bow build which seems to be working well. I only need to switch 1 ability in the front bar when going pvp. Used a respec scroll I had and re-used wasted skill points.

Combat is a lot more fun now and seem to synchronise with abilities. CP points I'll have to sort when I hit 160. Currently around 125. Gaining them has slowed a bit. Still in Deshaan!
Dressing Room is really easy to use and does all the swapping for you. You can have several builds with different gear and skills and change them at the touch of a button. I have a couple for my Magblade - PVP, PVE and one for Delves. The Delves one has all the skills for sneaking so I can basically cloak to the boss, kill and get out without having to kill trash (unless you need to). I finish the Delve, press F2 and select PVE/PVP and it's done.

I've also got an addon for CP that so I can change between PVE/PVP builds, it does cost 3k gold every time you use it but you can make that up selling trash gear/stealing.

Soldato
Dressing Room is really easy to use and does all the swapping for you. You can have several builds with different gear and skills and change them at the touch of a button. I have a couple for my Magblade - PVP, PVE and one for Delves. The Delves one has all the skills for sneaking so I can basically cloak to the boss, kill and get out without having to kill trash (unless you need to). I finish the Delve, press F2 and select PVE/PVP and it's done.

I've also got an addon for CP that so I can change between PVE/PVP builds, it does cost 3k gold every time you use it but you can make that up selling trash gear/stealing.

Thanks will definitely download that.

Soldato
Afternoon guys. Good talking to @Buddy and @Smokey26 last night on Discord :)

We were talking about aiming with a console controller and I mentioned Viva La Dirt League. Buddy and Grov said there no way were they going to google that. :D But they are actually pretty funny and not in any way "dirty".

So here are a couple of videos from their You Tube channel. The first is about console aiming.

And after learning more about Grov, I imagine this is what he is like in PVP :p:D

Back
Top Bottom