*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Soldato
Come on you can't be that naive surely? They all say that in the beginning - Rift, WoW, TSW, AoC, LoTR - none planned cash shops. Like I said, it's a sign of the times and a slippery slope once started. The only question is how long ESO will run before it happens. It may not be in at the start, but it will arrive (within this year I predict) and you just have to hope they don't pull any nonsense with the stuff they sell in there.

If it's one thing I hate about this sector, it's cash shops :mad:

Soldato
OP
Come on you can't be that naive surely? They all say that in the beginning - Rift, WoW, TSW, AoC, LoTR - none planned cash shops. Like I said, it's a sign of the times and a slippery slope once started. The only question is how long ESO will run before it happens. It may not be in at the start, but it will arrive (within this year I predict) and you just have to hope they don't pull any nonsense with the stuff they sell in there.

If it's one thing I hate about this sector, it's cash shops :mad:

I have no doubt that a form of pet and mount store will be coming, but as of now and as of release there is not a cash shop.

Cash shop is a dirty word, which is why the WS fanboy losers keep popping in this thread and spreading there crap.

There is no botting, no bots exist.
There is no cash shop, as of now and launch there isn't a cash shop.
There is no more AHK hacking, as the API has been closed.

They keep coming in and trying to find something negative and then making it out like its true.

Wish they would just grow up. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Soldato
OP
It's telling that the VP of PR & Marketing actually calls it a cash shop, even though he claims it will only have account services:

http://elderscrollsotr.mymiddleeart...-scrolls-online-will-have-microstransactions/

As soon as people race through the content and sub figures start to fall, it's the first place they'll look. Convenience items, dyes, mount, slippery slopes etc :)

And is quickly rebutted by:

http://teso.junkiesnation.com/2013/09/07/paul-sage-off-the-record/

Sage confirms that Matt Firor simply picked his words poorly when he mentioned there would be a cash shop on top of the subscription fee. Sage says that Firor was talking about things like name changes – things you cannot normally do in the course of your gameplay. He even states that to his knowledge there is no cash shop.

:)

Seriously, you hate this game, why are you still trying to cause trouble and spread false information?

Last edited:
Associate
Latest PTS build has the new add on limitation, FTC or foundery tactical combat add on is disabled as they have closed off their API.

Do you have the full patch notes for this?

Why would they close off the API, sounds like the worst idea ever, there were some great addons coming through as well on esoui.

Soldato
Lol nice edit with the massive text :p

Wildstar doesn't interest me in the slightest so not been in that thread but now I have, I can see what you mean lol. I bitch about ESO because I am going to be playing it, and right now, it's not really what I want and certain aspects of it I find very disappointing. My big hope is still the PvP aspect, and if it means I have to trudge through dreary PvE quests to L10 to get there, so be it.

I'm not sure I see the point of say, me posting in the WS thread about how awful the game is or how much better ESO will be if I'm not interested in it in the slightest :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
Do you have the full patch notes for this?

Why would they close off the API, sounds like the worst idea ever, there were some great addons coming through as well on esoui.

I think its for Addon testers only, so getting the patch notes will be difficult.

I think they are finalising the API, maybe they closed off too much? No idea.

Soldato
God help us Latex, relax! I have the Imperial edition pre-ordered, I'm as excited for the game as anyone here.

I'm also realist enough to acknowledge the financial realities of MMO lifecycles. How do you know the rebuttal wasn't damage control? "oh crap, the VP mentioned the cash shop, quick, post something denying it all!"

I'm not here to destroy the game's rep before it's launched, but if you want to go off the rails every time someone dares to post anything even vaguely negative, off you go, and keep taking the tablets. Or start taking them. Please.

Soldato
Ok so whose playing and has a guild and that guild has room for more people?:) im sure theres plenty of us here who are intending to play and have no guild or friends heading into it, would be good to get into one place :)

Soldato
OP
God help us Latex, relax! I have the Imperial edition pre-ordered, I'm as excited for the game as anyone here.

I'm also realist enough to acknowledge the financial realities of MMO lifecycles. How do you know the rebuttal wasn't damage control? "oh crap, the VP mentioned the cash shop, quick, post something denying it all!"

I'm not here to destroy the game's rep before it's launched, but if you want to go off the rails every time someone dares to post anything even vaguely negative, off you go, and keep taking the tablets. Or start taking them. Please.

No need to get butthurt because you where proved wrong again.

If your not against it and your not here to be a WS moron, then contribute by at least proving information that is true. And support people who lack knowledge of the game.

Associate
Ok so whose playing and has a guild and that guild has room for more people?:) im sure theres plenty of us here who are intending to play and have no guild or friends heading into it, would be good to get into one place :)

On this topic, how does the guild system work? Can you have multiple sides join a guild or have we all got to be on the same side?

If we have gotta be all the same side, how will we pick a side?? :confused:

Soldato
OP
On this topic, how does the guild system work? Can you have multiple sides join a guild or have we all got to be on the same side?

If we have gotta be all the same side, how will we pick a side?? :confused:

Not to sure about picking sides etc, but I think there faction specific and you can join up to 5 I think. Because there is no auction house you can expect trading guilds to be quite exclusive.

Associate
Depends on if we all want to play the same alliance I guess! I suspect I'll be daggerfall covenant.

What class/race/build are people thinking?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Depends on if we all want to play the same alliance I guess! I suspect I'll be daggerfall covenant.

What class/race/build are people thinking?

I'll be in the Aldmeri Dominion , as thats the faction my guild has voted to go with.

I'll have 3 main characters, a high elf bow/resto staff Templar, a khajiit nightblade and an imperial dragonknight

Back
Top Bottom