Not open for further replies.
Associate
OP
1. Time: 1:08.650
2. Car: McLaren
3. View: Cockpit
4. Controller: DFGT
5. Assists Used: None, manual gears

Sorry but that time is invalid because you have not provided a screenshot of your time.

Mr.Fantastic, looks like you've put me down twice on the leaderboard at 8th and 11th, and the evidence screenshot didn't link properly. Also, Deko's time should be 1:05:228. ;)

Thanks.... fixed, Deko's time is correct because there is no post with the time of 1:05.228 belonging to him.

Associate
Yeah, I never made a screenshot for that time so it doesn't count for the competition, was planning to go straight back on and better that time anyway, I just haven't had any time this week. Full day tomorrow though, not going to give up until i'm faster than Mr.F :)

Is there anyway to see sector times on time trial laps?

Unfortunately not, I would love if there was some kind of telemetry output, LFS or Ferrari Virtual Academy style, unfortunately not.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like I'll be missing Abu Dhabi cos my PSU decided to die on me today. Just went "BANG" and I have no money til end of month to get a new one. Will try and see if I can lend a PSU off a friend til then. Some cracking laptimes though :D

Associate
Slight improvement:

1. Time: 1:05:807
3. View: T-Cam
4. Controller: Logitech DF GT steering wheel
5. Assists Used: All off, accept medium TC and racing line in corners only.

f12010game2010110619031.jpg

Associate
It only took me 90 laps :D :D

1. Time: 1:04.840
4. Controller: G25
5. Assists Used: None

f12010game2010110620395.jpg

That was an ordeal. I done a 1:05.00 dead on about lap 15, then just couldn't hook up a faster lap. My ultimate lap must be low 04's.

Associate
1. Time: 1:07:163
4. Controller: Xbox Controller

saopaulotime.jpg

Seems like this is my Peak Time, but i know i can gain time :confused: :confused:. Need to start braking that little later i think.

Associate
1. Time: 1:06:629
4. Controller: Logitech GT
5. Assists Used: tc med

I know Im missing a second in the lap as on this lap I lost almost a second through sec 2&3! Reckon my best will be low 5's maybe a 4! I am still configging the wheel.

Last edited:
Soldato
deko, just amazing time, congrats!

Hey guys, I posted this at the CM and RD forum. I discovered a fairly simple procedure if you feel like removing ghostcars.

I've been experimenting with folders.
Do this at your own risk.
But if you follow my instructions, you should be fine.
This is for PC players.

Firstly, launch game, go to 'My F1'/edit profile, and disable autosave and disable save ghostcars, save the changes, and exit game.

Next, go to C:/Users/yourname/My Documents/My Games/FormulaOne/savegame and you should see four folders, two Autosave and two PB. BACK THEM ALL UP FIRST! See screenshot:

Autosave & Personal Best folders

autosaves.jpg

Once backed up, delete the two PB folders only, as in screenshot:

Personal Best folders

pbfolders.jpg

Now go to your main game folder, (Mine is C:/Games/Steam/Steam/steamapps/common/f1 2010)

and BACKUP the 'ghostlaps' folder first! Once backed up, delete it, see screenshot:

Ghostlaps
ghostlapsfolder.jpg

Load up the game, go to time trial, select your car and track. You'll still see your personal best time, but when you press continue you'll see this:

f12010game2010110620141.jpg

Then it'll go into the game. Load your car setup if you have one saved, and once on the track, you won't see anything in the top left of the screen except your name. No ghostcar.

Enable autosave again while keeping 'save ghost cars' to 'OFF'. It then gave me the usual autosave message about how all data will be autosaved and not to switch off while it saves. After that, I loaded time trial again, got the message in my screenshot again that I posted above which says ' ghost lap autoload failed', continued to the track, and no ghost car. Came back to 'My F1' and checked my edit profile to see if autosave was still on (yep) and save ghost cars was still off (yep). So, this should still update your new times, but with no ghost car to worry about.

And the icing on the cake is, you can still download and race against any ghost car when in time trial, even your own from the leaderboard. When you exit time trial and reload it, you'll still have no ghostcar on the track unless you download one again. So you now have the best of both worlds :)

When you want to revert everything, just put all your backup files back in the same places you deleted them from, that's PB folders and ghostlaps folder. Even replace your backup Autosave folders if anything goes wrong. I tested this by then replacing my ghostlap folder, autosave and PB folders, and everything was as before.

**IMPORTANT NOTE: I found out that this only works for tracks you've already set a personal best on before deleting files. If you haven't already set a basic PB first (as slow as you want) with a default ghost car, the game will crash if you delete the files mentioned above. This has been confirmed by some people that tried my fix. It worked ok for them though after setting a PB first before deleting files. I quote from a player at CM: " I did the same, at Suzuka, where I hadn't previously set a PB. Restored files, set a time, removed files and I was able to TT without the Ghost. Seems you just need to have "saved" a PB at a track before you can run without the Ghost"

For me, my game crashes for some reason even when I follow my procedure for other tracks other than sao paulo. Sao paulo still works for me with no ghostcar though. I don't know know why, maybe my steam install is unstable, but it may not crash for you, assuming you already set a PB first.

Last edited:
Associate
Best I can do, managed to pick up a bit of time after turning the racing line off. Great track.

1. Time: 1:05:674
4. Controller: G25

F1_2010_game2010-11-0720-56-29-76.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom