**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Soldato
Gave it a quick go last night after years since my last fallout jaunt but I don't remember the performance being this bad, considering my pc is about 10 times more powerful than it was when F4 came out.
Did the initial intro, got out of the vault and a minute later it crashes to desktop.

Well done Bethesda...

Associate
Gave it a quick go last night after years since my last fallout jaunt but I don't remember the performance being this bad, considering my pc is about 10 times more powerful than it was when F4 came out.
Did the initial intro, got out of the vault and a minute later it crashes to desktop.

Well done Bethesda...
i had something similar and had to disable Weapon debris in the launcher, lots of others had the same problem

Associate
Amazing that this is the best they could do. "Next gen" with no graphical improvements, broken mods, long standing bugs remain, stretched HUD. Slow clap.....
New binary = Fallout / Skyrim Scripting Extension will break and need a new version, so broken mods was always a given!

They really rally need to get the next elder scrolls right. Hopefully all of what has happened wakes them up to get it right.

Airborne pigs are far more likely IMO.

Let's say TES6 in 2028, then give it 2 to 3 years for the modding community to fix it... I for one don't expect to be playing TES6 until around 2030 or so.

And that's assuming they don't kill modding with crazy Microsoft subscription model.

Exactly! Fallout 76, Starfield, now this... Sayonara TES 6 if Todd doesn't leave!

As long as Todd is on charge it will be the "our best Elder Scrolls ever" with lots of hyped features... Most of which will exist solely in Todd's mind!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Am enjoying my second playthrough, but some of the loading times are so long even on a nvme drive.

Same as original Fallout 4

FIX

However this is needed...
Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE)

The 2024-04-25 Fallout 4 update (1.10.980 and later) has broken F4SE and the rest of the native code modding scene similarly to Skyrim's "Anniversary Edition" patch. I am working on an update and cannot currently offer a timeline for its availability, nor whether there will be any critical technical issues that would block an update. If not obvious already, this one is going to take much longer than normal. Do not email with questions.

Which hasn't been updated for the latest next gen, hence breaking mods :(:(

Last edited:
Caporegime
Been playing fo 76 instead since never played it and tbh, it's great! 21.9 looks to be working out of the box too.

Sadly it's broken for a lot of ultra-wide monitors, showing "native" but it's not the true resolution of the actual desktop. 2752x1152 showing as native when it should be 3440x1440

Caporegime
Sadly it's broken for a lot of ultra-wide monitors, showing "native" but it's not the true resolution of the actual desktop. 2752x1152 showing as native when it should be 3440x1440

FO 76 or FO 4? I was going to play FO 4 with this patch but read the comments and thought nah....

Associate
If you're talking about the official one, it's generally regarded as mediocre compared to mods IIRC while also being huge.
Yeah you are correct, I had to disable and re-install as wasn't even sure if it was working. I'll likely get rid and get a better one from nexus mods when updated.

Associate
Yeah you are correct, I had to disable and re-install as wasn't even sure if it was working. I'll likely get rid and get a better one from nexus mods when updated.
They do help in some places - mostly because the original ones are so bad. But they only bring it up to what I'd consider to be what it should look like to begin with tbh.

Soldato

Well done Bethesda...
make sure you play fullscreen not borderless full screen - i was the same when i put it on but its fixed after that - have to lock it to 120/144fps in control panel otherwise the audio loses sync.

Im really happy with what they have done, i gave up before due to the way it was so im looking forward to playing it properly for the first time.

Back
Top Bottom