***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Soldato
NO!!!!!!!!

:p

I think Tony should be able to include you as we had a random playing with us last night.

Davoz isnt a random, hes a friend of mine. But yeah, we can get Josh, yourself and Gamble in, that'll work nicely.

I so wanna go for this 10mil Criminal Mastermind..just need a great crew, one that's able to play properly and one that will see it through. Going to be real hard work.

Soldato
Davoz isnt a random, hes a friend of mine. But yeah, we can get Josh, yourself and Gamble in, that'll work nicely.

I so wanna go for this 10mil Criminal Mastermind..just need a great crew, one that's able to play properly and one that will see it through. Going to be real hard work.

I'm not 100% I will be on tonight when you are. Might be on around 6/7pm but will be on most of Saturday daytime and Sunday.

If you see me online when you are, I will definitely join in the heists. :)

Underboss
OP

In! I have taken some man up pills, went to bed cried myself to sleep, woken up and feel less like full blown ear aids.

Pick me, pick me, pick me. I need money! :p

Underboss
OP
Time of the month? He clearly states he wants to play with the "regulars" not that he is one, not that it matters......

Calm down darling. Wanderer is an admin on my TS. It's inside banter.

But feel free too protect him, everyone needs a internet white knight.

You went to play Battlefield and it's boring now :( :p if you're going back to GTA then I'll be on more!

The last time I said we were playing you "went to bed" at 9pm. We did one evening on BF4.

Caporegime
Ok, I need money! Bought myself a couple of new vehicles:D

B6bLsd5.png

K0YfkDb.png

And a quick screenshot comparison FXAA on VS off (both with sweetfx)

H2oUKOa.png

EQH0YX4.jpg

Ah, didn't get the impression that you two knew each other! :p

Will be on after 8 tonight to join you and whoever else for the heist!

Permabanned
Calm down darling. Wanderer is an admin on my TS. It's inside banter.

But feel free too protect him, everyone needs a internet white knight.

The last time I said we were playing you "went to bed" at 9pm. We did one evening on BF4.

Ahh ok, seemed like you may have played GTA to much and thought you were bad ass or something, my bad.

Underboss
OP
Ok, I need money! Bought myself a couple of new vehicles:D

Will be on after 8 tonight to join you and whoever else for the heist!

Pink Scooter! Boss - will be on from around 7, you can't be having take away again. You need help...and vegetables! :D

Ahh ok, seemed like you may have played GTA to much and thought you were bad ass or something, my bad.

Is that a thing? I hope not. I haven't played nearly enough GTA sadly.

I remember that, and that night I was ill and was for a few days :p and not played any games since but I'll start coming on again more.

Thought you played Battlefield more than that, my bad :D

Be on tonight, we shall wreck something. Get Crispy fried lice on and we can race him until he is too drunk to see and just abuses us like normal!

It's ok to give chippy abuse witcher, he is ginger.

This +100000

Soldato
In the graphics settings, you can have:
FXAA On
MSAA x8/off
TXAA Off

Or:
FXAA On
MSAA x4/x2
TXAA On

You cant have FXAA and TXAA on with no MSAA via the GTA graphics settings(unless I missed something but I just tried and with MSAA off TXAA is disabled) so how do you have FXAA and TXAA both on without MSAA?

These two screenshots below aren't the best(black car at night with not much light and the reflections look glitched on the boot lip). I reckon a sunset would be best to show reflections and shadows over a dark coloured metallic painted car, I may try this tomorrow to see if I can something that answers what you are after.

My settings(purely for this test - I don't keep MSAA on normally as anything above x2, my cards try and melt, and the difference between off and x2 doesn't warrant keeping it on IMO):
Everything up full in game in the normal graphics section - nothing touched in advanced.
And I had FXAA On in game
FXAA forced via Nvidia control panel
MSAA x8
TXAA off
(I forgot to reduce blur and turn DOF off, and the image quality may be reduced after uploading)
Without SweetFX
8paLDst.jpg
With SweetFX enabled
9bbKIGs.jpg

I reckon give it a go regardless :) It doesn't overwrite any original GTA files, and can be easily removed by deleting the files and then it goes back to stock. No harm done at all and it may be best you try it so you can see for yourself, on your settings, on your screen - might be easier.

Thx.

And yep, since TXAA is an improved MSAA, the option only becomes available with MSAA on.
I like the sharpened textures in the distance, the stock DoF effect in GTA5 is annoying imho. I'll give it a go next time I fire up gta. I personally use MSAA2x and TXAA and FXAA, TXAA usually gives the same result as 16x MSAA afaik with less performance impact. Or I'm to gullible for marketing nonsense haha, I haven't really made detailed comparisons.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom