***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Permabanned
Purchased GTA5 on steam in sale for £13 however it keeps crashing on startup. I had a cracked pirate version which worked better than the original!
I purchased it for multipllayer but tbh im going to have to request a refund from steam

Soldato
Just started playing this again for the first time in years and checked out 1st person mode which is amazing!

Looking to mod it now for this play through.

Is REDUX or NaturalVision remastered best?

Cheers.

Caporegime
Not played this for a while, noticed id had to sign in again, as they'd changed the T&Cs, had to accept all that guff, and what the hell are those new captcha things about, for No Im Not A Robot, select all the squares with a car in, until theres none left, what a **** on.

Associate
Played this quite a lot on PS4 some years ago and loved previous GTA on PC but never purchased GTA V.

Toyed with the idea of getting it in the recent steam sale. Can anyone give any feedback on what the online community is like this late in the game?

Soldato
what the hell are those new captcha things about, for No Im Not A Robot, select all the squares with a car in, until theres none left, what a **** on.
I thought that was just me, usually have to compete the captcha 2 or 3 times to get in.

They are probably making money off us competing it, no other captcha ever asks me for as much verification as this one.

Soldato
Played this quite a lot on PS4 some years ago and loved previous GTA on PC but never purchased GTA V.

Toyed with the idea of getting it in the recent steam sale. Can anyone give any feedback on what the online community is like this late in the game?

Depends on what you would like to do. If you have some friends or find a good crew, then it can be a lot of fun. However going into it now as a new player is rather daunting as you need a lot of cash to be able to really get on. The whole economy is now geared up towards shark cards and as a new player it is a nightmare. The community itself can be very toxic still and there is significant griefing due to Deluxo and Oppressor vehicles.

New Nightlife DLC is a complete waste of time and cash. It is a total grind with no reward. The clubs are great and the music is fab but the business side is appalling. I have spent a bit of time on it today and made no money. Done resupply mission to make 10K a day on the club where my daily outgoings for business staff alone is now 25K. So that is now 40k in total with vehicle and other stuff every 45 mins for 10K earned for a 6 million club.... As for resupplying biker business's... well just not worth it.

Soldato
Well, after however many years and however many thousands of hours I put into GTA V, I got banned and my progress reset for god knows what.

Uninstalled. Not even that mad, I got a ton of game play out of it and saw most of what the game had to offer. I can't face starting all over again, especially with everything being so damned expensive now.

Soldato
Well, after however many years and however many thousands of hours I put into GTA V, I got banned and my progress reset for god knows what.

Uninstalled. Not even that mad, I got a ton of game play out of it and saw most of what the game had to offer. I can't face starting all over again, especially with everything being so damned expensive now.

That really sucks mate. :(

R* really are being **** atm

Associate
Depends on what you would like to do. If you have some friends or find a good crew, then it can be a lot of fun. However going into it now as a new player is rather daunting as you need a lot of cash to be able to really get on. The whole economy is now geared up towards shark cards and as a new player it is a nightmare. The community itself can be very toxic still and there is significant griefing due to Deluxo and Oppressor vehicles.

New Nightlife DLC is a complete waste of time and cash. It is a total grind with no reward. The clubs are great and the music is fab but the business side is appalling. I have spent a bit of time on it today and made no money. Done resupply mission to make 10K a day on the club where my daily outgoings for business staff alone is now 25K. So that is now 40k in total with vehicle and other stuff every 45 mins for 10K earned for a 6 million club.... As for resupplying biker business's... well just not worth it.

Thanks for the feedback, sounds like much more of a grind than I remember!

That sucks bigtime! :(

Associate

Same here. It's ridiculous that Rockstar can do these automated bans and still maintain the policy of not discussing any account suspension or punishment. Hundreds/thousands of hours gone to waste

Soldato

You should appeal it, can’t remeber who it was but it happened to someone here and they got their stuff back minus some money... was it you strudders?

Soldato
You should appeal it, can’t remeber who it was but it happened to someone here and they got their stuff back minus some money... was it you strudders?

Yeah it was, I got all my stuff back less my $48 million. There were a load of us who had completed the firing range achievement just after the gun running DLC dropped. I had the account back in three days. However I only contacted them one time after the ban as the ticket was closed straight away. Same thing happened in March of this year. Again 2 or 3 days and loads had their accounts restored but loads did not.

R* are shocking when this happens as there is no appeal or redress.

Associate
Just started playing this again for the first time in years and checked out 1st person mode which is amazing!

Looking to mod it now for this play through.

Is REDUX or NaturalVision remastered best?

Cheers.
Redux is really really good, so what if other modders are moaning etc, still shouldn't put you off using it, could all be nothing but jealousy from other modders for all we know.

Back
Top Bottom