***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Soldato
Go into the pause menu and go to Online > Jobs > Races and you can find races in there, you can join other people or host your own.

You can also keep your eye on your phone notifications you'll likely get a few invites through there also.

Once you are in a race lobby it will keep cycling through races so you can stay with it.

Cheers, I tried that but for some reason the menu didn't show the correct options. I'll try again later, must've missed something glaringly obvious!

Soldato
Managed to get it working last night.

Main thoughts:

Great fun, some stupidly OTT MTA:SA-esque moments.

People with modded cars do much better than mere noobs with not much cash like me. Need mo money!

I ended up mostly in the bottom 75% of the races I was in. I used to have a few WRs on MTA and usually placed in the top 10%. I need to practice the tracks.

The analogue stick sucks the big one for steering. I can be so much more precise with the D pad, but this doesn't work. I need to see if there's a way I can get a PlayStation controller of some sort working as the D pads are epic compared to the 360 controller I use.

I'll be doing this for a while I think.

Soldato
Managed to get it working last night.

Main thoughts:

Great fun, some stupidly OTT MTA:SA-esque moments.

People with modded cars do much better than mere noobs with not much cash like me. Need mo money!

I ended up mostly in the bottom 75% of the races I was in. I used to have a few WRs on MTA and usually placed in the top 10%. I need to practice the tracks.

The analogue stick sucks the big one for steering. I can be so much more precise with the D pad, but this doesn't work. I need to see if there's a way I can get a PlayStation controller of some sort working as the D pads are epic compared to the 360 controller I use.

I'll be doing this for a while I think.

:)

Looking up PS controllers work fine on GTA

If you feel up to it you could host a race and select Custom cars to off and everybody will be on a level playing field so to speak as custom cars will not be allowed. However you will get some hate in the chat as most don't like it. However I have come 4th twice on Hotring races with catch up and slip steaming enabled. However it is not really racing

Also I would look up one of the racing crews out there are they would be a good start as they will race fair.

Soldato
Well it seems R* are having another bash at ******* off the PC community by randomly banning people again or just perma banning people coming off bans from last time.

I dread everytime I log on as nobody knows if the ban hammer will fall. Whilst all that is going on we still have loads of modders in sessions.

Man of Honour
free money just for logging into online play, $250k for first log in and $150k every day untill 14th of May,

Southern San Andreas is rewarding the entrepreneurial spirit of its citizens; whether you’re fresh off the plane at LSIA or a longstanding VIP, everyone who logs in to GTA Online this week will qualify for a state sponsored gift of GTA$250K. To keep your hustle running like clockwork, they’ll also slide you an additional GTA$150K for each subsequent day you log in to GTA Online this week, through May 14th. Earn over GTA$1,000,000 for participating every day. All bonus cash awards will be deposited into your Maze Bank account between May 15th and May 21st.

see here for details https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ge...-log-in-until-14th-may-rockstar-games-2937048

Soldato
So for those of us who have zero interest in the MP side of things, SP on this is worth the £20?

Easily, I got around 100h out of SP and it was better than I expected. Lots of fun and superb atmosphere and they've really managed to catch it all visually (the evenings, sunsets, weather - it all looks fantastic).

Soldato
The game is very demanding on graphics you cant go on there and just max everything. Ultra grass and 8x msaa are both very demanding.

Even with a gtx 1080 at 1080p I still have to make comprises if I want to use 8xmsaa and stay above 60fps.
The main one I turn down is the grass because ultra even though it looks amazing tanks framerate too much.

Well good to know, Steam reviews aren't the best but figured it was the MP hate reviews.
A lot of the bad reviews are to do with them stopping modding and people getting banned for modding.

Also bad reviews from people that can't be bothered to earn the the stuff online that get anoyyed people can buy the stuff with real cash.

I think the game is great looks amazing on high end system but also runs well on lower end stuff. Best £20 I spent on pc game.

I haven't really tried single player I just play online enjoy working my way up the ranks and earning new stuff. Just bought my self a really nice house and moved all my vehicles over to it.

Man of Honour
I think the game is great looks amazing on high end system but also runs well on lower end stuff.

im on a i7 920 @ 3.2ghz with a 7950, obviously i cant turn everything up but with the settings i need to hold 60fps is still looks fantastic

on single player i love to go down to Venice Beach at ~8am and load up muscle beach with sticky bombs, then go back there early afternoon when its packed with over grown people with very small genitals and blow them all up :D

ive not played much of the online MP so i only have ~$720k, but il be logging in every day to get the bonus $$ that i posted above

Soldato
Is it too late to get into this now? I did play it lall back when in launched on consols but its online then was cack, seems to of improved now based on gameplay I've seen,

Associate
Theres a massive grind to it.

You need to put hours and hours into it doing business runs making money to be able to buy cars and the newer businesses, unless you pay ridiculous amounts for shark cards.

I normally despise cheaters in games but I was fortunate enough to have a friend who had mods so was able to spawn money. I wouldn't have anywhere near the amount of cars I have if it wasn't for him. I probably wouldn't have put anywhere near the hours I did into the game if it wasn't for him.

Soldato
Is it too late to get into this now? I did play it lall back when in launched on consols but its online then was cack, seems to of improved now based on gameplay I've seen,

Not too late as I doubt they will be bringing out a new GTA any time soon.

The PC version is full of cheaters though. I hardly ever play and even the few times I do log in I encounter a cheater without fail. Signed in last night and was just on my phone in my garage and all of a sudden some guy that was on fire spawns into my garage and kills me...

Soldato

As said there is a massive grind and you will have to get some RP in order to get weapons and armor.

The game is worth it. I rarely see cheaters as I stick to solo public sessions or solo with friends doing CEO, VIP work and heists. However we are all very high ranks and the chance of low ranks joining our sessions once set is much lower.

Making money is easy solo atm as contact missions are x2 cash and RP. Unfortunately that finishes Tuesday as does the 250K login bonus.

Best way to make lots of money is to join a good crew and do heists. Pac will payout 400K if you get a 25% host and once you get the hang of Doomsday heist act 2 you can make 600K in an hour and a half between two of you.

Saying all that. It is a grind and will be frustrating in public if you are a low rank and there are cheaters and Deluxo/Oppressor/Akula griefers around.

Back
Top Bottom