***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Associate
Had a lot of problems just trying to get online. It took me around an hour of trying to get online after the game just refusing to connect to rockstar social club. I get online and then complete the tutorial race for me to end up stuck in the car park after the short cutscene with Lamar. I couldn't seem to access any menus, exit the vehicle, rotate the camera or anything. I just quit there and then.

Tempted just to ask for a refund.

Associate
Done the last Heist and one guy died
landing his parachute on a rock in front of the boat

It was pretty funny.

I'll host it again tomorrow evening around 7pm if someone wants to join.

Associate
Gah I thought I was getting somewhere with the stuttering by setting the audio to 16bit 41000hz but I can not get past mission 34 I think. Its called Blitz play. When you have killed all the police and get into the hidden getaway car as Franklin, Michael calls and as soon as you change to him. Crash. Twice in a row.

Any one have any solutions?

Go into settings- start up and select landing page on. Then quit the game and restart, it should work

Man of Honour
There are quite a few high level people floating about now - wish I had that kind of time. Enjoying online a lot more now that I have levelled up and have access to more activities. Finally lead my first heist last night and have purchased the armoured car after seeing so many people use it - slightly overpowered, but fun nonetheless :)

Associate
I have a 7990 and have no problem playing the game, also using 15.4 drivers and using a steam copy of GTA.

Could some of the game files need fixing?

The issues only started happening a week ago, I was fine on launch.

I think I have sorted it though by reinstalling social club, played for 2 hours last night doing jobs/races/free mode and not a single crash. I couldn't even load 90 percent of the time and would crash within 2-3 minutes previously.

Some of the game modes online are so much fun :D Shame you have to do a bit of digging just to access them to play with friends, but they can be loads of fun, especially the ones they added in the latest patch. Hasta La Vista is hilarious seeing a swarm of trucks just annihilate innocent bikers as they fly off the side of a cliff, and the Siege Mentality is just so damn tense, managed to hold off for most of the round with just a few seconds left, but somehow someone managed to flank from behind and climb up the side of building to shank me in the back :D

Associate
I keep getting a crash to desktop "GTA stopped working" at the same point every time. Always after getting on the bikes at the first Franklin and Mike job.

Anyone got a work around? I've tried taking off all OC's and it crashed even earlier. Tried putting it back to 1080p and lowered the grass to normal. I'm nowhere near my GTX980 ram limit.

Soldato
I keep getting a crash to desktop "GTA stopped working" at the same point every time. Always after getting on the bikes at the first Franklin and Mike job.

Anyone got a work around? I've tried taking off all OC's and it crashed even earlier. Tried putting it back to 1080p and lowered the grass to normal. I'm nowhere near my GTX980 ram limit.

If it is a cut scene, just space bar it past it.

I had it on several cut scenes at exactly the same point. I just skipped the cut scene and never had an issue.

Also found more stability by turning off Afterburner.

It does seem random though.

I can go for hours both single player and on-line and no issues and then a CTD.

Associate

I had the same issue and the only way to get round it was run in windowed mode

after I did the mission I returned to fullscreen and its been fine since

Soldato
What a great game (single player). Looks great, beautiful gameworld, interesting characters, performs very well, no slowdowns anymore. Even most of the main missions are very good, none of those awful timed trials so far. I love just roaming around the world, this is a great game.

Back
Top Bottom