***Official Halo Reach Thread***

Soldato
So looking forward to a new Invasion map, bored to death of Spire and Boneyard.

Have they changed Spire yet? It was completely unbalanced having Elites on defense, since they have more health, better shields and they spawn with energy swords in the final part of the map, which made it really difficult to get the AI core if your team didn't pretty much throw themselves at it (which never happened).

It's stupid balance decisions like this that made me stop playing the game, but if they've addressed them I may consider giving it another go.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
TBH I never had any problems with spire. Yes they get energy swords, but you can easily bypass them using jetpacks and going in through the roof (instead of the base gravity lifts).

Also i find that with a good team, as soon as you take the second point, you can be in the tower, out the window with the core, and jetpacking to victory, all before the Elites have chance to form any semblance of defence.

Also quite often now the Spartan team will steal the Elites Banshee and to use it to push them back and defend the core-carrier.

:D

My only gripe about Spire, is that its a really dull map. Boneyard is much better.

Soldato
So who's grabbing the map pack today? I'm tempted, but would really like a sneaky way of obtaining the points rather than spending straight on the market. Anyone know any sites that sell the cards via email for good prices?

Soldato
TBH I never had any problems with spire. Yes they get energy swords, but you can easily bypass them using jetpacks and going in through the roof (instead of the base gravity lifts).

Also i find that with a good team, as soon as you take the second point, you can be in the tower, out the window with the core, and jetpacking to victory, all before the Elites have chance to form any semblance of defence.

Also quite often now the Spartan team will steal the Elites Banshee and to use it to push them back and defend the core-carrier.

:D

That is a no then? :p

Yes it is easy to win with a good team, but my team is always useless :o Half of them are at the spawn fighting over the Falcon and spend half the game inside it trying (more like failing) to get kills, while the Elites are all hiding at the top of the tower with swords, not even bothering to shoot it down. I can try and get the AI core on my own but 6 vs 1 almost always doesn't end well. I've managed it a few times where I've cleared most of them out with rockets and chucked the AI core over the edge, but the idiots on my team just stand there while they return it.

Another question, has the Betrayal system been changed at all? Because before I stopped playing it took into account every single betrayal from Halo 2 & Halo 3 and since I've been playing since Halo 2 launched I get kicked after just a single betrayal.

Then again the easiest way to find out is to just betray someone I suppose :p

Soldato
So who's grabbing the map pack today? I'm tempted, but would really like a sneaky way of obtaining the points rather than spending straight on the market. Anyone know any sites that sell the cards via email for good prices?

I've got it, though the playlists don't go live until this evening (6:30pm I think)

Soldato
I'm really tempted by it, but I only really want it for the new invasion map :/. I still think 800msp for 3 maps is a bit cheeky aswell, chances are these maps were 95% complete at launch.

On another note, has anyone played with what I reckon are fake bungie employees? I've played a couple lately with the Bungie nameplate, but it looked a bit dodgy. Plus I didn't get a medal or anything for playing/winning the game, oh and they were crap players too!

HeX

HeX

Soldato
New maps are good, but they need to integrate them into the normal play-lists more.

Haven't managed to get a single game of Invasion on the new map all night.

:(

Currently its just a DLC playlist, and it has pretty much every game type in there, so its very hard to get to play something you actually want.

In other news, 30k credits to go until I get my Gold Visor :D

Soldato
And no they haven't even touched the betrayal system.

A single betrayal and I'm immediately booted from the game by some 12 year old on a ******* power trip. He saw me throw 2 stickies up a lift to kill some campers on Sword Base so his immediate reaction is to follow the stickies up the lift and of course it's all my fault. Yet if I'm ever betrayed I don't even get the choice to kick them =/ Why couldn't they just leave the system as it was? It was fine in Halo 2 & 3 where you needed atleast 2 team kills before they get the option to kick.

This is the sort of crap is what is ruining an otherwise decent game for me.

Back
Top Bottom