Official Home Gym Building Thread

Soldato
Right. My stuff turned up..Eventually. Monday 2 pallets turned up as expected. After unpacking it was obvious a few items where missing. Mirafit state to hang fire for 48hrs as they can often send via a different haulier if items are at different depots

I waited and then emailed them.. They were adamant that everything was sent out and asked if both pallets had turned up.... Turns out my order got split and it should have been 3 pallets. The haulier eventually found it and it got delivered today.. To be fair to Mirafit they were constantly emailing me and luckily I had CCTV footage of the Delivery.

Anyhow.. I'm now a broken man.... Thats a lot of stuff to hand ball 70ft to the "gym". Gonna need a few days off as I've pulled my bicep tendon trying to be 30 yrs old again

I have a M3 rack
10-35KG Dumbbell rack
10-50kg EZ curl barbell rack
Various plates and a plate tree
Landmine
T-bar row attachment and step up
Dip bars
Rings
Hangers (abs)
EZ Curl Barbell
Trap Bar (OMG that thing is heavy)

Pics to follow once I manage to tidy up a small house worth of Cardboard boxes..

Going to order another Olympic bar (poss M3) so I can keep one racked with weights.

On the lookout now for a cable crossover machine and a Lat Pulldown. Ideally ex commercial gym stuff.. Ebay and Marketplace

Soldato
Thoughts on the M3 rack.... Its a bit of a beast. I did put it together on my own then lifted into position so it is possible on your own

Soldato
Right. My stuff turned up..Eventually. Monday 2 pallets turned up as expected. After unpacking it was obvious a few items where missing. Mirafit state to hang fire for 48hrs as they can often send via a different haulier if items are at different depots

I waited and then emailed them.. They were adamant that everything was sent out and asked if both pallets had turned up.... Turns out my order got split and it should have been 3 pallets. The haulier eventually found it and it got delivered today.. To be fair to Mirafit they were constantly emailing me and luckily I had CCTV footage of the Delivery.

Anyhow.. I'm now a broken man.... Thats a lot of stuff to hand ball 70ft to the "gym". Gonna need a few days off as I've pulled my bicep tendon trying to be 30 yrs old again

I have a M3 rack
10-35KG Dumbbell rack
10-50kg EZ curl barbell rack
Various plates and a plate tree
Landmine
T-bar row attachment and step up
Dip bars
Rings
Hangers (abs)
EZ Curl Barbell
Trap Bar (OMG that thing is heavy)

Pics to follow once I manage to tidy up a small house worth of Cardboard boxes..

Going to order another Olympic bar (poss M3) so I can keep one racked with weights.

On the lookout now for a cable crossover machine and a Lat Pulldown. Ideally ex commercial gym stuff.. Ebay and Marketplace

Now that sounds like a proper Christmas present.

any photos of room mate? how much did the 2 racks cost?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Bit concerned about the barbell, its only 17kg tho??
Ah yes, that’s not ideal.

I’d want a 20kg oly bar. Here is what I’d recommend (it’s what I have pretty much). The hex plates are great for ez bar.

0-CEA260-D-EC66-4797-9900-F8078-C3-E6-F77.png

E24-A5373-4876-4-D8-C-A43-D-1-A870-C584458.png

191-FB4-C8-0774-4394-9-B73-A1-FCF5101680.png

Soldato
Ah yes, that’s not ideal.

I’d want a 20kg oly bar. Here is what I’d recommend (it’s what I have pretty much). The hex plates are great for ez bar.

0-CEA260-D-EC66-4797-9900-F8078-C3-E6-F77.png

E24-A5373-4876-4-D8-C-A43-D-1-A870-C584458.png

191-FB4-C8-0774-4394-9-B73-A1-FCF5101680.png

that setup makes a lot of sense TBH mate. I was worried that the 5KG bumpers on an EZ curl bar wouldn't work due to the sheer size of them so I'd end up having to buy new 5-10kg bumpers in a different size.
I'm going down to Iron Kings hopefully this week so I'll have a look at their stuff too and see what I can do.
with the weather as cold as it is, I'm very eager to get my own setup this month rather than hving to go to the gym every evening now.

My inital list is:

1. Iron King wall mount rack
2. Jammer arms
3. Dip extension
4. Landmine
5. 20kg barbell
6. EZ curl bar
7. 100kg of bumper plates + Hex plates

With that gear, I think I can do a decent chest/arm/back day and legs day will be the only thing a little lacking (altho landmine means I can do some front loaded BB squat variation which should be good and the space I have means I can do actual lunges.

Then I'll likely next month or the month after buy:
1. 30kg Mirafit dumbell rack
2. 32, 34, 36, 38, 40kg dumbells slowly as I can find them
3. Leg extension & curl machine
4. Dual Pulley machine

I do have a massive garden and good sized front drive enclosed by a gate and wall (basically a court yard).. any ideas how I can make use of this space?

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Juicy juicy stuff here...

I need more dumbbells though in the 32-46KG range, cant be bothered to spend a £1000 though.

A leg extension machine might be a good idea, would help my puny legs.

Soldato
that setup makes a lot of sense TBH mate. I was worried that the 5KG bumpers on an EZ curl bar wouldn't work due to the sheer size of them so I'd end up having to buy new 5-10kg bumpers in a different size.
I'm going down to Iron Kings hopefully this week so I'll have a look at their stuff too and see what I can do.
with the weather as cold as it is, I'm very eager to get my own setup this month rather than hving to go to the gym every evening now.

My inital list is:

1. Iron King wall mount rack
2. Jammer arms
3. Dip extension
4. Landmine
5. 20kg barbell
6. EZ curl bar
7. 100kg of bumper plates + Hex plates

With that gear, I think I can do a decent chest/arm/back day and legs day will be the only thing a little lacking (altho landmine means I can do some front loaded BB squat variation which should be good and the space I have means I can do actual lunges.

Then I'll likely next month or the month after buy:
1. 30kg Mirafit dumbell rack
2. 32, 34, 36, 38, 40kg dumbells slowly as I can find them
3. Leg extension & curl machine
4. Dual Pulley machine

I do have a massive garden and good sized front drive enclosed by a gate and wall (basically a court yard).. any ideas how I can make use of this space?

With a rack and a bar you can do front squat, back squat, overhead squats, weighted lunges, bulgarians, split squats, RDL's and weighted calf raises. How can legs be lacking?

Soldato
Juicy juicy stuff here...

I need more dumbbells though in the 32-46KG range, cant be bothered to spend a £1000 though.

A leg extension machine might be a good idea, would help my puny legs.

yup thats my issue.

The mirafit 2-30kg rack is awesome but in reality the DBs I wanna play with are all in the 36kg-50kg raise as I really want them for DB rows and incline/flat DB press.

they get pricey :(

Soldato
Bit random but can anyone recommend a decent carabiner? The ones that came on my cable station are a bit crappy - they do the job fine but the spring mechanism is a bit fiddly and it has some real sharp edges on it; keep nicking myself! Had a check on Bezos' site but as usual there are 10,000 to choose from all with mixed reviews so not really sure what to go with!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Bit random but can anyone recommend a decent carabiner? The ones that came on my cable station are a bit crappy - they do the job fine but the spring mechanism is a bit fiddly and it has some real sharp edges on it; keep nicking myself! Had a check on Bezos' site but as usual there are 10,000 to choose from all with mixed reviews so not really sure what to go with!

I used the Mirafit ones, no complaints. You can probably find equivalent on Amazon.

https://mirafit.co.uk/mirafit-alloy-multi-purpose-carabiner-clip.html

Soldato
Ok guys its on the way:

100kg bumper plates
2.5kg to 30kg dumbells & rack
Folding squat rack
Jammer Arms
Dip Extension bar
Landmine
Bench with incline options
Gym flooring
Pro barbell 7ft

:D Can't wait. Just need some levelling compound and to buy varnish to sort out my bricks in the garage and we're good to go for installation. Will slowly sort out my ceiling & lighting in the garage too over the next couple of weeks. Will ask gardener if he can help insulate it and fill in the gaps in the shoddy brick work cos I'd rather keep original features as much as possible.

Soldato
Trying to decide folding rack 60 vs 80cm. I have the room for 80, my dad's advising just go for 80 so you have that little more space if someone is spotting you etc.

edit: please delete.. went for 80cm for more room to spot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom