1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Home Gym Building Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by Psycho Sonny, May 1, 2011.

1. binocular99

Associate

In the next four months I will be have a gym built at the end of my garage. Area is about 72ft²

The equipment I'm planning on putting in is:

Bodymax CF353 Olympic Competitor Bench
    Cardiostrong EX60 Elliptical Cross Trainer

Now biggest question is which flooring should i have to choose? I found a gym flooring website. https://www.flooringfitness.com
    I do not have any idea about which product should i buy? So many products and so many questions...

2. Syla5

Mobster

3. dragonslayer

Gangster

I'm currently in the process of upgrading my gym stuff so can anyone recommend a bench that has the ability to have a leg curl/ leg extension added onto it in the future please

Thanks

4. Skidder

Man of Honour

Wishing I did home gym earlier. Absolutely loving not having to go to the gym and interact with other people (that's what the internet is for)! Also great not to have to plan when I go around the kids, wife etc. If I'm the only one in with the kids, I can still work out and they're in the room next door.

5. iamtheoneneo

Sgarrista

yes if you have kids, not driving 10-15 minutes to the gym each time makes it so much easier to get a session in.
    The only bummer is winter coming and how cold it is in (in my garage) at least - but you do get used to it I guess.

6. dragonslayer

Gangster

Buy a fan heater/ electric radiator and stick it on low so it clicks in and out which will keep the garage warm it's what I used to do

7. Syla5

Mobster

Or stick it on a timer switch.

8. GSVBagpuss

Wise Guy

If anyone wants a cable machine but doesn’t want to spend a lot of money then I highly recommend the Hardcastle £80 one. It’s been 3 months in my wet garage and runs perfectly nicely. Fits Oly and regular plates too

9. Syla5

Mobster

Is this an adjustable one, or just a lat pulldown type setup?

10. soundb0y

Mobster

Say I had 2x cf475 racks with the pulley attachment, do you recon I could put them facing each other and use for cable crossovers?

11. Syla5

Mobster

its only a low/high pulley setup so it would be far from. Why do you have 2 racks? or is this a plan to get 2 racks?

12. soundb0y

Mobster

A mate has moved just down the road and we've combined both our setups in my shed.

We seem to have a decent amount of kit combined now but just want a few more things. A cable machine isn't really needed but I always enjoyed using them. Just bought a leg press on ebay too.

13. Syla5

Mobster

Brought a leg press by say a cable machine isn't really needed....

Honestly you will get much more use out of a cable machine then a leg press. Bodymax CF820 is a wish list item for me when I sort out space.

14. soundb0y

Mobster

I'm not saying anything else is really a necessity but it seemed pretty dam cheap and comes with 200kg of plates. If I could find a cable setup for a good price also Id probably buy that too.

15. Syla5

Mobster

Ah a cheap source of plates is always good. Ive seen the CF820 go on ebay/gumtree for below £600. Even at £850 found new its not that expensive.

16. soundb0y

Mobster

Will keep an eye on them cheers.

17. utajoker

Capodecina

18. Psymonkee

Capodecina

19. utajoker

Capodecina

Would a 7ft bar be alright with the bench I've chosen? Does it make a difference?

Also anywhere else I should look to buy? This was just first Google link.

Thanks for the help

20. GiraffePencils

Mobster

If working out alone, I'd always go for a bench/rack with spotters