****** Official IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad ******

Soldato
Since there is no threads on this upcoming game , I thought it was time there was.

The game is now available from the website: http://il2sturmovik.com/ or via steam

^ Which actually turned out to be lies and they gave us something akin to War Thunder except
they made us pay for it and grind to unlock stuff , pretty sad.
You have to play lots of campaign missions (auto generated carp) to gain experience points to get
better guns engines armour etc, which is hard to do when the damn game crashes a lot.

There are 2 versions available

$45.99 version with 8 aircraft
$99.99 full "anal intrusion" version with 10 aircraft

Unlike DCS these guys have thought ahead and will allowing gifting of aircraft to your friends.
I think the business model will be close to how the Rise of Flight one works. (lots of "micro" payments)

Speaking for myself I loved the original IL2 1946 game , not so much the debacle known as IL: Cliffs of Dover,
IL2 BOS has less bugs than Cliffs but is nothing like what we were told it was going to be.

My advise , wait until it is in the bargin bin

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
In related News , there was an IL2 1946 update patch released this week
It has got some pretty good features 6 DOF etc , defo worth checking out

Soldato
OP
New Nvidia drivers now enable SLI for this game

This game looks great now

Still in Beta and they have got dual GPU's working , more than can be said for DCS , out for 6 years and still they cannot figure out multi GPU ...........

Soldato
OP
Put in a bit of time and it's no problem. You having problems with taxing?

My Rhino X55 is off for RMA sadly will be back on BoS as soon as I get it back. :D

There is no clickable cockpit in this game dude , refering to fact that it can be more trouble than its worth in some games that use it when the action is getting intense

IL2: BOS is now 90% complete and the campaign is in it :)

Soldato
OP
Put in a bit of time and it's no problem. You having problems with taxing?

My Rhino X55 is off for RMA sadly will be back on BoS as soon as I get it back. :D

I got my X55 today ........ and its faulty

What was the fault with yours ?

Me H3 Up does not work

Soldato
OP
Yep it looks like things are not going well with BOS

Forcing SP grind to get the unlocks

Threatening to cancel development all together if people dont start posting glowing reviews on metacritic .....

It has all gone Pete Tong :(

The game itself (now released) is more like war thunder arcade style action and less like the sim we were told it would be sadly

Soldato
OP
Is having a single player unlock system so bad?

If the single player experience is under 10 hours then that is surely manageable, especially if they make it a good campaign.

More like 40+ hours as some have had the time to do it

Certainly a very "realistic" flight model they got going on ............

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
@ChrisJSY , you might want to wait until a cheaper version comes out lest you be
left feeling that it was not money well spent

There are some rumours going about regarding people being paid to talk up the game and try to silence anyone pointing out the games flaws

The whole reviewgate debacle that happened a few weeks ago defo pointed out some strange and unsettling behaviour from this company

Soldato
OP
If anyone is thinking of buying this game , I would wait and see

If it wasn't bad enough that you have to grind in SP to get "unlocks"

You are flying the "campaign" to grind and get the unlocks but the damn game crashes after you have completed the objective and before you have a chance to land ...... very disheartening to say the least

I hope they get these bugs sorted out soon

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Another update regarding IL2 BOS management

"reviewgate" post for reference (it as taken down)
BfMs7kQ-1.jpg

Seems things are not rosey over the 777
http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/10/il-2-sturmovik-exec-unprofessional/

Soldato
OP
this review rubbish is getting out of hand now.

People forget that on day one of it appearing on steams early access one guy whose sole issue was the 109's FM created about 8 threads in the discussion group slating the game as a whole and said if he was banned he would 'make it his mission to bury the game' with his virtual squadron buddies.

Now I'm willing to bet that this could well be the final result, I undersatnd people need to have their own opinions, but would it not be best to at least make your metacritic review at least honest instead of spamming? Thats how the whole 'reviewgate' quote is getting misinterpreted.

People will go to metacritic for a review, yeah sure there are better and more accurate sites out there but people will still use it and if they see a game with a 1.8 user score then rightly they would believe it to be pap, in return lost sales and truly if people only think your game is worth hating is it worth carrying on?

The last part is what means the most in that quote. Like it? Tell your friends, sure its got issues but personally I'd be putting it at a solid 7.5/10 myself

Yeah the whole metacritic episode is totally carp .. on both sides

0 - 1 reviews = ignore (people just annoyed about the arcade nature of the game / unlocks and raging ainst it)
9 - 10 reviews = ignore (The fanboi flag waving brigade come out to offset the 0 -1 reviewers)

Soldato
OP
Waiting on the oculus support to get into this. I really need a good wwii flightsim to get my VR teeth into. I don't mind too much about the qualms he has, I think these are things that can be ironed out. Looking forward to getting this.

If you want a sim look elsewhere I am afraid , this is a little bit closer to arcade than sim

Soldato
OP
How many times can a company shoot themselves in the foot ?

From IL2 BOS russian forum ..

Больше всего в этой ситуации меня поразило само сообщество. Самоделкины творят всякое, зачем не мой вопрос. Но вместо того что бы культурно попросить поддерживать или исправить если сломалось этот набор проводов мы услышали хамство, обвинения в преступлениях, ор ирерихонский и в целом невменяемое поведение. Это увы характеризует это сообщество как отвратительное и в целом мало интересное для разработчика. Вы продемонстрировали себя с худшей из возможных сторон. Поэтому прошу никого не удивляться изменению нашего отношения к вам как к пользователям. Вы не заслуживаете адекватных разработчиков, и я пожалел о времени потраченном нашей командой на попытку сделать для вас игру. Вы заслужили забвение жанра и низкое качество продуктов.

translated is

Most in this situation, I was struck by the community itself. Diy create all sorts, why not my question. But instead of that would be culturally correct or ask for support if break this set of wires we heard rudeness, criminal charges, Op irerihonsky and generally irresponsible behavior. This unfortunately characterizes this community as disgusting and generally of little interest to the developer. You have shown yourself to the worst possible sides. So please do not surprise anyone change our relationship to you as users. You do not deserve adequate developers, and I regret the time spent by our team to try to make a game for you. You deserve oblivion genre and low quality products.

Back
Top Bottom