****** Official IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad ******

Soldato
this review rubbish is getting out of hand now.

People forget that on day one of it appearing on steams early access one guy whose sole issue was the 109's FM created about 8 threads in the discussion group slating the game as a whole and said if he was banned he would 'make it his mission to bury the game' with his virtual squadron buddies.

Now I'm willing to bet that this could well be the final result, I undersatnd people need to have their own opinions, but would it not be best to at least make your metacritic review at least honest instead of spamming? Thats how the whole 'reviewgate' quote is getting misinterpreted.

People will go to metacritic for a review, yeah sure there are better and more accurate sites out there but people will still use it and if they see a game with a 1.8 user score then rightly they would believe it to be pap, in return lost sales and truly if people only think your game is worth hating is it worth carrying on?

The last part is what means the most in that quote. Like it? Tell your friends, sure its got issues but personally I'd be putting it at a solid 7.5/10 myself

Soldato
OP
this review rubbish is getting out of hand now.

People forget that on day one of it appearing on steams early access one guy whose sole issue was the 109's FM created about 8 threads in the discussion group slating the game as a whole and said if he was banned he would 'make it his mission to bury the game' with his virtual squadron buddies.

Now I'm willing to bet that this could well be the final result, I undersatnd people need to have their own opinions, but would it not be best to at least make your metacritic review at least honest instead of spamming? Thats how the whole 'reviewgate' quote is getting misinterpreted.

People will go to metacritic for a review, yeah sure there are better and more accurate sites out there but people will still use it and if they see a game with a 1.8 user score then rightly they would believe it to be pap, in return lost sales and truly if people only think your game is worth hating is it worth carrying on?

The last part is what means the most in that quote. Like it? Tell your friends, sure its got issues but personally I'd be putting it at a solid 7.5/10 myself

Yeah the whole metacritic episode is totally carp .. on both sides

0 - 1 reviews = ignore (people just annoyed about the arcade nature of the game / unlocks and raging ainst it)
9 - 10 reviews = ignore (The fanboi flag waving brigade come out to offset the 0 -1 reviewers)

Soldato
As of now I would put 6 out of 10. (9/10 for sim side and 3/10 for the game side of things). IF they liven up career, it could well be a 8 or even 9 out of 10 game imho. But as it is, I have better things to do with my time than play this.

Soldato
Waiting on the oculus support to get into this. I really need a good wwii flightsim to get my VR teeth into. I don't mind too much about the qualms he has, I think these are things that can be ironed out. Looking forward to getting this.

Soldato
OP
Waiting on the oculus support to get into this. I really need a good wwii flightsim to get my VR teeth into. I don't mind too much about the qualms he has, I think these are things that can be ironed out. Looking forward to getting this.

If you want a sim look elsewhere I am afraid , this is a little bit closer to arcade than sim

Soldato
It is classic IL2, IL2 was never shooting for Falcon4 crown, it was what it was- one button start up yet complex flight physics, ballistics and damage modelling. Stalingrad is replicating that exact formula. If you want to click cockpit buttons to spin up flywheels and heat up pitot tubes you have DCS. (flight physics, ballistics wise there is nothing between them, damage modelling is better in BOS)

Soldato
OP
How many times can a company shoot themselves in the foot ?

From IL2 BOS russian forum ..

Больше всего в этой ситуации меня поразило само сообщество. Самоделкины творят всякое, зачем не мой вопрос. Но вместо того что бы культурно попросить поддерживать или исправить если сломалось этот набор проводов мы услышали хамство, обвинения в преступлениях, ор ирерихонский и в целом невменяемое поведение. Это увы характеризует это сообщество как отвратительное и в целом мало интересное для разработчика. Вы продемонстрировали себя с худшей из возможных сторон. Поэтому прошу никого не удивляться изменению нашего отношения к вам как к пользователям. Вы не заслуживаете адекватных разработчиков, и я пожалел о времени потраченном нашей командой на попытку сделать для вас игру. Вы заслужили забвение жанра и низкое качество продуктов.

translated is

Most in this situation, I was struck by the community itself. Diy create all sorts, why not my question. But instead of that would be culturally correct or ask for support if break this set of wires we heard rudeness, criminal charges, Op irerihonsky and generally irresponsible behavior. This unfortunately characterizes this community as disgusting and generally of little interest to the developer. You have shown yourself to the worst possible sides. So please do not surprise anyone change our relationship to you as users. You do not deserve adequate developers, and I regret the time spent by our team to try to make a game for you. You deserve oblivion genre and low quality products.

Soldato
OP
news ..............

starter.jpg

Soldato
right annoyed about that, at no point ever did they make out all planes would be achievable through campaign.

Although can you supply a link to that as google is failing to find it and I can't peak russian to decode the RU forums, could just be yet another hate campaign.

**not a fanboy, just haven't seen it on the official forums yet**

Soldato
Yeah I won't be touching this with a poo stick let alone my joystick. £90 777 the greedy b******s. I'll stick to clod and dcs thx

it isn't, its £40, 70 for the deluxe edition which isn't necessary.

DCS is a far worse alternative money and promise wise, I'm still waiting 4 years later for the Nevada map I was promised with the beta.

Soldato
OP
New version listed will be $11

Isn't fanboi is the usually used spelling?

....... Yes it might be part of the the "hate" campaign lol

Someone spent ages with photoshop and created a post to mimic the community manager for IL2: BOS

Dude , they don't need anyone else's help to make themselves look foolish , they are doing a pretty good job by themselves

Last edited:
Soldato
New version listed will be $11

Isn't fanboi is the usually used spelling?

....... Yes it might be part of the the "hate" campaign lol

Someone spent ages with photoshop and created a post to mimic the community manager for IL2: BOS

Dude , they don't need anyone else's help to make themselves look foolish , they are doing a pretty good job by themselves

Its getting pretty pointless coming into this thread now, just endless moaning.

Yes, It might be $11, games are also available on american steam at different prices, indian origin etc, its called the international market.

However when I searched yesterday I couldn't find any evidence of it, and bearing in mind I've seen a member of the community say he would go 'to the ends of the earth' to give BoS a bad name, 20 minutes on photoshop is a small task to get people riled up, especially when he spent 3 days creating troll threads every hour.

It seems that people just want to whinge now, yes its £40, so are many inferior games, wait for sales etc.

I don't care how much they get moaned about for supposedly not listening to the community, because all it seems to be is people wanting the game either free or with 350 free planes.

Look at the community questions, the vast majority are borderline morons and that must wear thin. A quick look now has a guy moaning because it had a bugfix update.

Soldato
Most in this situation, I was struck by the community itself. Diy create all sorts, why not my question. But instead of that would be culturally correct or ask for support if break this set of wires we heard rudeness, criminal charges, Op irerihonsky and generally irresponsible behavior. This unfortunately characterizes this community as disgusting and generally of little interest to the developer. You have shown yourself to the worst possible sides. So please do not surprise anyone change our relationship to you as users. You do not deserve adequate developers, and I regret the time spent by our team to try to make a game for you. You deserve oblivion genre and low quality products.

What an attitude to customers...

:)

Soldato
As good a reason not to read the forums as any I have seen. Hope that starter edition is real, but if it is it will cause apoplexy amongst the moaners.

Soldato
Yeah they really should have looked into that, at least you're not this guy:

It really is absurd: for my steam account I typed in something silly like "evilpedopervert" just as a placeholder forgetting that this would be permanent, no I cannot use it for fear that the FBI will come calling.

Back
Top Bottom