*** Official Kodi (née XBMC) Thread ***

Soldato
Not sure if this is the place, but would greatly appreciate some info:

I have a Pi2 running Openelec in the livingroom. I will be migrating my media library to a new NAS from which I want to be presenting LUNs via iSCSI to the pi. I've tested the source initiator from the NAS to my Windows system and all works fine. The problem I have now is getting an iSCSI initiator running on Openelec. It's pretty locked down so using deb repositories don't seem to be an option and I'm not sure I want to try to compile something locally that'll get over-written if Kodi/Openelec gets updated via their services.

Help me OCUK, you're my only hope.

Soldato
get another pi, use it as a bridge between your iSCSI NAS and your openelc pi

Hmmm, thanks but I'd like to host everything on one pi if possible. If not I'll have to either sacrifice Openelec and go for Raspbian (or something similar) or alternatively I'll the bedroom pi will be rebuild as an iSCSI initiator box.

Soldato
Not sure if this is the place, but would greatly appreciate some info:

I have a Pi2 running Openelec in the livingroom. I will be migrating my media library to a new NAS from which I want to be presenting LUNs via iSCSI to the pi. I've tested the source initiator from the NAS to my Windows system and all works fine. The problem I have now is getting an iSCSI initiator running on Openelec. It's pretty locked down so using deb repositories don't seem to be an option and I'm not sure I want to try to compile something locally that'll get over-written if Kodi/Openelec gets updated via their services.

Help me OCUK, you're my only hope.

What are you trying to achieve here? I have all my sources, database, files, profiles etc on a NAS with out needing to use iSCSI.. all my kodi devices can connect to it and share just by shareing advancedsettings.xml. Ofc this does mean I have openelec installed locally.

Soldato
What are you trying to achieve here? I have all my sources, database, files, profiles etc on a NAS with out needing to use iSCSI.. all my kodi devices can connect to it and share just by shareing advancedsettings.xml. Ofc this does mean I have openelec installed locally.

I would like to have Openelec installed locally (microSD card) and the mount point for /Storage/Media on the LUN presented via iSCSI. Within media would then be further directories etc.

At the moment I have /Storage on a USB and the required subdirectories mounted via NFS to the old NAS.

The issue I have is that the new NAS only supports iSCSI. As I was given the NAS I thought I'd make it work as an interesting project.

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Hi

Got an odd issue with Kodi at the moment. I have 196 movies. All 196 show up in Kodi remote on my iphone, but only 180 show up in the movies screen on the PC.

Anyone seen this before?

Caporegime
Resurrected my N54L and installed Windows 10 on it. Last time I used XBMC, it was called that so have I missed much with Kodi?

TV has moved on in the last two years so trying to find a place for my HPTC in the living room as we have a fully loaded Sky HD package (which I believe has access to films, box sets etc).

Soldato
Whats the advantage over kodi?

From what I understand the main Android developer has split from the official Kodi team and has gone back to working on SPMC, it will include more experimental stuff (tweaks, hacks etc) that the Kodi team may not had authorised.

With the main Android developer gone, we may find the official Android version of Kodi doesnt get as many Android specific tweaks, bug fixes etc

Soldato
Hey, im super confused. I Got Kodi up and running on my FireTV which is ace. Id really like to set it up to have all the movies displayed as like film posters with blurbs etc that i can scroll through. is that a thing or did i dream it?

Sorry if this is basic ad answered a million times.

Back
Top Bottom