***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

The version of No Mercy Kearney and I are working on is pretty near to completion now I would say (at least it's nearing completion of a "version" as it were), we have increased the length of many of the panic events, swapped a lot of the spawns over, removed the intro from NM1 for now because it's borked, basically it's pretty solid as it is.

I hope to get a version over to you today sometime Link so we can try it out tomorrow on one of the ocuk servers or something :)

The version of No Mercy Kearney and I are working on is pretty near to completion now I would say (at least it's nearing completion of a "version" as it were), we have increased the length of many of the panic events, swapped a lot of the spawns over, removed the intro from NM1 for now because it's borked, basically it's pretty solid as it is.

I hope to get a version over to you today sometime Link so we can try it out tomorrow on one of the ocuk servers or something :)

Out of interest, does the gas station explosion work? I remember seeing that it caused a CTD in other versions.

Out of interest, does the gas station explosion work? I remember seeing that it caused a CTD in other versions.

Yep works fine mate, the only thing that didn't really work was:

1) intro movie, so for now we've removed it and you just start like in a normal map
2) finale event - it works but you get no radio sounds at all unfortunately, no idea how to correct this right now but tbh it's not the highest priority as I would prefer to have something playable for now :)
3) some of the other battle events were too short, we've added a second (and in the case of NM4 lift event 3rd) panic event kickoff on a delay so the zombies attack for longer. There are some fundamental differences between director in L4D1 and L4D2 it seems

The nav meshes and stuff are ok but the bots are still stupid as hell and fail to keep up sometimes, but really this is a non issue as we are making these maps for VS really ahead of Campaign mode :)

1) intro movie, so for now we've removed it and you just start like in a normal map - A none issue really, we've all seen it. Is it something to do with the triggers to make the old survivors talk or is it more indepth?

2) finale event - it works but you get no radio sounds at all unfortunately, no idea how to correct this right now but tbh it's not the highest priority as I would prefer to have something playable for now :) - Indeed, would be funny if you could record your own voices for it :p

3) some of the other battle events were too short, we've added a second (and in the case of NM4 lift event 3rd) panic event kickoff on a delay so the zombies attack for longer. There are some fundamental differences between director in L4D1 and L4D2 it seems - Yeah could be a problem trying to get the events to work well. At the end of the day the L4D1 events are campfests compared to L4D2, so unless you could add your own triggers to the maps to cause the horde to stop... not much could be done.

Comments in red.

That's a point, many of the l4d1 events are going to be a utter cluster **** with the new infected.

Can you imagine the last half of NM4 with the Jockey and Charger too?

NM3 is gonna be interesting, the whole event is just Spitter/Charger/Jockey fodder. Stand on the elevator = Spit, escape it by standing on the railings a Charger could come belting over the roof straight through the lift sending everyone flying. Then theres the fact 3 infected can knock people off directly.

1) Nah it seems more in depth, basically if you don't remove it you start out the map looking behind where you normally start, at a horizontal angle, helicopter flies off, tarp flies off (but you see none of this since you're looking the wrong way anyway). weird :)

2) Maybe, but to be honest I would probably prefer to replace them with some of the built in L4D2 sounds that are similar

3) They work pretty well at the moment in all honesty, at times you would be hard pushed to notice the difference between L4D1 events and these, but it could be nice to add a couple of the L4D2 style cut and run panic events in if we can figure out how.

I think for this I will look into how the events trigger a bit more in depth so I can get a better understanding of it :)

Fair enough, but that is seriously FUBAR. I am all in favour of melee weapons, but surely they should introduce armour and make tanks impervious to all melee except the chainsaw

Your supposed to be afraid of the tank not laughing at it

1) Nah it seems more in depth, basically if you don't remove it you start out the map looking behind where you normally start, at a horizontal angle, helicopter flies off, tarp flies off (but you see none of this since you're looking the wrong way anyway). weird :)

2) Maybe, but to be honest I would probably prefer to replace them with some of the built in L4D2 sounds that are similar

3) They work pretty well at the moment in all honesty, at times you would be hard pushed to notice the difference between L4D1 events and these, but it could be nice to add a couple of the L4D2 style cut and run panic events in if we can figure out how.

I think for this I will look into how the events trigger a bit more in depth so I can get a better understanding of it :)

At least because your importing them into L4D2 its just a case of setting up a similar event style that the existing campaigns use. I suppose some of them are fairly logical, like triggering the elevator on NM4 stops the zombies and putting some random 'emergancy exit alarm' switch on BH2.

1 thing that would be interesting... completely redoing BH4s ending. Doing something like the Parish Finale where the bridge lowers down to let you pass while the horde attacks. No reason for it other than to make it longer.

Indeed, but i'm sure the rest of his weapon stats are completely wrong. Though theres not much point saying expert tank, it needs to be Versus tank since you can't melee an AI tank without taking a pounding :p

Fair enough, but that is seriously FUBAR. I am all in favour of melee weapons, but surely they should introduce armour and make tanks impervious to all melee except the chainsaw

Your supposed to be afraid of the tank not laughing at it

come play the insanity mod.

10k +faster +longer burn time.

Melee is no longer a good idea :p

Also i think Link found a way to increase tanks resistance to melee but hasn't implemented it as the rest of the changes seem to work fine atm.

Sure, can easily upload it onto my Virgin Media space later today, can you then download it direct to the server (does it use RDP) or do you have to download it, then transfer it across via FTP or something? :)

Depends on the server. The Linktart ones can be direct, but the two Libnk to Insanity servers have to be downloaded to me first then uploaded overnight to the server.

Depends on the server. The Linktart ones can be direct, but the two Libnk to Insanity servers have to be downloaded to me first then uploaded overnight to the server.

ah ok :)

Well anyway, I will get a version running ASAP, can't see it being a big problem.

Also for now I increased the weapon spawns slightly as per discussions yesterday, still need to block off the rooms and stuff though and mod the staging room slightly on NM5 but I can't see that taking too long :)

Back
Top Bottom